Greetings From Texas!

• Thread starter MJ Refugee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MJ Refugee

Just found this site and it is great to meet y'all.

I am a 90% Disabled Veteran in Texas. We are planning to move to CO in the next year for Medicinal and I was hoping for some help. The VA has me on a cocktail of painkillers/anti-depressants/steroids/muscle relaxers and I am f'ing sick of being on them. I can't eat, sleep, or even function some days. If I smoke a joint, the pain is manageable, I can eat, I can sleep, and I can play with my 3 kids all 5 and under.

We have been looking at CO Springs mainly because of UCCS. My wife and I want to finish our degrees. I read a thread on here that said to avoid that place because of Police and crime.

So please help us out. We need a kid friendly area for them and 420 friendly for me. If anyone knows a Property Management company that can help us it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance and ONWARD THROUGH THE FOG!

Last edited:
3N1GM4

3N1GM4

@chickenman might be able to point you towards a good town that is mmj friendly and quiet

Welcome to the farm

M

MJ Refugee

@chickenman might be able to point you towards a good town that is mmj friendly and quiet

Welcome to the farm

Thanks for the reply. That would be great! Here we hear it is like the Wild West for MJ laws but reading up on it, there are A LOT of "oh by the way" type restrictions it seems. We are home owners and I can understand people being afraid of the DOJ coming down on CO in the form of property seizure, mold, electrical fires, but there has to be people out there that are cool with it.

M

MJ Refugee

Anyone one else have any suggestions? What about Fountain?

scoop

scoop

I'm pretty sure "seizures" are a thing of the past here unless the Feds are involved. The biggest change here, other than retail shops, is that every property owner can allow/disallow >any< cannabis use on their property if they so choose to do so. Just be aware that any property management company who has "grow friendly" rentals listed or touts they can hook you up with a place to grow will charge a premium for those rentals. (and will then know what you are doing)

My best advice......Keep it personal and on the down low. It's "legal"...... but the fact is very few folks wanna SEE IT, HEAR ABOUT IT, or SMELL IT. Get your Med card and hole away.....making it appear you don't even smoke the stuff.... and all will be well.

Secondly....get your finances in order. CO will likely be far more expensive than Texas.

M

MJ Refugee

I'm pretty sure "seizures" are a thing of the past here unless the Feds are involved. The biggest change here, other than retail shops, is that every property owner can allow/disallow >any< cannabis use on their property if they so choose to do so. Just be aware that any property management company who has "grow friendly" rentals listed or touts they can hook you up with a place to grow will charge a premium for those rentals. (and will then know what you are doing)

My best advice......Keep it personal and on the down low. It's "legal"...... but the fact is very few folks wanna SEE IT, HEAR ABOUT IT, or SMELL IT. Get your Med card and hole away.....making it appear you don't even smoke the stuff.... and all will be well.

Secondly....get your finances in order. CO will likely be far more expensive than Texas.

Thanks for the advice, truly appreciate it.

We found out yesterday that our credit may be good enough to buy. We could sell our house here in Austin and hopefully go right into another house. That would be ideal and that is the plan going forward.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
PM me if interested in rural lifestyle in a very affordable area. Actually friend has place on market, may see 5 or so cars in an hour on road, nobody will bother you unless you need help then everyone rallies.
Think he is asking 280k, lots of upgrades, solar powered, thinking 20 acres.pasture, garden, greenhouse 4 bdrm option for more land as well. views 100 miles to south surrounded by mountains and vallies.
Hell I may buy myself..Not got my slice right here.......

M

MJ Refugee

PM me if interested in rural lifestyle in a very affordable area. Actually friend has place on market, may see 5 or so cars in an hour on road, nobody will bother you unless you need help then everyone rallies.
Think he is asking 280k, lots of upgrades, solar powered, thinking 20 acres.pasture, garden, greenhouse 4 bdrm option for more land as well. views 100 miles to south surrounded by mountains and vallies.
Hell I may buy myself..Not got my slice right here.......

Thanks brother, I'll hit you up.

N

Nomadic

Nice, Austin here. I grew up in Odessa, moved out as fast as possible at 18 lol.

I grew up in Odessa as well...sucked raw animal eggs and smelled that way too! Left at 17, lived in Austin as well. Moving back to Oregon or NorCal this summer. I'm Nomadic, what can I say!

M

MJ Refugee

I grew up in Odessa as well...sucked raw animal eggs and smelled that way too! Left at 17, lived in Austin as well. Moving back to Oregon or NorCal this summer. I'm Nomadic, what can I say!

That is the smell of money! Always hated that because no, it is the smell of sulphur and rotten oil lol. I graduated OHS in 94.

Latest posts

Top Bottom