Greetings!

• Thread starter Sullimo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sullimo

Hi all!

I'm starting my first time indoor medical grow - I've ran a few outdoor grows so far with great yields of massive, quality buds and have always been interested to see what could be accomplished indoors with more precise controls.

My focus is on common sense organics - my push is towards "veganics" but I don't completely remove all animal or non-plant products. The goal is to get a good blend and range of nutrients and sources of those nutrients in my mix.

Currently I am using Happy Frog soil by Fox Farms as a base, since it contains mycorrizhae already and amended that base with a host of organic ingredients (pelletized humic acid, azomite, dolomite lime, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, cottonseed meal, greensand, bat guano, etc.). This combo is what I use outdoors... so I'm sticking to what I'm familiar with for my first run. Plants live off the soil for the first two weeks while I establish the root system, basically getting watered/foliar fed with diluted supplement solutions (Superthrive, Hygrozyme, Unsulphured Black Strap Molasses, Honey, a liquid kelp solution and a CalMg+ solution... not all at once, I alternate everything). I'm hoping the Hygrozyme will make the ingredients available to my plants faster than if they just cooked down normally, since my time is limited. Regardless, I'll recycle this soil into my garden in the spring, so it won't be wasted.

I got a little carried away as I'm used to the nutrient requirements outdoors, so I overfed my ladies to start and got a bit of nutrient lockup I believe, which I'm correcting with diluted worm tea so they get some nutrients but mostly just cleaning up the residue. No burn or anything, but a bit of yellowing on the leaves which I am confident is not a lack of any nutrient. Once I'm feeling positive, I'll resume feeding with General Organics liquid Bloom and Bud solutions and my supplements above.

My space is limited, so I am running 3 plants under a 400w Sunburst hood with a Hortilux Super HPS bulb. The hood has a glass lens and is vented to keep it cool... again, space is quite small, so temp is higher than optimal at 82 degrees, but I'm trying to keep this system passive and not add any forced cooling like an AC unit to spike my electric bill. There is a vertical oscillating fan in one corner, and a 6" high speed fan on the other side for strong air flow. Humidity stays at around 30-40%, but it climbs at night when the light is off to around 70-80%. Once buds start forming I'll run my fans at night too, which I was doing previously but the ladies were drying out at <20% humidity and getting curled leaf fringes.

I'm currently in the process of flowering my ladies - they've been on their 12/12 regimen for just under 5 days. My set up is 1x Harlequin, 1x OGiesel, and 1x Blackwater. I'm not sure of the Harlequin, but I believe OGiesel is an OG Kush X Diesel cross and Blackwater is an OG mixed with a purple, which the collective says produces some really deep purple/black nugs... I'm intrigued.

If all goes well, I just picked up a set of OGR Fire OG Bx beans which I'll pop in search of the bomb pheno and slowly acclimate that strain to my area over a few indoor/outdoor grows.

I'm here to learn and share as I go - thanks for having me; I look forward to getting to know the community and absorbing all of the info from the amazing farmers here!

Best,
Sullimo:cool0041:

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
howdy and welcome - good luck with the grow - Ill be looking for your journal

peace

S

Sullimo

Thanks - I'm excited to share with everyone! I have just submitted the beginnings of my journal. If all goes well, I'll hopefully be sharing the results of these OG Fire Bx beans soon too, wish me luck!

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Welcome

Glad to have you, sounds like you've got some winners there. Take care

mal

Top Bottom