Grey-Beard's Bounty - Treasures from the Cannabis Cave

• Thread starter ChRonic73
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ChRonic73

ChRonic73

So here it goes..
After thinking about this for a couple of years I have decided to start growing my own medicine. It's finally legal here in Communist Canadastan so I don't have to worry about The Law kicking in my door for the electric lettuce lol.

I've been piecing together a setup for a bit and my seeds just came today.. the final piece to getting started..

Imma gunna take it slow to start.. just two auto's in 5 gallon pots.. Ordered my seeds from Ministry of Cannabis so I'm going to start with one of their freebies ( they sent be 5 free seeds) Auto Pilot 1.0
and 1 CBD Light.
For Future grows I have God's Glue (photo) and White Amnesia(Photo) CBD Star (Auto),all from MoC, and some Durban Poison seeds I have held onto for about 30 years ( if they are still viable)

Anyone is welcome to come along on this journey and this Grow Diary is an open forum so feel free to comment. Constructive criticism is welcomed...just don't be a dick about it lol

Peace, Love and good vibes y'all

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
So here it goes..
After thinking about this for a couple of years I have decided to start growing my own medicine. It's finally legal here in Communist Canadastan so I don't have to worry about The Law kicking in my door for the electric lettuce lol.

I've been piecing together a setup for a bit and my seeds just came today.. the final piece to getting started..

Imma gunna take it slow to start.. just two auto's in 5 gallon pots.. Ordered my seeds from Ministry of Cannabis so I'm going to start with one of their freebies ( they sent be 5 free seeds) Auto Pilot 1.0
and 1 CBD Light.
For Future grows I have God's Glue (photo) and White Amnesia(Photo) CBD Star (Auto),all from MoC, and some Durban Poison seeds I have held onto for about 30 years ( if they are still viable)

Anyone is welcome to come along on this journey and this Grow Diary is an open forum so feel free to comment. Constructive criticism is welcomed...just don't be a dick about it lol

Peace, Love and good vibes y'all

Welcome to The Farm! 🥂 😎

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Good luck! How do you plan to start the seeds? I recommend germinating and then using jiffy pellets. They are insanely easy and give seedlings a good start. Also easy to see the root development. From there you can transfer to soil, coco, or whatever. Not really the best for hydro.

ChRonic73

ChRonic73

Good luck! How do you plan to start the seeds? I recommend germinating and then using jiffy pellets. They are insanely easy and give seedlings a good start. Also easy to see the root development. From there you can transfer to soil, coco, or whatever. Not really the best for hydro.

I'm going to try and get some pictures up soon, and I may adjust things as I get feed back here.. but here is my general direction at this point.

SOIL
100 Gallons of super soil.. I used all the big hitters..
AMENDMENTS
  • Gaia Green 4-4-4
  • Green Sand
  • Rock Dust
  • Mycorrhizae
  • Worm Castings. (From our worm bin)
  • Dolomite Lime
Also used about 30lbs of Lava Rocks. Had to smash the pieces up a bit, but I did not want to use perlite as I am intending to reuse this living living soil.
I will be growing clover and peas (cover crops) in the unused soil while I am learning in the 5 gallon pots.

SETUP
Two 5 Gallon Pots in a 4x4 Tent
Germinate under 60w Blurple Led
Veg under 2 1800 watt Full-spectrum LED
Bloom 2x 1800 watt LED (Bloom Setting) plus 315 watt CMH

SEEDS
1 Auto Pilot 1.0 Feminized ( Autoflower)
1 CBD Star Feminized (Autoflower)

I was intending on germinating directly in the 5 gallon pots as I have read that transplanting autos can be done its just not as productive. Does that sound about right?

Thanks Milson!. I am enjoying your input over a sshz's orange-gasm thread aswell

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I'm going to try and get some pictures up soon, and I may adjust things as I get feed back here.. but here is my general direction at this point.

SOIL
100 Gallons of super soil.. I used all the big hitters..
AMENDMENTS
  • Gaia Green 4-4-4
  • Green Sand
  • Rock Dust
  • Mycorrhizae
  • Worm Castings. (From our worm bin)
  • Dolomite Lime
Also used about 30lbs of Lava Rocks. Had to smash the pieces up a bit, but I did not want to use perlite as I am intending to reuse this living living soil.
I will be growing clover and peas (cover crops) in the unused soil while I am learning in the 5 gallon pots.

SETUP
Two 5 Gallon Pots in a 4x4 Tent
Germinate under 60w Blurple Led
Veg under 2 1800 watt Full-spectrum LED
Bloom 2x 1800 watt LED (Bloom Setting) plus 315 watt CMH

SEEDS
1 Auto Pilot 1.0 Feminized ( Autoflower)
1 CBD Star Feminized (Autoflower)

I was intending on germinating directly in the 5 gallon pots as I have read that transplanting autos can be done its just not as productive. Does that sound about right?

Thanks Milson!. I am enjoying your input over a sshz's orange-gasm thread aswell
Thanks for that!

You can use jiffy pellets with autos just fine. There is no transplant shock as you place the whole pellet into the hole you signing the medium. It's really just to give you a head start while their roots are very weak so you can't really over water. The roots should pop through the bottom in around 72-96 hours from first spreading cotyledon leaves. Then you carry on as before.

So are you essentially using a super soil method ala Subcool? If so, I would just have a minimally amended layer on top of the super soil layer, or the nutrients will be too rich for the seedling. That's just my opinion. You could check by doing a soil slurry test. There are instructions on the boards.

ChRonic73

ChRonic73

Thanks for that!

You can use jiffy pellets with autos just fine. There is no transplant shock as you place the whole pellet into the hole you signing the medium. It's really just to give you a head start while their roots are very weak so you can't really over water. The roots should pop through the bottom in around 72-96 hours from first spreading cotyledon leaves. Then you carry on as before.

So are you essentially using a super soil method ala Subcool? If so, I would just have a minimally amended layer on top of the super soil layer, or the nutrients will be too rich for the seedling. That's just my opinion. You could check by doing a soil slurry test. There are instructions on the boards.
Yes pretty much inspired by sub cool (r.i.p)
The 100 gallons has been sitting for about a month or so..hoping it wouldnt be so hot. I'll have to look up the slurry test before I start for sure; thanks!
That is good to hear about the jiffy pellets..makes sense that they do not disturb the plant..

ChRonic73

ChRonic73

20200825 113955

I will lower the two LEDs for veg and leave the CMH off until Flower cycle. I'll try and keep an even canopy so when they switch to the flower cycle all three lights should be at the same height. looks good on paper anyway😎

of course I'm way ahead of myself considering I haven't even germinated my seeds yet... just a little excited lol

ChRonic73

ChRonic73

Just a note the purple hue in the corner is the result of not thinking things through.. My Tent was a 3 in 1.. it's a 4x4 tent + a 1x4 section for germinating or doing a perpetual grow.. evidently even if I worked at sealing up the divider,when I go to do my Photoperiods I will be risking light leaking in.
It doesn't matter much right now that I'm doing auto's but at any rate I took the divider out and will not risk light leaks.. that tent situation was just asking for problems later on.

ChRonic73

ChRonic73

I will lower the two LEDs for veg and leave the CMH off until Flower cycle. I'll try and keep an even canopy so when they switch to the flower cycle all three lights should be at the same height. looks good on paper anyway😎

of course I'm way ahead of myself considering I haven't even germinated my seeds yet... just a little excited lol

Have to laugh at my Idiotic ramblings.. I guess with Autos there are no Veg/Bloom cycles bwahaha what I meat was I will use the CMH once I see the auto's transition to their blooming phase..

ChRonic73

ChRonic73

Day 1 baby!! so Excited!
I took Milson's advice and went for the pellets. My local supply store only had coco pellets instead of peat, but he said they were buffered so we will see.
I have 5 gallons of Tap water that has been sitting for a few days.. the PH was 8.2 so I took about 16oz.. and added some freshly scraped aloe gel then added a few drops of fresh squeezed lemon.. I let that sit for about 30 minutes... then BOOM PH 6.5 bang on... beginners luck eh!

Added the pellets to the water to soak up some goodness... Made my labels.. DROPPED MY BEANS!!! asked the creator to bless my grow and here we are.
Since I plan on keeping a few snake plants in the grow ( the purify the air and release oxygen) I have my led lights on and my germinating tray on top.. there is no sitting water in the dish so I do not feel there is a risk to my light...

So now we wait and watch for signs of life.. 1 Auto Pilot and 1 Cannabis Light Auto.
20200911 210656
20200911 211806
20200911 213930
20200911 213912

ChRonic73

ChRonic73

The 100 Gallon pot of living soil..
Inspired by sub cool, then add a little Elaine Ingham (Soil Web), a touch of Jeff Lowenfel (Microbes) and some Korean Natural farming..and there is my recipe
Plus I am farming a couple worm bins and adding a variety of of ocean supplements

This bin was started about a month ago. I mix it daily and water it weekly. I will be growing some cloves and peas in here between grows
20200911 2210051

ChRonic73

ChRonic73

Just thought I would add that my seeds were dropped into the coco pellets at exactly 9:20 Atlantic.. that is 4:20 in the French Polynesia LOL

Also I just had to share this.. My Seeds took over about a month to get from MoC to Atlantic Canada.. The tracking number showed my package to be in the Netherlands for over a week.. anyway I finally get my package I open it up and I was shocked at the contents.. I thought... what the..???

I was ready to email them..I spent almost $250 bucks and I did not get my seeds.. when I open the package that was inside the original package I was even more mad some random words that looked like Italian yada yada "Novita" novelty?? yet another package within, I open that one .. and it was better than a Kinder Egg lol my order!!!.. I was so fuming mad but that quickly turned to laughter.. talk about discrete shipping.. I was pissed lol.. good job MoC..

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Have to laugh at my Idiotic ramblings.. I guess with Autos there are no Veg/Bloom cycles bwahaha what I meat was I will use the CMH once I see the auto's transition to their blooming phase..

oh, they have grow/bloom cycles, they are just shorter and fairly predictable once you figure it out for a particular strain. I have found "Grow" to be about 4-5 weeks, a week or two of transition, then a 5-6 week finish including a 5-10 day flush. I have been growing Auto Train Wreck for the last year and just moved to Crystal Meth and Candy Cane. We'll see if those numbers hold up.

Happy Growing 😎 🍻 🥂

ChRonic73

ChRonic73

I know it has only been two days, I am trying not to disturb the beans too much, but I do check about twice a day for temps and to make sure the pellets are moist, I've added about .25 ounce to the bottom of the dish of the same solution the pellets wicked up. as I look down into the pellet I am begging to wonder if they seeds are in there too deep... I don't want to disturb them, but I feel the need to check.. for now I have resisted tampering with the pellet.

Notes** The Tent is 80 degrees bang on, but when I did a thermal check on the pellets they were 72 and 71.. I have since placed them under the light but with the cover on to get them to warm up a touch.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I know it has only been two days, I am trying not to disturb the beans too much, but I do check about twice a day for temps and to make sure the pellets are moist, I've added about .25 ounce to the bottom of the dish of the same solution the pellets wicked up. as I look down into the pellet I am begging to wonder if they seeds are in there too deep... I don't want to disturb them, but I feel the need to check.. for now I have resisted tampering with the pellet.

Notes** The Tent is 80 degrees bang on, but when I did a thermal check on the pellets they were 72 and 71.. I have since placed them under the light but with the cover on to get them to warm up a touch.
It's tough to be patient! But give it another day and if you see nothing, maybe just have a very light poke around.

ChRonic73

ChRonic73

Well I did have a little poke around the pellets. One was definitely way too deep. I was very careful performing that surgery and flipped the pellet over and made a more shallow nest.

Thankfully both seeds popped and had about .5” tap roots... woot woot!!!

While I was at it, I prepared the 5 gallon pots.
Since I was poking around in there I decided to just go ahead and place the pellets in the pots.
The coco should buffer the germination stage before the roots hit the living soil.

I hope my excitement didn’t cause me to move to soon.

I placed bottles over top to keep some moisture in and create a mini greenhouse. The Atlantic weather is changing already and the nights go down to the low 60’s.... ugh,already!!

I will mist the inside of the bottles instead of trying to moisten the pellets. Will that cause any issues?

So stoked right now!
A6C05739 A933 4423 BA05 6DF19AC43282
CA3ACAF9 E737 4A8B B49D 0CF2C0DFAB24
1454C58B 2F91 497C 9040 DD620783D60A
8D81AA95 7AC6 46CD 976A 7DBE3FA53FAE
98BC2728 7AC6 4FB5 A367 715ED24269F0

C1D36049 B80F 4CDA 9C25 687479B71459
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Well I did have a little poke around the pellets. One was definitely way too deep. I was very careful performing that surgery and flipped the pellet over and made a more shallow nest.

Thankfully both seeds popped and had about .5” tap roots... woot woot!!!

While I was at it, I prepared the 5 gallon pots.
Since I was poking around in there I decided to just go ahead and place the pellets in the pots.
The coco should buffer the germination stage before the roots hit the living soil.

I hope my excitement didn’t cause me to move to soon.

I placed bottles over top to keep some moisture in and create a mini greenhouse. The Atlantic weather is changing already and the nights go down to the low 60’s.... ugh,already!!

I will mist the inside of the bottles instead of trying to moisten the pellets. Will that cause any issues?

So stoked right now!
View attachment 1030675View attachment 1030674View attachment 1030673View attachment 1030676View attachment 1030678
Honestly I had to do the same on one of mine...just too deep. But they should be up soon!

And re: the early move. It's fine, just won't be able to see root development out the bottom of the pellet as easily.

ChRonic73

ChRonic73

That is comforting to hear... just as I was doing it, it dawned on me... I used to do the same thing with the rockwool cubes for clonies and seeds.. always made a little slit beside the oem holes.. funny how you forget stuff.. anyway looks promising.. Thanks for the advise and encouragement man..

Latest posts

Top Bottom