Grinding Before Blasting?

• Thread starter dabarino
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Douglas.C

Douglas.C

There's a new grinder on the market with a larger volume than a normal coffee grinder. Might be useful to look into. Flower power or something?

D

dabarino

@ShroomKing not really no but i have seen a video of one it was a 2 pound grinder that worked very well and if i could find the video id post it. this grinder i speak of used what i think were soft plastic wires for blades which would be more gentle then sharp metal blades

embaks

embaks

I just bought a closed loop my understanding is 5lbs of butane to 1lb of material regardless of how it is cut up... and also a coffee grinder is out of the question I'll stick to my scissor before I butcher buds like that... thanks for the response tho. My buds are also very much dry I have never encountered a problem with buds getting sticky or anything ever guming up in my pressurized closed column extractor before again thanks for the response but im more looking for a "LOW RPM grinder" something that will reletivly gently grind my buds up one pound at a time
Cheese grader

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Cut a hole in the bottom of a trash can and impliment a weed whacker. Throttle full speed and dump in product.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I just used my magic bullet tonight for my Rso.

Here is 14.57g pulverized.
20170201 201355

Starting material tops only.
20170201 182917

20170201 182935

D

dabarino

ya i couldnt do that to those nice nugs, not even if i was about to smoke them. ive never really liked using coffee grinders for anything to do with weed. to me you've just committed marijuana murder! just my opinion tho to each his own.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
ya i couldnt do that to those nice nugs, not even if i was about to smoke them. ive never really liked using coffee grinders for anything to do with weed. to me you've just committed marijuana murder! just my opinion tho to each his own.

They have already been washed, coffee filtered, and the mason jar stored in the freezer to winterize.
20170201 204553

It's too late!!

They make the best oil!

Last edited:
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
i always soak my rso for 24 hours. ive never had it come out that clear show me a pic of that when its done if you dont mind

Sure.
I'll put up some pics later
I'm still waiting for the solution to cool. Before I even start the purge.

If your into a more pure iso extraction. @GT21 is our resident iso expert. He has a thread on the subject here.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/iso-everclear-slab-no-butane.78135/

He can teach you how to yield a beautiful amber extract. But you lose some yield leftover in a 2nd wash.

I go for the max yield I can get with under 45 seconds of max total agitation. Then the washed material gets a soak in my nasty leftover jar for weeks.

That's why I grind up so fine because in that 45 seconds I want to strip as much oil as possible off the plant matter, Before the green starts showing up.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
i always soak my rso for 24 hours. ive never had it come out that clear show me a pic of that when its done if you dont mind
20170202 004746

20170202 005311

Input was 14.57
Yield was 3.11g----%21.34

20170202 020108

On camera it looks very dark but it's not that dark.
20170202 022801

Here is a led bulb behind it to show off the dark amber color.
20170202 021309

It has an almost shatter consistency with a slight clay style texture. I'll know for sure after seeing how it reacts after sitting out in room temp overnight.

Has a very fruity terpene profile. The flower had it as well before extraction.

D

dabarino

ive read this and im well aware on how t produce a clear oil.. but i go for yeild with iso its what the people want.. i try to tell them its garbage but they love it.

"He can teach you how to yield a beautiful amber extract. "

i truely have no interest in using iso. i just spent close to 3 grand a few days ago upgrading my bho set up(new closed loop and lots of accessories). everything i make goes right back out the door to the dispensaries and only the best sells. people dont want to buy rso in dispensaries here.
Image1

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
ive read this and im well aware on how t produce a clear oil.. but i go for yeild with iso its what the people want.. i try to tell them its garbage but they love it.

"He can teach you how to yield a beautiful amber extract. "

i truely have no interest in using iso. i just spent close to 3 grand a few days ago upgrading my bho set up(new closed loop and lots of accessories). everything i make goes right back out the door to the dispensaries and only the best sells. people dont want to buy rso in dispensaries here.View attachment 664747

blasting works great.

I just use iso cause for personal use at home it adds safety & simplicity. Don't wanna blow myself up lol.

If I was doing commercial sales I'd look into rosin extraction.

Reduce input costs by removing butane & increase profit margin. People love extracts with no solvents used.

D

dabarino

IMG 2805
I got a 12 ton press with a nice set of aluminum plates. But I don't like it to much hassle everything has to be perfect hydration, primo nugs. To finicky for me

Last edited:
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
View attachment 664731
View attachment 664732

Input was 14.57
Yield was 3.11g----%21.34

View attachment 664728

On camera it looks very dark but it's not that dark.
View attachment 664729

Here is a led bulb behind it to show off the dark amber color.
View attachment 664730

It has an almost shatter consistency with a slight clay style texture. I'll know for sure after seeing how it reacts after sitting out in room temp overnight.

Has a very fruity terpene profile. The flower had it as well before extraction.

Here's a better pic of a single dab held up to the light.
20170202 195110

Top Bottom