green light during 12/12 dark cycle??

• Thread starter LexLuthor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

hey farmers, can i use a green light to work in my room when the plants are in there flower dark cycle?? i bought 1 from lowes and its a 14w CFL, the planthave been in flower for about 5 days and i turn on the green light at least once a day for no more then 1 minute, usually only 10-30 seconds.

if anybody can give me some info based on experience with using green lights please let me know...i cant mess up this crop because 25% of it aint mine lol so i really need to know if people have done this without ill effects to there plants...thanks to all in advance.

putembk

putembk

I use green party lights and have never had a problem. As a matter of fact most of my basement is equipped with green lights. Have sometimes been in my flower room during the dark cycle to spray for bugs, wipe down lights and other maintenance items and have never had a problem. You will be fine especially no longer than you have them exposed.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

^^ always had the same results with the little ghetto party lights for quick routine maintenance. I keep green bulbs in the ceiling and flashlights with the same thing for closer inspection if need be.
MW

putembk

putembk

I use the cfl's they last longer and don't put of much heat. Only have one regular light in the entire grow and that's for mixing nutes. Oh, not counting my grow lights.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Green is the colour you want in there. I made a mistake a few years ago and left a light on and in 3 days they were junk, so I replaced all my lights with the green CFL so don't need to worry now. I also have a hat led green light. I have used them for extended times and left it on for 24 hours with no adverse affects. If you notice any hydro equipment comes with green lights, the good ones anyhow.

Top Bottom