Green sand is the same thing as olivine?

• Thread starter Goblinkiller
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Hello everyone! Any of you using green sand? I am trying to source it locally. Only thing I can find is olivine. Looks very similar but I am not certain. Would appreciate it if any of you know about those things and would bring some clarity to it.

On a side note: good worm bin to have indoors, recommendations?

Thanks for a Great forum full of support

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
theres a nightmare... worms in my house!!! all the girl in me would come out first time i saw wiggling worms inside!!! and im a girl that baits my own hook! but not in my house! laid down that law when my kids were little.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

theres a nightmare... worms in my house!!! all the girl in me would come out first time i saw wiggling worms inside!!! and im a girl that baits my own hook! but not in my house! laid down that law when my kids were little.

I see your point, but are they known to be escape artists? I dont think they will survive outside here. The temps can go 20- celsius or more.

I thought people had enclosed wormbins in temperated zones

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
well, i have no idea about normal upkeep of worms in the cold. my grandfather use to have worm beds, it was great... OUTSIDE!

it is the thought... not the actuality of worms indoors. mice/rats are also on my list. snakes too.

birds. dogs. cats... all ok ive even had frogs and turtles and goats (yes, indoors, sigh... have you had a kid with a kid?), and the occasional rabbit (which i have since put into the rat column!)

so, my grandfather had more the issue of cooking them! he had a tractor run cement mixer he would mix things like egg flats and food and some water, pour the goop onto the bed, and it sort of turned into a coating then decomposed. all that stuff makes heat.

then in the winter he covered it with thick goop and a tarp and i always assumed the worms dove deep because you never saw them till he opened it up again

FATAL

FATAL

Chemical composition of olivine
Chemical-composition-of-olivine.png

Looks like silica magnesium oxide, no K.

Top Bottom