Greetings From Ontario

• Thread starter Atthecottage
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Atthecottage

Hi everybody,
Ive been following on here for quite a while and finally broke down and got an acoount so i chat it up....

Im in ontario canada and im so excited for legal cannabis but what do we have to look forward to?
Like many of you i am an old school toker and if i cant grow my own here legally im gonna be pissed off at myself for voting for trudeau. Pretty sure he won the election solely on his promise to legalize.
I have a feeling that it wont be legal here if the govt cant get a piece....

Id love to hear peoples thought on what they think is going to happen up here.

Ed

indicabush

indicabush

Howdy and welcome to the Farm.

I have been watching the Canadian process and there will be regulations for sure. The old school regime will make sure of that. RCMP policies haven't changed as of yet for rural Canada; as for Vancouver and Ontario well I understand that it's pretty much legal.

A

Atthecottage

I dont think the cops are bothering too much with charging people cause they know it will just drag through the courts and eventually get thrown out anyway but I understand that the RCMP are still raiding dispensaries all across the country

S

sweetolmaryjane

I herd that marijuana is going to be legal, and sold in vending machines like they do in BC. however at about 500$ and ounce. dunno if you can grow or not its hard to say. you cant grow tobacco, but you can make your own beer. I will be interested to see what happens there. I am trying to get cleared to grow FOR the government tho.

A

Atthecottage

Our new prime minister has promised to regulate and tax cannabis.
I have a few friends that are in the old medical system known as mmar. They are mostly convinced that the new legal system will be mail order only.
It's going to be tough for the govt to bring in a legal regulated system with the intention of taking the black market out of business and keeping out of the hands of our children.
I can tell you with absolute certainty that if an ounce of good bud is $500 nobody will be purchasing from any legal vendors and the black market will be stronger than ever.
Imo if they want a legal system to work they have to let us grown our own and have store fronts with variety and competitive pricing or we will back to prohibition in no time and the liberals are going to look foolish

A

Atthecottage

Thanks for the greetings everybody. Good to be on here.

A

Atthecottage

Can someone clarify for me the laws in Washington DC? From what I understand it is only legal to grow your own and give it away. Am I wrong?

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

Decriminalize is something that can happen immediately compared to full low. Legalization. Let's stop persecuting growers and smokers until the government figures it out.

A

Atthecottage

Decriminalize is something that can happen immediately compared to full low. Legalization. Let's stop persecuting growers and smokers until the government figures it out.
I have to agree with the decriminalization thing.
It's not the answer but a good interim solution until legalization can be worked out.

S

sweetolmaryjane

Our new prime minister has promised to regulate and tax cannabis.
I have a few friends that are in the old medical system known as mmar. They are mostly convinced that the new legal system will be mail order only.
It's going to be tough for the govt to bring in a legal regulated system with the intention of taking the black market out of business and keeping out of the hands of our children.
I can tell you with absolute certainty that if an ounce of good bud is $500 nobody will be purchasing from any legal vendors and the black market will be stronger than ever.
Imo if they want a legal system to work they have to let us grown our own and have store fronts with variety and competitive pricing or we will back to prohibition in no time and the liberals are going to look foolish

The have been paying that much in Vancouver for a while now. Trudeau says he wants the same system. Vending machines in every city

A

Atthecottage

The have been paying that much in Vancouver for a while now. Trudeau says he wants the same system. Vending machines in every city
Really?? I don't see how people can pay that much. I'm getting organic Kush all day for 180 a zip. Grown locally by a buddy. If legal weed is that expensive then call me a criminal cause I won't be buying anything from the govt

Top Bottom