Green Light is it true?

• Thread starter ReDLuBE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

ReDLuBE

Can i run green lights in the flower room to do maintenance when the lights are out, without light stress?? I have some CFL's that are green, and it just seems like alot of light even tho it is green. I wondering will i get hermies if they are exposed to green light from these CFL's?

W

Webster

I use a green gardening headlamp I purchased at a garden store. It is important that the green light is of the correct spectrum if you want it to "be invisible" to your plants. I am not sure where you got your CFL's, I wouldn't trust anything green that wasn't marketed specifically towards gardening. The headlamp will also save on power.

hiboy

hiboy

Hey brah.
Buy the ones at the hydro stores, even the one that fastenes around your head, (battery)
I've used the ones that are labeled party lamps,, cfl spirals, and learned that they are different than the ones in the hydro stores. I wouldnt chance it, go with the proven ones.
hiboy

S

smokestack23

Hey Hiboy...that was your 420th post. did you win anything??

I have those green cfls in the laundry room next to one of my flower rooms. I wouldn't trust them right in my rooms..the green doesn't seem that consistent on the lamp and like you said...they're pretty bright.

I don't know if I have any light leaks. If I do, I guess the green CFLs work. If I don't have any leaks...I don't know lol.

Point is that I wouldn't run them right in my flower room at lights out. JUST in case.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

^^^what he said^^^ I don't risk anything that'll disrupt their light cycle. What happens if the bulb is the wrong shade of green...? :)

Top Bottom