Greetings from Coachella Valley California!

• Thread starter Cuda
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cuda

Hello fellow THC Farmers!

My name is Cuda, and I hail from the Coachella Valley, in hot & sunny southern California. I have been lurking around the site for a while now, and I finally decided to register and become a contributor.

I see lots of interesting people come here, and the vibe is pretty cool, so I hope to be an asset to the community as well as learn a few things, and hopefully make some good breeding connections.

I am a medical cannabis patient, and I have been growing my own medicine for a few years. I have collected a great beginners stash of genetics from all over the world, and I am becoming increasingly obsessed with breeding, specifically with the intent of improving and stabilizing superior cannabis genetics.

So drop by my thread and say Hi, and I will be happy to answer any questions any of you have.

Thanks, and I look forward to talking with you all! :sun2:

B

Bud Farmer

Welcome!
I've been thinking of moving around that area!
How is it down there?

G

Gro

what's up cuda,think you came to the right place.

do you have any L.R.strains in your worldly collection?if so what?:evilgrin0040:

Papa

Papa

Supporter
welcome Cuda.

Coachella Valley. god it's hot there.

i'd love to see some pics and hear some of your experience with your Woody Harrelson Kush.

Papa

K

kmk4eva

what up man i'm out in the palm desert area my self its great out here. what kind of genetics you working with?.

C

Cuda

Bud Farmer

It's hot as hell down here! I'm originally from the central coast around the Monterey Bay area, but I moved down near Palm Springs about 7 years ago. I do love it here... Summer sucks, (it was 108 F today) but the rest of the year it is very comfortable and beautiful. Lots of dispensaries and lots of fellow weed worshipers. Most of the people I have met here have been incredibly nice and cool, as a matter of fact I have made the best friends of my life since relocating here. Aside from that, there are killer restaurants, beautiful women, and fun things to do all over the place. It's also no more than a few hours from L.A., San Diego, Mexico, or Phoenix, so it is pretty centrally located among lots of other major cities, without dealing with all the big city problems.

I would say if you are thinking of moving here, you can't go wrong. The job market is a little tough right now, but where isn't it? Where abouts do you hail from?

C

Cuda

G,ro

I think I came to the right place too. That is an excellent question! I don't have any land race strains just yet! However that is definitely on my agenda, in fact I am only interested in either L.R. or stabilized/IBL genetics since I have gotten serious about breeding. My hope is to have a "Noah's Ark" of cannabis seeds that I can use for future crosses/experiments, and the unhybridized L.R.'s make it easy when trying to lock down a certain genotype.

I am a huge Indica freak, so I have been eyeing all of the major seed banks' offerings. So far I have been really interested in the Afghani & Hindu Kush lines, as well as Maple Leaf and strains from Mazar-i-sharif. It only takes a couple bad set of circumstances for some strains to disappear completely off the face of the earth, and I think that would be the biggest tragedy, so while I have the ability to order seeds online and work with other skilled breeders, I really want to jump on it. Most of the seeds I have now are all popular, well known stabilized hybrids from Cali, to Canada to Amsterdam (White Widow, Bubblegum, Da Purps, etc.) but I am shifting my focus back to the originators before attaining anymore crosses. (Mexico, Thailand, Cambodia, Africa, etc.)

How about you? Are you working with any land races?

C

Cuda

Papa

You ain't kidding! It has finally been breaking triple digits during the day, although we were lucky this year and got a longer spring than usual.

So here is my Woody Kush story: About 2-3 years ago, I stopped by my local dispensary to pick up some medicine. They had some Woody Harrelson on the shelf, and as it was the most expensive ticket, I had to check it out. (It also came highly recommended by the bud tender) So I picked up a quad and went on my merry way. When I got home and tested it out I was blown away. The aroma and taste was SO sweet and yummy, I couldn't put the stuff down. I literally smoked it all over the next two days. The high was an awesomely powerful stone, and I felt goooooood. I had to have more, so I borrowed some money and went back to grab as much of it as I could. I bought out the last couple of 8th jars they had, and out of those jars, I found 2 seeds tucked deep inside 2 seperate buds. Due to the fact there were only two, I am assuming that the mom was accidentally selfed. (As opposed to accidental pollination, which would have resulted in many more seeds). Well, I hung on to those seeds for quite a while before germinating them (back then I was having a gnarley issue with my original HydroHut off-gassing chlorine from an unstable plastic in the canvas, and I would lose everything that got put in there).

So I popped them both a few months ago, and ended up with two females. Out of the two females, I ended up with two very different phenos. The first pheno I originally thought to be a male, because she was very tall and lanky and had quite a bit of spacing between the nodes. The other pheno has your typical Indica structure. I threw the tall pheno outside to start flowering, and the buds have a very strong lemon smell and flavor so I'm guessing it is more on the Master Kush side of the house. The other pheno however has an identical smell & taste to the OG Kush, but with a hint of citrus in the aftertaste. I have smoked close to probably every different cut/version of the OG, Master, and Hindu, and in my opinion, my second Woody pheno is worthy of competing with all of the private reserve Kush that is sold for top dollar.

I am really only interested in my OG pheno, and it clones easy, grows fast, and is very aromatic. You can't really ask for more in a strain.

Below are a couple of pics of my original two seeds. Unfortunately I don't have any budding pics of my second OG type pheno, but hopefully I will have some in a few weeks.

C

Cuda

What up man? PD huh? We are practically neighbors. :passingjoint:

Right now I have Bubba Kush, White Widow, Bubblegum, Grape Ice & Headband. Plus a variety of other misc. strains in a seed collection. All of my strains have come from dispensaries in L.A. or San Diego, with the exception of the Bubblegum which is from THSeeds.

How bout you? What are you working with?

illicit1

illicit1

hey there cuda hows it going i was wondering have you made any of your own strains yet and do you sell the seeds at all

Papa

Papa

Supporter
Unfortunately I don't have any budding pics of my second OG type pheno, but hopefully I will have some in a few weeks.

thanks Cuda! 'looking seriously sweet! i'm envious and will be looking for those pics!

Papa

S

sdstoner

Bud Farmer

It's hot as hell down here! I'm originally from the central coast around the Monterey Bay area, but I moved down near Palm Springs about 7 years ago. I do love it here... Summer sucks, (it was 108 F today) but the rest of the year it is very comfortable and beautiful.

welcome, I am new here but too moved to socal from bay area cen cal. still visit and love my roots in nor cencal but SD is my love for now. surf all year round!

I hope this site is cool, I am a member at others i like too just like to change it up every once in awhile, post, ask, read and see pics. post em up and have fun! (i posted a pic of my rare strain see it at my intro!

i am blastin tunes now and noticing cool avatars--> :bong-hits:

later

B

brosgreenthumb

hey whats up cuda im growing white widow from nirvana and im like 2hrs south of you and its dam hot here too. i will be poping in and out to check out your grows im fairly new have a 400 watt hps grow later.

B

Bud Farmer

Bud Farmer

Where abouts do you hail from?

I'm in the Central Valley now! We have family in OC and they want us to move closer! I can feel the heat you speak of!! But it was a beautiful spring!
Good to meet you Brother!

hey there cuda hows it going i was wondering have you made any of your own strains yet and do you sell the seeds at all

Nice first post!
Welcome to the Farm!:rofl

Top Bottom