Greenleaf Nutrients rock....I dumped AN

• Thread starter Mississip Hip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Well, I feed nutes, tea, water....basically.

I had really good results from using AN Sensi AB and Connie...using AN's feed chart online.

The shit just costs too much. I feel like a chump for the money I spent with AN.

There are several guys here who have progressed to the point of mixing their own nute lines...total elemental profiles and the like....thats where I want to be.

I was having difficulty making the jump because I work alone and dont really discuss this with anyone. I was just plain scared of fucking up my plants because I had too many questions.

Ok....on to Greenleaf. They are dry ferts. What I did look at AN's online feed chart....mixed nutes with leftover AN products I had. This was to determine ppm's/ml .

I then would match the ppm's from AN's feed chart to Greenleaf nutes that I was using. I was happy with AN's feed chart and the way it works. Its cool...or either thats what I cut my teeth on ( for feed charts) so its easy for me to navigate..

Soooo.....If the AN feed chart said 5ml/g...that may be....200 ppm of (whatever).

I would then add the Greenleaf dry ferts and bring the ppm up to the desired level based on what the chart was calling for, for that particular week.

What I found in a side by side was that the Greenleaf OUTPERFORMED the AN...at the SAME PPM....LOL.....

Watered down NPK from AN?....I dont know. I'm not that knowledgable to be able to say. I am relaying the results I observed.

I am trying to write this so its easily understood. I'm from Mississippi....I dont really talk right...lol.

If I left something out, please ask.

On week 8 starting tomorrow....The boo is an 8 weeker...so I am about a 3-4 weeks from a smoke report.

Day 3 veg 004
Weed tea results 006
Weed tea results 005
2 weeks flower the trees 006
Greenleaf nutrients rocki dumped an 5
S

StonerB

Buy them while you can . Advanced has been quite aggressive in the response as far as sending legal forms to get them to stop using the names that are so close. I have no idea about the results of this brand but I have had great runs doing as you stated and basically copy the advanced schedule as far as ratios and ppms but do it with other products that cost WAY less.

dankworth

dankworth

Eat a dick, AN.
http://t1.invalid.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLPJ1xOcZb_QS3gqp8maIxn5DDk3gfPdh8cq-Eq8PYRTaweZbS4A

Really though.
http://t0.invalid.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7oVLIkfJo9DEnwIwmQyTCUafZiMusWly0xi4-yKXtSVmtRClqCg

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Buy them while you can . Advanced has been quite aggressive in the response as far as sending legal forms to get them to stop using the names that are so close. I have no idea about the results of this brand but I have had great runs doing as you stated and basically copy the advanced schedule as far as ratios and ppms but do it with other products that cost WAY less.

Nobody that learns how to grow stays with AN....they have played themselves out.

Too many good alternatives out there these days.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I didn't start with AN, but I definitely started from a place of ignorance. Bought lots of shit I didn't need (like gallons bottles of nutes for a 4x4 6 plant grow). Then as I started to figure things out (thanks farm), I bought all the shit I did need, or at least told myself I needed.

My point being that AN sucks canal water.

outwest

FlyingSkull

FlyingSkull

Hehe...you have to dig the "love" that the mere mention of AN products can bring to a discussion...lol!! They make the bed they must sleep in!!

Anyhow, were you using RO water or tap Mississippi-Hip? And did you supplement with cal/mag or other additives? Tried a few of the products and did not really like them so much and saw lots of ph issues as well as deficiency problems. Ended up tossing them and going back to mixing our own for the most part.

Your plants look pretty rocking there!

Thanks for sharing. Always looking for better options and less expensive ways. I remember a time when peeps used just water...hehe..before Miracle Gro even......if you wanted to get crazy you would add compost tea or something of that nature....talk about simpler days....

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Using tap....which is 6.3 and 20-30 ppm always. I'm lucky.

I used GL's cal mag.

I stopped using AN's feed chart about halfway thru flower.

simply...200 ppm Calmag, 100ish ppm BAlive, 400-1000 ppm base (depending on age)....then go from there with add ons....

deep buddy

deep buddy

anything is better than AN! i would use miracle grow before i would use AN.
mississip hip, you should def try to do your own nute mixing, but if you dont want to i may have a "solution for you.

FlyingSkull

FlyingSkull

Ahhh..maybe it was there copy of cal/mag that might have been the issue then and caused problems. I might should have used a better cal/mag maybe. It seems as if it the greenleaf cal/mag was missing something.....now that I think about it, I think I remember reading at some other sites and around that there was issues with the cal/mag missing some things in it.

That is some excellent tap water for sure!

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I'm running AN right now I have dropped their, Voodoo Juice,Tarantula,Piranha & have started to use
Capulators beneficials from the farm, going to save a tone over using AN bullshit beneficials, but the next move for me is to start to make the switch to the dry nuts, I'm thinking about trying the Greenleaf nuts just going to have t make the switch to something other then AN nuts, maybe haevy 16 next or something.

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

Greenleaf sent me some free samples a while back and all I have used is the grow. It works great! I'm going to use the bloom and Cal-mag on a run of sour that I just started. I was going to use Maxibloom from GH but I assume it is close to the same thing and it was free. Thanks Greenleaf. I think we can do good things together!

Top Bottom