Greetings from Africa!

• Thread starter EaZee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
hey man i think your our first member from africa welcome to the farm cant wait to see what you have going on :)

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Welcome! Where in Africa?

outwest

EaZee

EaZee

The most dangerous city in the world!

I live in Johannesburg, South Africa, I'm kinda honoured to be among your first Logic!

I'll start another thread with my attempt.

EaZee

EaZee

Not sure where to put this, Logic?

I grew outdoors for years using the 'Chuck a bagseed into a bucket with soil and just add water' method. I miss those simple days of ignorant bliss...

After moving last year I decided to grow indoors as the house I moved into had 2 perfect rooms that I wasn't going to use, one with a low ceiling for vegging plants and the other with exposed trussing - open to the apex so to speak for flowering plants.

I grew a few bagseed plants to test various methods in an attempt to find what suits me best and got ok results ranging from 30g - 90g per plant in a steady yield increase with LOTS of trial and error. It's been a crazy steep learning curve and I'm about to dive in headfirst, I have an ec/'ppm'tds wand and a quality ph pen on the way - I've been using soil probes for the most part just to check ph is below 7.

In December I finally decided to break open my seed collection from the last couple of years finding little surprise smokes occassionally, seeds from friends, ordered some online and got growing.

I am going organic on the moms with BioBizz and chem for the little guys using GHE FLora and additives. Most of the plants are in 50/50 coco/perlite - everything will be in this mix with the next round of transplants into larger containers. I will be devoting more of the grow to organic as I come across special plants.

The first picture of vegging plants is a crazy mix of revegging mother plants and bonsai moms from before, clones from monstercropped clones, a heavily LST'd mom and some clones from her. From seed, Nurple, Northern Lights#1, Brutal Fruit, some really good bagseed sativas, JackberryF4, some great bagseed indicas and some Fuzzy's indica (from my friend Fuzzy!).

The 2nd shot is of all I have in flowering right now, A nice mix of the best seeds that I had at that time and a couple of clones to test a perpetual grow with that strain. The flowering room is about to go nuts, I've got another 4 of the same 600w HPS units on the way...

Excuse the picture quality, they are taken from a spare phone while my OneX gets replaced, if you can't see them can a mod please help?

Clones - 20wpsf cool blue flouro 24.
20/4 room - 400wMH
12/12 2 x 600w HPS Plantastar.

All control gear Vossloh Schwabe.

http://s1320.beta.invalid.com/user/ ... 6.jpg.html

And

http://s1320.beta.invalid.com/user/ ... e.jpg.html

This is the sativa that I had the first test smoke of this morning, from one plant, fantastic smoke, I'm still toasty...

http://s1320.beta.invalid.com/user/ ... 4.jpg.html

Inexperience and poor genetics showing in the skinny buds...

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
What are the laws like in africa with regard to indoor cannabis?

Welcome to the Farm (what I like to call the FAM)

EaZee

EaZee

Thanks Cap, I'm glad I found this site!

It is a criminal offence to grow or possess marijuana - locally called 'Dagga', the double gg sounds almost like when you're hocking a loogey.

Generally, the first time you get caught you will receive a fine and a suspended sentence, get caught after that again and it's jailtime.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
There are couple other SA's on here on the Farmer but they don't currently live in S. Africa..

Welcome to the farm..

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

Welcome brotha, my aunt was born and raised in south africa, she still goes back 2 to 3 times a year for medical work, and humanitarian work in Gabon, malawi, and mali. And my uncle says there's some nice golf courses too. anyways welcome to the farm and can't wait to see you blow it up. Take it easy

homebrew420

homebrew420

Welcome. Giod to have some exotic diversity, geographically of course, iterested to hear more about the scene there

Peace

EaZee

EaZee

Hi homebrew420 -

Diversity is always a good thing!

The scene here is very underground but super strong, there is world class smoke being grown all over the country...

EaZee

EaZee

Greetings Texas Kid and Ohiofarmer!

We do have some incredible golf courses, Sun City, Leopard Rock, the Wild Coast Sun...

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
hey EaZee just to let you know the pics dont show in your thread as you need to upload the images on thcfarmer

thanks

Top Bottom