Green Sand

• Thread starter Danoid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Danoid

Danoid

I recently had to restock my bucket of greensand and I noticed that the epsoma brand of greensand was 0-0-.3 and the jersey greensand was 0-0-3. The jersey greensand was about 4 times as expensive. Whats the deal is the higher k worth the exspence. I use Kelp anyway and maxi crop in my teas. Thanks for any input

redman420

redman420

The 0-0-3 is what I have always used in my soil mix.I would spend the extra money and get the good stuff.You get what you pay for.

U

Udyana Peace

I would spend the extra money and get the good stuff.You get what you pay for

I wouldn't

Greensand or Green sand is either a sand or sandstone, which has a greenish color. This term is specifically applied to shallow marine sediment, that contains noticeable quantities of rounded greenish grains.

These grains are called glauconies and consist of a mixture of mixed-layer clay minerals, such as smectite and glauconite mica. Greensand is also loosely applied to any glauconitic sediment.

It's a marine deposit - just like Dolomite Lime, Limestone, Calcite Lime, Oyster Shell Powder.

You wouldn't pay $50.00 for a bag of Limestone when the normal price is $8.00 would you? Just for a label?

Your call.......

UP

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

I wouldn't

It's a marine deposit - just like Dolomite Lime, Limestone, Calcite Lime, Oyster Shell Powder.

You wouldn't pay $50.00 for a bag of Limestone when the normal price is $8.00 would you? Just for a label?

Your call.......

UP

besides, it takes forever for greensand to release it's K
you have kelp available so i would use that and leave the greensand to folks vegetable gardens where it might do some good over the next 200 years

fwiw

U

Udyana Peace

besides, it takes forever for greensand to release it's K

you have kelp available so i would use that and leave the greensand to folks vegetable gardens where it might do some good over the next 200 years

fwiw

Yeah well there is that but sometimes the concept/orientation of 'small steps' is most helpful.

UP

hiheelz ngarden

hiheelz ngarden

I recently had to restock my bucket of greensand and I noticed that the epsoma brand of greensand was 0-0-.3 and the jersey greensand was 0-0-3. The jersey greensand was about 4 times as expensive. Whats the deal is the higher k worth the exspence. I use Kelp anyway and maxi crop in my teas. Thanks for any input

That the one with 0-0-.3 probably has a lot of filler.
The one with 0-0-3 probably is all green sand with no filler.
So that is what you are paying for!
I hope that helps! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom