Green light spectrum for working at dark ?

• Thread starter pitch_black
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pitch_black

Gentleman's

u probably know its possible to work in the dark with green light without interfering with the light cycle.

does it matter what spectrum of green ?
or will any green lamp work?

Thanks

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
After reading a couple of papers on green light and photosynthesis, I won't even consider trying it, let alone try to sort what spectrum of green light.

P

pitch_black

Seamaiden
thank u for your reply
however-i believe your wrong-ive seen it being used ,and heard of top guns using it for years with no problems what so ever.
i remember a product called green eye-but cant find it anymore.
thanks again

B

Blackthumb

I think you can use the greenlights for a certain period of time and i believe the green compact flo's you can buy from homedepot / lowes will do just fine.

I have heard of guys with bigger grows using them but i would leave them on for long periods of time.

Good luck in whatever you choose.
Stop back in and leave your results for others with this same question if you can pitch.

Take care

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Green led christmas lights in the background work great. Yet to find anything that has thrown bananas because of them including known sensitive girls like Chemdog D. I still wouldn't use them close to the plants, just to pay respect to being burned in the past with light leaks or lights on during the dark cycle, but as back lighting they really are perfect for getting in and getting shit done when you need to.

The original green christmas lights create green by pushing incandescent spectrums through a colored lens and I wouldn't trust them at all, far too red at different angles.

Best of luck.

G

Gro

you can order a bulb from a gro store.you can choose the standard screw in bulb or a t-5 style bulb.

E

edux10

plants are green so they absorb every color except green. Green light just bounces off of them. That is why you can use green lights in your room.

N

noone88

Make sure it's green LED's and not those green party CFL bulbs which won't work at all.

Even then, only turn on the LED's when you're working in the room. Recent research has showed that plants still use the green spectrum to some extent, so no reason to risk messing up your crop.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, there is research that shows that green plants do use light in the green portion of the spectrum for photosynthesis, and photosynthesis is what it's about, no? I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm just curious how well the method works with hermi-prone strains. I'd love to be able to work in the room anytime I want, too.

P

pitch_black

Green Eye products:

http://www.horticulturesource.com/g...4546/?osCsid=1ce308055fd12e3885a3b0efa7a0e522

It works

Seamaiden my friend-ive seen green light used with reeferman LP#1 crop-one of the more light sensative strains out there-havent heard of any problems,mind u-that dude was using a simple cheap lamp-no led or CFL-just a regular lamp with green coating
of course-he doesnt leave it on all the time-but when things need to be done...-he said he had it on for hours sometimes...
cheers

S

Sunshinegrower

plants are green so they absorb every color except green. Green light just bounces off of them. That is why you can use green lights in your room.

How does this work? I got purple buds and leaves....

Latest posts

Top Bottom