Greetings! Glad to make your aquaintance!

• Thread starter J.dub
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J.dub

J.dub

After much debate on whether to join a forum after years of absence on forums of all types, I've decided to join the Farm, and am real glad to be here!

About me;
I used to grow in organic soil stealth/indoors in Chicago for years in the 00's. I went through various known euro strains, as well as genetics from the more common seedbanks, before landing on Subcool's gear, and getting to know him a little on GP and RIU, which were the 2 forums I was most active on "back in the day." After finding a few phenos of his Vortex that I really liked, I had my entire 1/BR apt dedicated to growing, with a tent for veg, and a clone area in the kitchen, hehe. I was starting to get interested in learning the art of breeding my own strains, but never quite got that far -- what started as a passion had grown into a farm, and with it came some unsavory "friends of friends," and after 1 REALLY close call, and taking a big boy job that gave random drug testing and took all my time, I had to hang it up indefinitely.

Fast forward to now, and I'm a thru-hiking vegan vagabond living in CO, and I'm up to my old tricks again; my current landlord/roommate smokes trees with me on occasion, and let me grow some outdoor in my garden out back, and I got the bug again. I currently have 3 ILGM Maui Wowie going in 10 gallon fabric pots of a homemade vegan compost/living soil mix, and they're BEASTS. I'm thinking that if I provide my landlord with the Kind for free, he may let me bring the party inside for the snowy winter, and use some of the grow stuff I've been carrying around all these years.

I really like learning about this plant, and I honestly enjoy caring after it as much as I do using its medicine, which is saying something. I really enjoy using various techniques to train the plants, and feeding the soil to let nature do what it do on the intimate level that home-growing allows. I specifically have taken a shine to growing outdoors, as I always knew that the yield, as well as terp and pheno expressions from proper sun-grown, are where it's at.

I have questions about particular breeders and genetics and such, which I will post in the proper place after utilizing the search function, lolll. Lookin' forward to shared passion. Thank you!

OGgrower420

OGgrower420

Welcome and glad to meet you. Glad you dumped the "big boy job!)
Nice intro, to the forumšŸ‘šŸ˜Ž

J.dub

J.dub

Thanks, y'all! And I would like to find a local breeder, but I'm not really connected like that atm, due to my gypsy nature. I'm still researching some cultivars from a few breeders that I can get beans from online, but I have something pretty specific in mind for when I go back to growing indoor this fall. I'll be posting a thread about it likely.

JerzeyMike

JerzeyMike

Welcome back! I am into living soil as well. Im on my second run with my homemade mix, and so far its going well. I am only allowed five plants at a time, so I am going to go with big pots. Right now I have three in 40s and one in a twenty gal. Once i start flowering, ill cut some clones for number five.

J.dub

J.dub

Thanks! I assume these will be finishing indoors? Smart move to go with bigger pots for plant count -- it's also an essential part of the living soil method to have a large enough final container to avoid needing supplemental nute feedings at a crucial time into flower. I just started some seeds for my little indoor tent grow, and I'll be keeping the plants small, depending on how many females I end up with. Thanks for the welcoming!

Latest posts

Top Bottom