gro-kashi

• Thread starter mastacheeser
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Natural

Natural

shit..I wish I could find it bro..there was a guy on here using it @SpiderK might know where to find it. He was a bad-ass indoor guerrilla guy that gave me the idea of recycling sleeping rooms to veg rooms for CO2.
The kashi, I guess it needs to be covered with plastic at first. Wish I knew more. If you can track down GageGreen..I think he uses this stuff as well.

SpiderK

SpiderK

do ya remember a guy posting a room with dug out trenches for his irrigation, in a dirt floor basement? Really big rooms too. It's been awhile..I'll do some more digging later.

ya, hennpedesk ... ? phd / greenhouse dropout .... lol' he went " big time " underground. seen a cut of a video of him in a warehouse / 20,000 sqft. who knows what he did but he could do 40lb's in a 24x24 room ....

Natural

Natural

hennpedesk exactly!!!
I just figured it out..does mapito ring a bell? I thought it was the same thing..I could be way off..lol

SpiderK

SpiderK

ya i ran mapito. i'm gonna do it again soon ..... ( test )

Will not beat soil but i'm gonna test it anyhow. I would use it if i was sog(20oz) for speed but i really do not need that in my small cab. Only running 2 or 3 at a time. If i was going 12 / 12 from clone after one week of veg you can't beat the root oxygen via mapito ...

SpiderK

SpiderK

check out @mastacheeser link...is mapito the same thing as kashi?..or close to?

no .... mapito is rockwool & sponge pu material ... its all about root oxygen and feeding from the bottom up pushing out dead air sucking in fresh every feeding.. but the plants fall apart fast in the heat. if it needs a drink you have two hours before it lays down .... never seen plants drop so fast. feedings every two-three days for five minutes flood and drain.

i did not like the taste of the bud, but was in a tent and doing speed test. / i like outdoor much more.

a friend of mine grows orchids in europe, he turned me onto mapito he used it in the netherlands early in his career..

Last edited:
Natural

Natural

no .... mapito is rockwool & sponge pu material ... its all about root oxygen and feeding from the bottom up pushing out dead air sucking in fresh every feeding.. but the plants fall apart fast in the heat. if it needs a drink you have two hours before it lays down .... never seen plants drop so fast. feedings every two-three days for five minutes flood and drain.

i did not like the taste of the bud / i like outdoor much more.
interesting..
my bad sorry @mastacheeser ..hope you get some more chimers!

Danked

Danked

Hey whats up fellow thcfarmers... I'm SO glad to see a thread started on here about Gro-Kashi! It's game-changing stuff! The idea is nothing new... farmers have been using 'garden dregs' for many many years. It can improve the health of any soil or soilless mix. Brew it as a tea (with NO aeration necessary), top dressing, soil conditioner... etc etc. Alan, the head honcho of the PFA (probiotic farmers alliance), is a really great guy too... got a chance to meet him at the Gage Green booth at the Cup in Denver. All the guys on the PFA Facebook page are always so helpful in answering any question. I guess all I'm trying to say is that it's WELL worth checking out. First order you get 2 bags, $20/piece... and I almost guarantee you'll be back to get more. www.gro-kashi.com

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Hey whats up fellow thcfarmers... I'm SO glad to see a thread started on here about Gro-Kashi! It's game-changing stuff! The idea is nothing new... farmers have been using 'garden dregs' for many many years. It can improve the health of any soil or soilless mix. Brew it as a tea (with NO aeration necessary), top dressing, soil conditioner... etc etc. Alan, the head honcho of the PFA (probiotic farmers alliance), is a really great guy too... got a chance to meet him at the Gage Green booth at the Cup in Denver. All the guys on the PFA Facebook page are always so helpful in answering any question. I guess all I'm trying to say is that it's WELL worth checking out. First order you get 2 bags, $20/piece... and I almost guarantee you'll be back to get more. www.gro-kashi.com
Can you give us a Lil more info on the tea brewing?

Is aeriation a no-no or just not necessary?
All in one formula or should we throw in some sugars/castings?

Danked

Danked

I've got 2 bags of GroKashi on hand, and some 'Veganic Special Sauce' from OG-Tea. I have yet to apply it to my personal garden..that's about to be happening in the next week or so. I'm a member of the PFA and I believe in the movement they're trying to push forward. I plan to be using this on the rest of my grows from here on out... whether it's medical herb, fruit & veggies, whatever. The results I've seen in a few friend's gardens so far are Amazing... and for the price & ease of use... it's win/win.

Last edited:
Danked

Danked

Can you give us a Lil more info on the tea brewing?

Is aeriation a no-no or just not necessary?
All in one formula or should we throw in some sugars/castings?

No aeration is necessary... though I've heard a few guys say they aerate their teas still. You do want some sort of sugar/molasses... but when to add it varies from person to person, depending on who you ask. If you want any more information on it, feel free to contact me. I can try and answer any questions you have, and if not.. I can point you in the direction of someone who can.

blazedahaze

blazedahaze

I just pulled the trigger on a couple of bags of this stuff but the website claims that there is a "3 week wait time"... Is everyone else getting theirs in 3 weeks or sooner??

F

fudd Jr.

Hello THCfarmer Community, It delights me to see the expansion of Gro-kashi and to see being talked about on other websites. I'm am one of the Alpha Tester (aka Riley Flood) this product and have come to learn some amazing tricks with it that I thought I would share. First off Gro-Kashi is a DEFINITE GAME CHANGER! tester as well as myself have reported 30% less water consumption, plus only having to use minimal nutrients ( You only need soil amendment cooked into the soil, this is going based off of The Rev True Living Organic Methods). And we've also come to find that the mycelium acts as an insulation system which allows the plants to survive more extreme climates, the cold as well as the heat. Now the greatest difference testers have notice about their probiotic meds compared to their previous meds is that the terpin profile is drastically enhanced from the use of Gro-Kashi and tastes like no herb you've ever smoked before, it is truly a Miracle Mulch. Here's a little background info on GK. It's handmade fermented wheat bran that is made in the mountains of Mendo and it contain essential elements and microbes that are fermented into a wheat bran, it is this special mix prior to the fermentation that makes Gro-kashi different from other bo-kashi brands. It mainly contain EM-1, molasses, Azomite, a mineral health supplement, and a few other organic natural ingredients. Anyways there are 3 main ways to use this product. The first being just topdressing and covering the to of the pots with a plastic cover or mulch. We do this to help hold in moister, (Mycelium , is the white fungi you'll find growing in your soil). This fungi loves high humidity and low light, so if you running 1k's and don't have you soil shaded you probably won't see that much Mycelium growing on the suface, BUT don't worry this does not mean the Gro-kashi isn't working. There is biological magic happening in your soil under the surface. The second use it to mix it into you soil before transplants @ a ratio of about total of 1-2% soil volume. After calculating ratio's I came up with 1 cup for every 10 gal of soil. And Last but most definitely not least is the Garden Dreg or Kvass aka Gro-kashi tea. This is an beneficial anaerobic fermentation that can be used as a soil drench as well as foliar spray. I personally favor using all three methods to ensure the best results, but using it as a foliar and a drench is my all time favorite method. All you need is a 2 liter pitcher - 5 gal bucket (Depending on the size of you operation) and a porous sack or sock. Also it is best to use dechorinated water , and preferably RO water. With a 2 liter pitcher I usually add 1 tbsp of molasses per gal and mix it around, then put 1 handful of Gro-kashi per liter in the sack. I then place the sack half way into the water and the other half out and cover it with Aluminum Foil to ferment for atleast 24 hours but I find it most potent at 36-48 hours fermented, this fermentation is good to use well over 10 days if you accidentally forget about it. The GK tea with have a slight beer smell when it is ready (technically it is a beer since it contain a miniscule amount of alcohol ). After fermenting I squeeze the sack and get all the white juice out into the fermentation ( this is cultured mycelium read for action). This I dilute it 1:1 RO water: GK tea for a drench, or if I want to use it as a foliar I strain all the big particles off with a mesh coffee filter (Purchased at Walmart) then dilute 2:1 RO Water: GK tea, then spray the plants all over including the under the leafs. 3 Notes when using Gro-kashi. #1 Give the plants a vigorous shake after spraying them, the fermentation is Slightly acidic so if it builds up in the leaf vein, it CAN burn it and cause slight deformation but as long as you give them a little shake you'll be good and shouldn't worry about it. *I use GK tea on freshly rooted clone, Veggin plants and Flowering plants for the first 2 weeks until flower formation really sets in; I spray at least twice a week and then dive them a soil drench about every week. #2 Do NOT use Gro-kashi on seedling, especially ones that aren't established yet. I would wait till their about 1 month old before using. #3 only spray when the lights are off. If you have any other question or comments we would love for you to drop by and join us at the PFA (Probiotic Farmers Alliance/Alpha testers) Closed group on Facebook. Here are some pics of my fermentation's and the meds Iv'e grown using this method.

IMAG0312
20140603 102741
IMAG0446
IMAG0268
20140524 203853
IMAG0452
IMAG0457
IMAG0036
20131227 204018
IMAG0692
IMAG0862
IMAG0886