Grinding large qty of bud efficiently

• Thread starter globe_toker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

globe_toker

Hola,

What is your recommended way to grind/bust/pulverize bud efficiently. 5# for example, finely busted is the way our collective enjoys it for cannabutter.

-blender: small bits at a time, heat actually makes it compress a bit at bottom
-coffee grinder: take hours upon hours...lack of patience
-hand bust: works but hard on lungs and needs to be bone dry
-food processor? never tried
-leave mulcher...no ty
-curious about those burr plate coffee grinders.... works great with beans, consistent grinds

whats your take on grinding?

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
A large cheese grater?

outwest

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

i get mine bone dry stuff it in a giant bag. then get super stoned and wack it with drumsticks until its pulverized. you could use a weed whacker as well. i wonder how it would work if you froze the buds with nitro-glycerin 1st? Take it easy man

fractal

fractal

Not nitroglycerin you'll blow up your kitchen! Liquid nitrogen i think is what you meant.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
i get mine bone dry stuff it in a giant bag. then get super stoned and wack it with drumsticks until its pulverized. you could use a weed whacker as well. i wonder how it would work if you froze the buds with nitro-glycerin 1st? Take it easy man

That's an idea. . . a weed wacker in a garbage can half full of weed. Dreaming of having that much trim on hand. . . :cool:

outwest

G

globe_toker

thanks for the input everyone. I don't have any experience working with dry ice, it also might be hard to source that in these parts. Right now the buds quite dry and i'm thinking of freezing them over night before working with them. Freezing them should make them very brittle and allow them to crumble easily, right? I never have frozen buds lol.

K

kolah

lol@beating up weed with drumsticks

lol@nitro-boy

and yeah GT, freeze or refrigerate those buds to preserve them.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
What about nitrous oxide? Mmmmmmm hippie crack. :D

outwest

fractal

fractal

I always would freeze my popcorn and shake before screening it for kief, makes dry crumbly weed even crumblier.

Top Bottom