Grim's Sweet Tooth+Organics+CFL Grow...come on in...

• Thread starter GrimloxK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Dammmmnnn!! That's a bush Grim! Those CFLs are doin it. ...nice LST job too. How many more weeks you looking at?

KILLERCHEF420

KILLERCHEF420

:evilgrin0031:No doubt thats a bush fasho you know what your doin with those cfls that babies looking good i cant wait to see it in a couple weeks and man i cant wait to get mine into flower too damn its been awhile lmao stay high farmers
PEACE
kILLERCHEF

G

GrimloxK

October - I'm in almost 3 weeks right now into flower....like I mentioned earlier I did 27 hours of darkness just to sync up my 12/12 schedule and I started 12/12 on monday and saw pistils pop up on tuesday so this dark technique before flower probably saved me a week atleast.

I plan on letting this ST go around 10 weeks...with cfls you usually need to add a week or two so I wouldn't be suprised if I had to go a full 3 months of flowering or more. Luckily this is an indica dom. strain so it prob won't take forever to finish up like a sativa. But imo I'll probably let her go another 8 weeks to peak maturity.

Killer - I hope your right man...I really want to see her plump up and hopefully put on some decent weight.

marski420

marski420

I believe you seen pistols so quickly because it looks like you vegged the plant out for a good 7 weeks or so by the looks of it. You can see pre flowers in veg alone sometimes, mature plants will show sex much quicker than a 3-4 week vegged plant. Not saying the dark period didnt help, cause it may have but my guess is you had a nice mature plant. Everything is looking amazing for CFL's my man.. keep up the great efforts! I Will be staying tuned in.

S

Sixth Alchemist

your girl is beautiful. at the begining it looked a little rough, but it looks as though she made a full revovery, kudos meng. If you add a 6500k bulb or two it will make the bud alittle denser. Did you take any clones yet or are you going to wait and harvest two thirds then veg and clone? She looks to be about a 60%sativa to 40%indica. Did you pick up any uvb bulbs yet?

G

GrimloxK

marksi - your possibly right...I did veg her for six weeks...2 weeks at seedling stage and 4ish weeks in veg. thanks man please stop by

Sixth - your avy freaks me the hell out but thanks for the kind words. I was thinking of adding a 6500k bulb in the middle of my 4 2700k just to balance out the spectrum a little but i've actually heard the contrary...that 6500k bulbs improve taste rather than size... I was planning on doing the last 2 weeks prior to harvest with just 6500k bulbs because it is supposed to improve taste. May do both. But adding another bulb will def raise my heat.

I'm gonna harvest her as a whole plant because I feel it's better for drying...no clones, I grow straight from seed because I basically just grow for myself and close friends and family. She is exhibiting some very sativa like qualities which you can see from the leaves. No uvb bulbs but it's something i'm looking into right now.

G

GrimloxK

Well buds...running into once again...ph problems. I'm trying to stay within the organic realm as much as possible but I'm very confused as to the traditional organic method "you don't need to ph" versus the modern "always ph" your nute solution.

Well last week I decided to try my hand at bubbling my nute solution for 24 hrs in hopes it would raise my ph to a respectable level...which it didn't. I was forced to use pro-tekt in order to get the ph to 5.7. And guess what...my run-off from feeding today was.....5.7...womp womp. I thought my soil would give me a slightly higher run-off ph but nope.

Well I got my air stone working right this time around and tried the 24 hours bubbling method...

10ml grow
15ml bloom
10ml hp2
5ml trinity
3ml GO CaMg
couple drops of seaweed extract

...my ph was 4.0

after 24 hrs...my ph was....4.1

I was quite confused but I wanted to stop using pro-tekt altogether because I feel it was complicating my Calcium uptake. So I added 5ml of hygrozyme at the last minute which raised my ph to 4.2 then I did some searching for another organic way to raise ph and found that my BioAg Ful-humix(humisolve) would help raise ph but nope didn't do that...i'll probably bubble with it next time. Ful-humix does however increase nute uptake range so it might still help.

noticing alot of yellowing near the base...not really pulling any leaves off, just ones that come off with a very slight tug or have withered....if my plant is looking for N then i'll let it pull it out of the bottom leaves until they wither.

Heres some pics at 22 days into flowering...I added a pic of the withered/yellow leaves if someone wants to help me on a diagnosis...

IMG 7058
IMG 7059
IMG 7063
IMG 7064
IMG 7066
IMG 7069
IMG 7072
IMG 7070
justiceman

justiceman

Yo grim looking good! What did you do to bring her back from droopy to prestine? I noticed that when I bubble my Roots teas it usually takes 36-48 hours for the ph to spike up so maybe you should bubble the brew a bit longer and check its PH for the hell of it. If your using R/O water I'd probably up the GO to 5ml per gal and keep it there.

Your not going to get an accurate PH reading from your soil by measuring the runoff. The PH of the runoff will most likely be what you put in maybe a slight drift if any. Here's a more accurate way on testing soil PH. I wouldn't pay attention to run off numbers unless your running straight coco or some other intert media.

1. Scoop up loose soil samples with a clean, dry plastic jar. Avoid touching the soil with your hands to
prevent contaminating the sample.
2. Remove any stones and crush any clumps of soil to prevent breaking the delicate tester’s glass electrode
bulb.
3. Mix your soil sample with distilled water (1:1 ratio) in a clean jar to form an emulsion. Cap the jar
tightly and shake vigorously a few times. Allow the mixed sample to stand for 5 – 10 minutes so the
salts in the soil can dissolve in the distilled water.
4. Remove the cap of your EcoTestr, switch it on and submerge the electrode bulb fully into the wet
soil slurry.
5. Take the reading when it stabilizes. Press the HOLD button to freeze the reading for recording.
Press HOLD button again to release the reading. Repeat for higher accuracies, if desired.

Either way I'm leaning more towards lack of nutes then PH problems personally but that's just me. I think like me you tend to under feed rather then overfeed because we both like being a bit careful? Lookin good though!

G

GrimloxK

damn maybe I do need to do it for 48 hours...i'll try that by weeks end. Thanks for the schooling on testing soil ph...i'll try that in a day or two when my soil has dried out in a bit...hopefully that paints a better picture of my ph.

G

GrimloxK

yellowing of leaves is still progressing but the same thing happened in my first grow and I still was able to make some awesome smoke so I don't know if its the roots nutes, my environmental factors or what but i'm just monitoring it for now...not even picking off leaves...I figure if the plant is using the leaves as nutrition let them eat away until the leaves fall off themselves and i'll clean them up.

Bought some Earth Juice ph up over the past weekend. Stuff works really well on plain water...i'll see how well it works when I bubble my nutes for the next feeding (if necessary since people are telling me that ph doesn't really go up until after 36 hours).

She's frosting up pretty nicely this quick in the game...also putting on some girth which I like.

Didn't really see an explosion of growth vertically but I guess thats not too bad, given I have limited height. Maybe she has a trick or two up her sleeves yet.

Here she is @ 28 days into 12/12

IMG 7075
IMG 7076
IMG 7077
IMG 7079
IMG 7089
IMG 7098
IMG 7103
IMG 7081
KILLERCHEF420

KILLERCHEF420

:evilgrin0031: Hey man i wanted to stop in and say hi every things looking real frosty and as for the yellowing IMHO it looks like a nitrogen diffiency to me u may want to give her a little shot of N to see if she greens up a little but the lower leave are were it always starts showing nitrogen defiencies in my ladies and also they may not have been getting as much light because its a bush in there and that could have helped in the yellowing on the lower growth as for your teas i NEVER EVER PH MY TEAS but i see your using roots and bubbling it i have no experience with there nutes but id like to throw you my bloom tea recipe in case you ever want to try it
5 gallons water
2 cups earth worm casting
20 ml liquid karma
15 ml honey es
20 ml bud candy
15 ml carbo load
32 ml hygrozyme
1 scoop great white
4 teaspoons high P-K guano (optional)
AERATE FOR 24 HOURS AND USE OR
CUT IT IN HALF WITH PLAIN WATER AERATE ANOTHER 4 HOURS AND USE ITS ALWAYS WORKED GREAT EITHER WAY IF YOUR WORRIED THE UNCUT WILL BE TO STRONG ALSO IF YOU DROP THE HYGROZYME CARBO LOAD AND BUD CANDY AND CUT THE GUANO IN HALF THATS WHAT I USE FOR FOLIAR FEEDINGS IN FLOWER SOMETIMES
ANYWAY WHEN I TEST THE PH ON MY TEAS IT USUALLY FLUCTUATES FROM ABOUT 5.4 TO 6.4 UP AND DOWN AND U CANT GET A STEADY READING AND AS FAR AS I KNOW IT FROM THE BIO-ACTIVITY AND IVE NEVER HAD ANY ILL EFFECTS ALSO JUSTICEMAN HAD SOME GOOD ADVICE ON PH'ING YOUR SOIL WITH YOUR TESTER PEN IVE DONE IT THAT WAY MANY TIMES ALSO THERE SOIL TEST KITS FOR LIKE $10 AT HOME DEPOT OR YOUR LOCAL HYDRO SHOP ANYWAY I HOPE THIS HELPS SOME AND I CANT WAIT TO SEE THEM FINISH UP
PEACE
KILLERCHEF

G

GrimloxK

Chef thanks for the brew recipe...prob won't use it now but you've given me some insight on a brew maybe for a later date.

I think what I have is a N def due to a CaMg deficiency due to improper ph.

Since Ca transports nutes and my ph was out of wack last time I feel that my plant wasn't able to uptake all the N in the soil and was working harder to get into the right ph zone.

from now on I feel that I need to get my nute ph between 5.8 and 6.3 and let my soil swing the ph and ride that drift...we were talking about it in the organic section.

I forgot to add that I fed with 2 gallons of distilled water with 4ml of hygrozyme in each with a ph of 6.0 because I added a little earth juice ph up and the reviews said that the ph changes and goes up over time so hopefully my plant is riding that drift right now...I also added about an inch of roots soil to the top...next feeding I plan to top dress with a little bit of azomite along with restarting the roots master schedule.

KILLERCHEF420

KILLERCHEF420

Chef thanks for the brew recipe...prob won't use it now but you've given me some insight on a brew maybe for a later date.

I think what I have is a N def due to a CaMg deficiency due to improper ph.

Since Ca transports nutes and my ph was out of wack last time I feel that my plant wasn't able to uptake all the N in the soil and was working harder to get into the right ph zone.

from now on I feel that I need to get my nute ph between 5.8 and 6.3 and let my soil swing the ph and ride that drift...we were talking about it in the organic section.

I forgot to add that I fed with 2 gallons of distilled water with 4ml of hygrozyme in each with a ph of 6.0 because I added a little earth juice ph up and the reviews said that the ph changes and goes up over time so hopefully my plant is riding that drift right now...I also added about an inch of roots soil to the top...next feeding I plan to top dress with a little bit of azomite along with restarting the roots master schedule.

:evilgrin0031: Hell yeah nothing like trouble shooting man it sound to me like you got it figured out i add GO cal-mag at every watering just because i use RO water and it will actually flush out nutes if you water with strait RO the cal-mag supplementS really do help alot
its such an amazing plant and the learning process is so fun for the most part its an awesome hobby for sure lol anyway i hope you do try the tea someday shes always worked for me i cant wait to see these babies finish up i just got mine into flower and im so stoked anyway my brother ill be back by and take care

PEACE
KILLERCHEF

G

GrimloxK

:evilgrin0031: Hell yeah nothing like trouble shooting man it sound to me like you got it figured out i add GO cal-mag at every watering just because i use RO water and it will actually flush out nutes if you water with strait RO the cal-mag supplementS really do help alot
its such an amazing plant and the learning process is so fun for the most part its an awesome hobby for sure lol anyway i hope you do try the tea someday shes always worked for me i cant wait to see these babies finish up i just got mine into flower and im so stoked anyway my brother ill be back by and take care

PEACE
KILLERCHEF

bolded for emphasis and quoted for truth...I'm using distilled water for my grow...probably works similar to RO and flushes out nutes so i'm gonna do like you and keep going with 5ml of cal-mag and hopefully the plant fixes itself...if not then I'll chalk it up as a learning experience...great hobby is the perfect description for what we're doing.

bless.

S

Sixth Alchemist

how many weeks into flowering? how many to go? Yellowing is good as the plant nears the end.

KILLERCHEF420

KILLERCHEF420

:evilgrin0031: Hey that distilled water is exactly the same very low ppm so it will flush out those nutes fasho so i would definetly suggest adding the calmag anyway i saw you replied and said you were using distilled water i wanted to say i used distilled for my first grow and i spent an ass load on water so if you ever got the cash and can get a STEALTH RO 100 i got mine new for $175 and i definetely spent that much on distilled that first round anyway just a suggestion to help you save a little money it runs up to 100 gallons a day and my city water were im at is 400 ppm WTF thats crazy bad lol so i even fill my own drinking water too now cuz damn i dont want my kids drinking that crap anyway it was a great investment forsure but just an idea i think you would see a savings though if your using store bought distilled water for all your waterings the other thing is its right at home no driving or lugging containers all over but like i said just a suggestion if you ever have the dough and you can even get the 2oo gallon a day for like $50 more take care man just wanted to get back at you stay high brother

PEACE
KILLERCHEF

G

GrimloxK

sixth - i'm only at 4 weeks and change right now. I've seen her bounce back and after looking at her yesterday she looks like she'll make a recovery if my diagnosis is right

I got her next nute watering bubbling right now so I hope she likes it lol

Killer - your right man, tap water around my area is hot garbage too...I figure I spend $30 every grow on distilled water...i've given thought to getting my own ro system but the reason i haven't jumped on it is because I may not be growing come next year...but if i'm able to grow for the long run, you best believe i'm getting a system bud.

Bless.

KILLERCHEF420

KILLERCHEF420

sixth - i'm only at 4 weeks and change right now. I've seen her bounce back and after looking at her yesterday she looks like she'll make a recovery if my diagnosis is right

I got her next nute watering bubbling right now so I hope she likes it lol

Killer - your right man, tap water around my area is hot garbage too...I figure I spend $30 every grow on distilled water...i've given thought to getting my own ro system but the reason i haven't jumped on it is because I may not be growing come next year...but if i'm able to grow for the long run, you best believe i'm getting a system bud.

Bless.

:evilgrin0031: Well i really hope you still get to grow next year brother we all got to overgrow the world haha we need you Grim
all the foot soldiers we can have lol plus your a cool ass guy
either way you will still be on the forum right
anyway hope your good mane

PEACE
KILLERCHEF

Latest posts

Top Bottom