Greenhouse hydro grow first attempt

• Thread starter Outdoorhydropile
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Outdoorhydropile

Outdoorhydropile

Hey guys! I’ve started a greenhouse hydro grow and I thought it would be cool to do a grow diary. I’ve got a bunch of pics to follow, and I’ll keep posting updated as the season progresses. Questions, comments, suggestions all welcome.
Real quick to get you up to speed, I have 12/68 gallon grow sites fed by a passive ebb and flow system of my design. I’m running cutting edge solutions nutrients full line/ full strength. The system is fed by a 900 gallon reservoir that’s currently at 1200ppm, 70 degrees, 6.3 ph. Girl Scout cookies extreme, gg#4, and Bruce banner. Two of each in hydroton, and 70/30 coco/ pearlite. 🤞🤞
Greenhouse hydro grow first attempt
Greenhouse hydro grow first attempt 3
Greenhouse hydro grow first attempt 4
Greenhouse hydro grow first attempt 5
Greenhouse hydro grow first attempt 6
Greenhouse hydro grow first attempt 7
Greenhouse hydro grow first attempt 8
Greenhouse hydro grow first attempt 9
Greenhouse hydro grow first attempt 10
Greenhouse hydro grow first attempt 11
Greenhouse hydro grow first attempt 13
Greenhouse hydro grow first attempt 14

Greenhouse hydro grow first attempt 2
Greenhouse hydro grow first attempt 12
Greenhouse hydro grow first attempt 15
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

View attachment 1249432
Hey guys! I’ve started a greenhouse hydro grow and I thought it would be cool to do a grow diary. I’ve got a bunch of pics to follow, and I’ll keep posting updated as the season progresses. Questions, comments, suggestions all welcome.
Real quick to get you up to speed, I have 12/68 gallon grow sites fed by a passive ebb and flow system of my design. I’m running cutting edge solutions nutrients full line/ full strength. The system is fed by a 900 gallon reservoir that’s currently at 1200ppm, 70 degrees, 6.3 ph. Girl Scout cookies extreme, gg#4, and Bruce banner. Two of each in hydroton, and 70/30 coco/ pearlite. 🤞🤞View attachment 1249416View attachment 1249418View attachment 1249419View attachment 1249420View attachment 1249421View attachment 1249422View attachment 1249423View attachment 1249424View attachment 1249425View attachment 1249426View attachment 1249428View attachment 1249429
View attachment 1249430
Hell yea you did!!! Im pumped to see this grow. Think its going to be a hellova show in here. Glad you decided on a diary

Outdoorhydropile

Outdoorhydropile

Hell yea you did!!! Im pumped to see this grow. Think its going to be a hellova show in here. Glad you decided on a diary
I’m gonna try to do a walk through video every week or so. I’m super excited to see how it turns out myself! I appreciate all the help so far 🙏

Lpena93

Lpena93

View attachment 1249432
Real quick to get you up to speed, I have 12/68 gallon grow sites fed by a passive ebb and flow system of my design. I’m running cutting edge solutions nutrients full line/ full strength. The system is fed by a 900 gallon reservoir that’s currently at 1200ppm, 70 degrees, 6.3 ph. Girl Scout cookies extreme, gg#4, and Bruce banner. Two of each in hydroton, and 70/30 coco/ pearlite. 🤞🤞View attachment 1249416View attachment 1249418View attachment 1249419View attachment 1249420View attachment 1249421View attachment 1249422View attachment 1249423View attachment 1249424View attachment 1249425View attachment 1249426View attachment 1249428View attachment 1249429
View attachment 1249430
This guy is a big shot!!

steamroller

steamroller

What's your air pump?
You seem pretty prepared but if you are still looking for real air [ LPM/PSI #'s ] quality, and quiet look into Alita's linear pumps.
People use them to run entire fish rooms...
The AL-40 pushes 40 LPM@ 2.18PSI
That is plenty of air with the push to go deep in barrels...
Some how I feel you are well prepared .. 🤔

Outdoorhydropile

Outdoorhydropile

What's your air pump?
You seem pretty prepared but if you are still looking for real air [ LPM/PSI #'s ] quality, and quiet look into Alita's linear pumps.
The only real reason I’m looking into aeration is because I have a small amount of water that is retained at each site between flood cycles.. about 3 or so gallons at each site. So I picked up a 110lmp pump and an adjustable 12 site manifold that I think will more than keep my shat from getting stanky! Lol. My res is nearly 1000 gallons and it flips 5 times+ an hour so fresh fresh! What you think?

Outdoorhydropile

Outdoorhydropile

What's your air pump?
I’ll be looking into those pumps. Thanks for the info! Question? One I’ve had for years actually.. Why is no one using high volume oilless air compressors??

steamroller

steamroller

I’ll be looking into those pumps. Thanks for the info! Question? One I’ve had for years actually.. Why is no one using high volume oilless air compressors??
Possibly electric use and initial cost and noise ?
Besides most HVLP are not made for continuous use.
The Alita AL-40 is only 46 watts. They make much larger but they are not cheap.
LPM is volume , PSI is how deep under water it can push. This matters if your airstone is 36 inches under water ..
Here is where I get my Alitas; https://kensfish.com/collections/alita-air-pumps-1
I am interested in your pump. Best I could find was like a portable compressor[ construction type ] ?
Can you post a link so I see.

Outdoorhydropile

Outdoorhydropile

I love the fact your testing out 2 media choices. Things are looking really good in there. You may have to throw a raise the roof party lol…. Literally
I had planned to run hydroton exclusively but I had a hard time finding it in my area and it was crunch time. The girls in coco/pearlite seem to be happy as hell, and have a little better root system so far.

Top Bottom