Green Material to Butter Ratio

• Thread starter The HC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The HC

The HC

The pound of butter I'm using has 11 grams of fat and 7 of them are saturated. If that's relevent.

I used 35 or so grams of leaves and trimmings grounded to powder last time, but that wasn't strong enough. I do think I should have let the mixture go longer on the stove, but for this next bash I'm not only using the 17 grams of "special" trimmings, but I also want to maximize the amount of green material used.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Im guessing your asking about a trim/butter ratio.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Take the leaf of out the equation.
Run trim into hash, it makes rendering the butter easier and your edibles will be even better. Long, low-heat cooking also improves potency, as suggested by BudMuncher- I do 24 hours, but that is just my preference.

I find using hash leaves your edibles tasting like whatever strain you used, where edibles from leaves/buds just end up having a generic plant-like chlorophyl taste.

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

I always fill the biggest pot I have, about 4 gallons, to the top with dried plant material. Then I cover it all with water, bring to a simmer. Then I add 4 pounds of butter and simmer for 8 hours. Then filter through cheese cloth and let set 24hours in the fridge. Scrape butter off and enjoy.

Chili Bu

Chili Bu

just my take on it
this was the first vid I did for my boobtube channel

CalyxSmokr

CalyxSmokr

related question:
How much BHO/oil to butter is a good ratio?
I have about 6 grams of mixed oil ready to add to a recipe but not sure how much to dose. Like maybe how much oil goes in a plate of brownies etc?
I am a lightweight with edibles so maybe give me a conservative estimate if possible. Maybe 2 grams for a plate?
Or maybe just the amount per stick(s) of butter?
tia

Top Bottom