Grendel

• Thread starter Kriya
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kriya

Here is a recent Grendel shot.. wonnderful work!

Grendelpheno1untrimmed

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Love mota's stuff, and well done on the growing of that monster. I've got a bunch of his seeds to go thru but never was able to get the Grendel seeds, you are a fortunate individual. Hope all is well with you and yours

mal

slausongardens

slausongardens

seems like the grendel is a favorite of motas work. amongst many others but i always see this one getting a lot of love.. wish i could have gotten these beans whenever they were around.. prolly a lost jewel.. maybe ill get a hybrid one day or a cut..

hope to see more pics in here...

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Love mota's stuff

mal

seems like the grendel is a favorite of motas work. amongst many others but i always see this one getting a lot of love.. wish i could have gotten these beans whenever they were around.. prolly a lost jewel.. maybe ill get a hybrid one day or a cut..

hope to see more pics in here...

I agree 100% with both. Nice work Kriya! Positive vibes...

~nugzz

K

Kriya

Thanks all.... I feel very fortunate indeed. I have been blessed with many amazing strains throughout my life starting with something called the TC out of Indy, and then onto strains like Trinity (Elephant Killer), Lamb's Bread (breath), Eugene TW, Arcata Trainwreck, Purps, GDP, Urkle, Gaberville Pk..blah blah blah.... and I have to say mota's Grendel is right up there with some of the best.

I chose a pheno that I believe leans hard towards the g13/hp, all the other phenos smell of blueberry muffin (except one that was very Sativa in its growth and smelt like pure blueberry FUNK, I culled it only because I work with other strains and only have so much room!!) but this one is sour skunky and so flippin strong even cut at 65 days...

I have also grown out the Oguana Kush, and ended up using a stellar male in a breeding project with a cross done by Woodhorse: Arcata Trainwreck x Legends Ultimate Indica ( worked to the Ortega pheno)... created some really funky polyhybrid meds...a real spectrum of flavors.

I intend on growing out some Double Koosh and POW as well. Have thought about possibly dropping some Fugu or Redneck too.... SO many good ones LOL...

Mota, of your still available genetics I am curious as to your personal "favorite" currently... ??

Ones that I do have inline is his recent Chocolate Diesel x UBC chemo.. sounds stellar, and next seeds I pop will be those. I am doing a small seed popping currently of some other genetics, one being the elusive Sourbubble #3 x Sourbubble #4.. I look forward to these as I grew this strain out from seed when living in Oakland and absolutley loved it... had a flavor all its own. Anywho , sorry for the rambling I had just sampled a new pheno of the Grendel mixed with a semi local creation that I am calling the Blooming Cabernet (Sweet Tooth x Unkown Purple funk)... I'll post a pic if peops want to see it, pretty stuff.. not enough kick...usually mix it with grendel ...lol..

Keep growing, stay safe

aum shanti

Kriya

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

I know that you are looking for Mota's personal opinion, but I grew Fugu Kush and Redneck Koosh. They were both great medicine. I still have jars of both. Good luck with your search. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

K

Kriya

Hey Nugzz,

WOuld love to hear your opinion on flavor, type of high , potency etc... on both..

Also, which was your favorite of the two, if you HAD to choose..

Thanks brotha,

aum shanti

Kriya

Reactions: mal
stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Now that is definitely a tough one. Both are pretty potent medz IMHO. Fugu Kush always seems to have a strange fishy type of taste, I am guessing from the Blowfish, with the flavor being described as Frankincense. That might make it sound weird, but trust me, it is not a bad taste at all. It is actually quite a unique smoke. Redneck Koosh is a beautiful blend of Pre '98 Bubba x G-13/HP. The G-13/HP brings a wonderful citrus type flavor to this cross, as it does in every G-13/HP cross that I have tried. As for type of high; they are both heavy hitting indicas for the most part, I believe, and really provide me with unbelievable pain relief and stress relief medicine. As for which one I would choose, if I had to choose; let's just say I hope that I never have to choose lol. Seriously, I am still trying to decide which one will be in my lineup this season. It may very well have to be both again. Either way that you go, you will not be disappointed. Both are pretty slow vegging on account of the Pre '98 Bubba, so top and train as necessary for better structure. I hope that this helps you in your decision. I apologize that I am not too good at smoke reports. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

K

Kriya

Thanks fellas, I think I will do a run with both when I can, this fall should work.. I currently am running Grendel (3 phenos), Gheese (Barefrog's work, this guy is an awesome breeder.. Pacific G13 x UK CHeese) (2 phenos, had 3 culled one), Concord Grape , Bubba x Master F2 (towards Bubba)..

just put down a sourbubble #3 x sb#4; and a Khatsu Bubba x Dna Afghani... so we will see when I have a lil room..

curious as to what you guyz are working currently??

Kriya

K

Kriya

THought I would throw up a few of the most recent... This is pheno #1 and Pheno #2... One is pictured solo above and is very sour sweet skunky funky, no blueberry at all.. Pheno #2 is like pure blueberry muffin hash, don't know how else to describe its smell.. pure narcotic blueberry funk...

Pheno 1 high is all body and is very strong and has EXCELLENT pain relief qualities.. and will put you OUT!

Pheno 2 is a nice mix of body and head and is very very stoney... my current daytime all day trippy but still get stuff done delicious smoke...

(I am also smoking my concord grape and 2 phenos of Barefrog's Gheese , this stuff is funky as hell and rocks..(Uk Cheese x Pacific G13?? ))

ANywho the photos below are a comparison between pheno 1 &2 of GRENDEL .... still looking for my stud to make f'2s , so far everything has been girls.. 4/5 keepers to boot...

DSC00450
DSC00451
DSC00452
DSC00453
DSC00454
DSC00455
DSC00456
K

Kriya

Here is a pic of Pheno #3 still going strong... it displayed large dense colas, unlike phenos 1 & 2 which had medium sized nicely dense (see above) buds.. I am guessing one structure is the g13/hp , one the triple proof BM.... interesting to see the different expressions.. even the nuance in smell varies greatly (Pheno 2 -4 have blueberry funk bubblegum hash nasty goodness, pheno 1 more sweet sour skunky kinda smell.. not really skunk..ie smells nothing like the UK cheese.. ) anywho.. on with the show!

DSC00458
K

Kriya

For the record the pics are at day 60, will let them go another 5-10 depending on trichs...

All plants are trained (not topped) to grow bush style with multiple shoots all at the same level.. there are literally four or five large colas like pictured above and a slew of smaller buds underneath... (obviously bare branches below this where I pruned the shite out of em..

Anywho...

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Kriya, those bud shots all look delicious. Right know I'm working on some Cabin Fever Blueberry and a Nevilles haze X and some bag seed trainwreck and I just got a couple packs of golden lion(Crystal Ships and Salmon Berries) put between a couple of paper towels. That Grendel looks and sounds amazing, and I love the name as well. I hope all is well with you and yours

mal

Top Bottom