M

MediMary

Green leaf yellow on outside of leaf

Green leaf yellow on outside of leaf 3

Green leaf yellow on outside of leaf 2

Green leaf yellow on outside of leaf 4

Hydro Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Clone

2. How old are your plants? Big one was vegged three weeks, this is its 28th day of flowering(as of Nov 2nd,2010) Small ones no veg time.

3. How tall are your plants? I dunno the biggest one is the one with the problems, its about 1.5 -2' tall maybe 2.5 wide, im not good with guesstimates.:character0180:

4. What type of hydro system are you using? 5 gallon Bubblers.

5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using? Technaflora Bc Boost and Bc grow, First time with these nutrients. SM-90 5ml Per Gallon, Silica 5ml per gallon, ran out of cal mag this round at 2week of veg, have ordered calmag just waiting on it,
thought it was a MG problem, not sure now though.:hunter: used epsom salts at onset of problem a 1tsp per gallon, still not improving have used in the past with similar looking leaf problem with improvement.

Roots are super Bright white and healthy looking.
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution? 5.5-6.1

7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water? .4ec

8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution? 1.6

9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution?
65- 68*

10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check? Its steady, she drinks about 3.5 gallons a day, and the ec stays the same.

11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check? Yes it usually creeps up to 6.0 =)

12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?Not after week 3.

13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") One 600 watt HPS usually, just added a badboy t5 twelve bulb.

14. How close are your lights to the plants? About 6 inches
15. What size is your grow space in square feet? 36sq

16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? Temps 62-70, Humidity is 34-45%
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? Thirps early on, SM90 knocked them out.

Green leaf yellow on outside of leaf 5
Green leaf yellow on outside of leaf 6
M

MediMary

I got a little laser pointer to check the surface temps of the leaves they are usually 73-77* closest to the bulb, its kinda hard to see but the ac blows directly on the bulb.= )
My room is kinda cool to start with, about 66-68 degrees on average.

M

MediMary

Tablebloom

Tableboost

1/2 tsp per gallon of boost and grow

1tsp silica per gallon
1tsp Sm-90 per gallon
1tsp Epsom Salts per gallon

Starting EC is .4

M

MediMary

Im pretty sure venom is right and that was my first guess as well, just wanted some feedback from other folks.

F

FoCo

Looks like a K deficiency to me... definitely not Mg if you have been giving your plants epsom salt.

A

amstercal

Looks spot on for the pic from the sticky about a Potassium def, to me at least.

File
K

kuz

Nute ratio is 4-4-9. Kind of looks like k def, but that doesnt add up.

A

amstercal

Venom--Totally agree they do. IMVHE, Mg defs get the necrosis right along with the yellowing and maybe it's the pics, but I don't see it. And Ca gets spots pretty quick, which I also can't see, but it's SUPER hard to tell from those pics.

I'm not at all sure it's a K def, as I have no experience with that, but it looks EXACTLY like the pic to me. If those are the ratios the plant is getting though, it seems more likely to me that if K is being blocked out, it's something affecting the K, like lights to close as you menationed or pH or other nutes locking out the K or some other environmental factor.

Could we maybe see some close ups of some big fan leaves that have the problem? A couple preferably? Most of the stats look ok (I don't use ec). Maybe the clawing is from the epsom salts? It always seems like some is great, too much drives the ppms all crazy kind of thing to me. I definitely think a flush followed by the CalMag addition once it arrives would be good, but maybe someone can help with more pics.

Are some plants worse than others? Is that your a/c or dehumidifier just to the right of the plants? Your humidity is on the lower side... maybe that strain doesn't like being near the equipment? I've seen plants claw from being right next to a/c.

Totally just spitballing at this point (hope you don't mind), but since you didn't have a solid answer yet, I thought just discussing some factors might help... I think closer pics of fan leaves affected would help most.

M

MediMary

amstercal, thanks for the feedback,
I will take some more pictures this afternoon and post them up. I did take some of the leaves originally but they were blurry when I got them inside(using my girls camera)

Generally I run a recirculating system just switched back to bubble buckets, and
different nutrients this time technaflora.

I initially noticed some yellowing of the outside margins of the leaf, that looked spot on with MG defincey that I have had before, and some reddening of the stems.
With the initial dose at 1tsp epsom salts per gallon water the reddening stopped and actually turned back green with the new growth, so I figured problem solved, I reduced the dose of epsom salts down to 1/4tsp per gallon. The yellowing of outside of the leaves continued getting worse though and then the red came back, So I bumped the dose of epsom salts back up, and the reddening went away and some of the leaves turned back green, But i think the high dose of MG effected some other nutrients causing a lockout of possibly K. I think I also am having some calcium problems as well. One of the smaller plants got the spots, and I used hydrated lime as an experiment, LOL.
It actually worked, I just assumed the cal mag levels would be fine since my starting ec is .4 And using Ionic in the past I have never had any problems.

The plant looks healthy overall, buds look nice, stem is fat as heck for a bubble bucket, roots are bright white.

I am going to flush her this evening, and tomorrow morning will add back calmag, as it showed up in the mail today.

The other two plants I have never grown out before, and they look just fine other than the initial calcium problem, they also went right from the cloner with no veg time, into flower, the larger plant was vegged 3 weeks.

That is an AC, It does need to be moved, in the room before there were MPBs and since the tubs were elevated I had the AC blowing directly on the tubs, kept the room cool, and the water cool too.
IMG 2018

The buckets sit lower, but since the ac was there I just put the 600 directly in front of it, and that little silver reflector prevents air from blowing directly on the plants, I usually put another one on the other side and have just cold air blowing on the bare bulb.

Thats also a different variable that I hadn't thought about, which could be causing me problems.

I just got an under current system though, so out with the bubble buckets after this round. Got some new genetics too.
Yea

M

MediMary

Latest posts

Top Bottom