Grendel and BBWXCL Smoke Report.

• Thread starter nurlord
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nurlord

nurlord

Blackberry Widow X Crystal Locomotive.

This was a cross I acquired from Mota. I believe he acquired these seeds from an associate of his.

I will point out that Jojorizo’s Trainwreck is one of my favourite smokes of all time so I hold all Trainwreck crosses to a high standard. Jojo’s S1 made it nearly impossible for me to Parallel Park a motorcycle….good shit.

Flowering time was 8 to 9 weeks. I actually let most of these go 10 weeks just because that’s when most everything else I had going was coming down.

This is a pleasant enough smoke but in my opinion they all took after the Aloha White Widow genetics. If I remember right both Crystal Locomotive and Blackberry Widow have Aloha White Widow genetics. Depending on the generation of CL that was used this cross is maybe 25% Trainwreck, 25% Black Russian(or is that Blackberry?) and 50% AWW. AWW is very tasty and can yield really well; one of the most impressive yields I’ve ever seen came off an AWW. Thing grew like an imbecile too, but the high isn’t really strong enough to be my cup of tea. To make matters a little worse is the stronger phenos inherited the Trainwreck’s floppy stems but they stretch a lot more than Trainwreck. Like 3 to 4 times stretch on the phenol I speak off. It does yield better than the other phenos though.

Unfortunately what I got wasn’t really as good as any of the component genetics because it wasn’t as tasty as the AWW either.

I will say this plant grew very easily and quickly and wasn’t fussy at all.

Grendel.

Grendel on the other hand is something a lot more special. Absolutely the most hashy smelling plant I’ve ever come across. I’ve had hashy smelling Northern Lights plants before and of course some hasy smelling Hash plants, but I’ve never experienced a living plant that smells so much like full on hash. It smells like a ball of hash gum while growing, very strongly so. A very unique trait, and once you put it in jars it smells like hash and glue. I wanted to stick dried buds of this weed on my nipples and run otherwise naked through an Indian forest, all the while my penis being tickled by the dandelions and other low laying forms of vegetation.

The best pheno gets an electric purple tint throughout the bud and smells like hash and glue while still growing. The other phenos don’t get the glue after stink until being jarred. Even though it was labelled on the table I wondered if I had mislabelled a pheno of the Blackberry Widow to Crystal Loco. I just wasn’t expecting any colour at all.

While the other phenos had a great hashy taste to them the purple one tastes a lot like the Purple Kush that was making its way out of B.C and across Canada back in 2007/08. Just with a strong hash component to it.

The smoke was thick and smooth on inhale. Slight lung expansion on exhale, that might have faded with curing but I can’t remember.

I’d say the high is a solid 7 to 8 out of 10. I personally thought it had a surprising amount of head to compliment the body but most people didn’t agree with me and though it was a heavy body stone.

It was a slightly above average yielder and I thought it was a slow vegger but it may just have seemed that way because the BWXCL vegged so much faster.

~nurlord.

dlovejah

dlovejah

Thankyou sir for the smokereport.. Now my Grendel taste like glue a little bit... weird.. Im not running naked though the penis and dandelion thing though.. :party0042:.. cheers mate lol.. peace d.:very_first_smiley:

tojocam

tojocam

Great report there man iv also ran mota's grendel and the smoke was great but im also with dlovejah on the cock and dandelion thing lol.

K

keyplay

Hello, Maybe the BBw x CL came from me me since I was involved in a breeding project for Jojo and gave Mota some of these beans after Jojo passed. There were 3 BBWs I worked with and they all were kind of light on potency, but the potential of these girls was there-smell, taste, color, growth, and yield. The Crystal locomotive male was a sneaky little bastard who developed and shot his wad within 3 weeks of being in an outdoor garden. He was a stout plant with indica characteristics. Because these were F1s, I could have recommended popping a bunch like at least 20 and then narrowing it down to a few keepers. I had no problem with the potency of any of these, but yield, various physical characteristics, and bud mass or density made finding something I wanted to keep difficult.
Later, I simply found a nice male from the project and hit a BBW with some pollen and I 've found some pretty decent offspring from working with this format. Actually, I shared a cut from one of these crosses I called, "Sour Lemon" cause she was sweet fuel and stinky and looked very similar to Bog's Sour Bubble. She's out there someplace being ran by someone

S

strainman

Premium Member
Supporter
The Grendel is def fire, this makes me wanna grow some!

S

shdowlkr

Very nice smoke report. I have a Grendel, just went into flower, my my what a stinky lady. Hope she smells as good after the chop!

Jack_Baybeh

Jack_Baybeh

Nice report. I could kick my own ass for not picking up some of JOJO's CrystalLocomotive back in the day. Tried a few times but was outbid on CBay. Should have been more persistent. Another good one I let slip.

nurlord

nurlord

Hello, Maybe the BBw x CL came from me me since I was involved in a breeding project for Jojo and gave Mota some of these beans after Jojo passed. There were 3 BBWs I worked with and they all were kind of light on potency, but the potential of these girls was there-smell, taste, color, growth, and yield. The Crystal locomotive male was a sneaky little bastard who developed and shot his wad within 3 weeks of being in an outdoor garden. He was a stout plant with indica characteristics. Because these were F1s, I could have recommended popping a bunch like at least 20 and then narrowing it down to a few keepers. I had no problem with the potency of any of these, but yield, various physical characteristics, and bud mass or density made finding something I wanted to keep difficult.
Later, I simply found a nice male from the project and hit a BBW with some pollen and I 've found some pretty decent offspring from working with this format. Actually, I shared a cut from one of these crosses I called, "Sour Lemon" cause she was sweet fuel and stinky and looked very similar to Bog's Sour Bubble. She's out there someplace being ran by someone

Good info Keyplay. That's how it goes sometimes with hybrids I got several phenos. Most were AWW dom in potency though, but yeah I can see the potential you speak of.

nurlord

nurlord

Nice report. I could kick my own ass for not picking up some of JOJO's CrystalLocomotive back in the day. Tried a few times but was outbid on CBay. Should have been more persistent. Another good one I let slip.

Jojo's CL was cool I enjoyed the first cross more than the BX. The first cross had a pheno that was 80% Trainwreck in all aspects but had stouter stems and a fruitier taste.

Top Bottom