Greenlight at night, safe to use?

• Thread starter Chronic Monster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Can you use 530nm light at night safely?

• It's safe to use a greenlight at night.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Greenlight at night is a one way trip to hermsville.

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

Seen conflicting information, just curious what everyone's experience is using greenlights at night.
If you had a problem with herms, were you running 510-530nm?
Bought this a few years ago and never got around to trying it, currently in week 2 of flower and have some work to do at night, thanks.

Greenlight at night safe to use
3cats

3cats

I'm not voting on either, I've used a green head lamp from time to time but I've heard some talk about them having the potential to cause hermies/ Green light does effect them to some degree, there's even talk about the infra red night camera's having the same potential to cause issues. Its about waking them up I think, I'm no expert. I saw Dr. Bruce Bugby speak on it. Check out Yt for his video's

Grower1974

Grower1974

It's about duration. You can go in with any light to do something quickly if you need to. Keep it under 2-3 min, and you'll be fine.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Safe to use for what? Do you mean for briefly working inside the tent or as an additional grow light?

I've read that green plants use green light; they just don't use as much of it as other wavelengths. So, my guess is that the benefit, if any, wouldn't outweigh the risk.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
It’s the only safe light you can use during lights out. When I was in a tent I always made sure my humidifiers or any other plug in tool was green lights only.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
So I've had no effect with my neighbors lights shining thru my side of my wall... also its actually darker than the pictures make it to be... not green light related hut general darkness related

20230930 195932
20230930 195924
20230930 195914
20230925 183834
Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

I'm not voting on either, I've used a green head lamp from time to time but I've heard some talk about them having the potential to cause hermies/ Green light does effect them to some degree, there's even talk about the infra red night camera's having the same potential to cause issues. Its about waking them up I think, I'm no expert. I saw Dr. Bruce Bugby speak on it. Check out Yt for his video's
That's interesting about the night cameras, I'll check it out.
I'm not sure if there is anything definitive on the matter, I asked some of the AI chatbots which seems to be much more time effective than looking for peer reviewed studies on Google scholar, but they(AI bots) stated the information is conflicting

Top Bottom