green growth on soil

• Thread starter Blankstates
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blankstates

Blankstates

Got a green moss like stuff on top of my soil. It's super thin coat. I know it ain't good so I scooped it off and hit with some super diluted white vinegar n water.. think that should knock it out.. iam using pro mix mycorrhizae.. should I back off the water obviously, an let em dry up a bit.. some seedlings trying to save or yall think damage been done. Gotta get humidity in check..

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

Hard to say without seeing it, but it could be trichoderma, a common inoculant. It's the terror of mushroom growers, but a friend to gardeners

Seraphine

Seraphine

Got a green moss like stuff on top of my soil. It's super thin coat. I know it ain't good so I scooped it off and hit with some super diluted white vinegar n water.. think that should knock it out.. iam using pro mix mycorrhizae.. should I back off the water obviously, an let em dry up a bit.. some seedlings trying to save or yall think damage been done. Gotta get humidity in check..
Let it dry up. Add a fan for air flow.

Blankstates

Blankstates

Hard to say without seeing it, but it could be trichoderma, a common inoculant. It's the terror of mushroom growers, but a friend to gardeners

See that's what I was thinking it could be beneficial but I been having a time trying to pop seed.. so I just went at it as a problem..

basscaptain

basscaptain

See that's what I was thinking it could be beneficial but I been having a time trying to pop seed.. so I just went at it as a problem..
it's a problem if your trying to pop beans... your watering to much... cut in half...........

Blankstates

Blankstates

here's a photo sorry it took a sec I transplanted n I did use the same cups (my fault didnt sterilize tho) doesn't seem to be causing an issue they look healthy

20200130 051049
stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

It is a sign of overwatering. Constant moisture in the soil plus a moist ambient air will create a suitable environment for green algae to grow. Just let the soil dry out more between watering and you should be fine. A fan for increased air flow and lower humidity wouldn't hurt at all either. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Top Bottom