Green L.e.d's For Nightime Work

• Thread starter Learnerduda
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Learnerduda

So I have built my new space and it's working very well.
One of my ideas was to buy some of those cheap L.E.D rolls off ebay which I mounted on the ceiling. The idea was they be useful for night time emergency and especially to let me do some of my scroging work in my daytime / the girls night time.
I put them in place and they seem to work nicely and very brightly.
Then along comes one of my more geeky friends who reckoned they were too bright and that cheap Chinese L.E.D's would light leak through the spectrum. He also suggested there was research to say the green light theory is potentially wrong and could be harmful.
I've done some research and seen a few posts suggesting green light could be bad but nothing concrete. I didn't really find anything to say they could be too bright or that cheap brands particularly leak. What are you thoughts. I would like to be able to do some night time work but not at the cost of potential hermaprodites.

REDiJEDi160

REDiJEDi160

I've used cheap ass green bulbs from Walmart for 7 years with no problems. In that time I've had Hermes once and that was because my roommate was way off on ph for weeks while I was away at work

REDiJEDi160

REDiJEDi160

Yea I haven't used the leds before I don't know if I'd be too worried though it's not the intensity that counts just the color and I know there are spectrum charts showing that cannabis does use green light it apparently doesn't use enough to interrupt the light cycle. I would definitely replace the lights on a semi regular basis though I do it with my bulbs too just in case

Icemud

Icemud

I would suggest letting your plants sleep in complete darkness... don't disturb them.

Now.. green light yes... has been used by many growers successfully according to what I have read on different forums, however, yes, green light does effect plants too.

Green light has little influence on the flowering process which typically is both blue and red light... however Green light does drive photosynthesis and can effect other plant processes as well, which is why I suggest, unless absolutely necessary, let your plants sleep.

REDiJEDi160

REDiJEDi160

I would suggest letting your plants sleep in complete darkness... don't disturb them.

Now.. green light yes... has been used by many growers successfully according to what I have read on different forums, however, yes, green light does effect plants too.

Green light has little influence on the flowering process which typically is both blue and red light... however Green light does drive photosynthesis and can effect other plant processes as well, which is why I suggest, unless absolutely necessary, let your plants sleep.
Yea I wouldn't just leave them on only use whenyou Haber work while the lights are out

L

Learnerduda

absolutely they get turned off when I leave the room. So the fact that they are bright has no releavance which is what i thought. Do Specific coloured L.E.D leak light into other spectrums and is their any way of telling?

Top Bottom