gro-kashi

• Thread starter mastacheeser
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Kinda trippin on that video too where the guy says just throw chickenbones,fat and everything in the brewer!

Danked

Danked

@fudd Jr. Thank you.. good post. I have a question if you don't mind. The way the label reads on the bags of GK that I have it says to put ~1/3 cup of GK per gal of RO water, .."cover loosely and let sit for 24-48 hours. Stir-in 1 tsp per gallon of black strap molasses. Strain well then use." I read your post and I see you prefer to use a sock/whatever to put the GK in, and then soak it in RO water with the molasses mixed in prior to brewing...correct? It's looking like you get some great results. I just started recently applying it more and trying to dial it into my routine, but I'm not sure if I'm making the tea right. I mean, it comes out with some white 'floaties' on top kinda, but nothing like some of the "furry" white teas I've seen some ppl brew up. I've heard it doesn't have to come out like that for it to be effective though. So... I'm just throwing the GK in the RO water, then stirring in the molasses (is it 1 teaspoon or tablespoon per gallon ...? I've been using 1 tsp./gal as the instructions on the bag read.) ....then covering loosely (not sealing it down 100%), and letting it sit for 24-48 hrs... Is there a better way to do it? Or is this getting the same effect? Sorry I'm long-winded. Any advice is welcome. Thanks again... -jb

Garden of Dreams

Garden of Dreams

Breeder
Mass Mycellium growing on top soil! This is how you prevent infestations of gnats or thripes, All about the micro life! Pest just cant compete with Mother Nature.

20140807 130534

Fermented Gro Kashi soil drench

20140807 105454

Plasma

Plasma

Interesting..will be waiting to hear what others think of it. Cool idea, nice to see the shift to living media.

YarraSparra

YarraSparra

Exactly which fungus species are used in this product?

You want to be careful about which ones you're growing indoors. The spores of a number of species can cause allergies and illness. Not all fungi are good fungi. If you're growing organic, I'm all for this kind of product, but require transparency on what's in it.

YS

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Exactly which fungus species are used in this product?

You want to be careful about which ones you're growing indoors. The spores of a number of species can cause allergies and illness. Not all fungi are good fungi. If you're growing organic, I'm all for this kind of product, but require transparency on what's in it.

YS
You see bacteria not fungi.
Strepomyces coelicolor is one that is present, It is a a bacteria that produces mycellium.

Hibrix

Hibrix

Does anybody know if they actually post the exact process they use to make the gro-kashi versus regular bokashi. Im interested on the reasoning behind the extra additives and the ratios of them to try and replicate myself.

Tnelz

Tnelz

shit..I wish I could find it bro..there was a guy on here using it @SpiderK might know where to find it. He was a bad-ass indoor guerrilla guy that gave me the idea of recycling sleeping rooms to veg rooms for CO2.
The kashi, I guess it needs to be covered with plastic at first. Wish I knew more. If you can track down GageGreen..I think he uses this stuff as well.
Hey bro. Haven't seen u for a hot minute. Check out organic grow broker. He's local to me and has all kinds of good stuff. I believe he sells it.

zombie III

zombie III

interesting product. composting is getting more and more specialized.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Hey bro. Haven't seen u for a hot minute. Check out organic grow broker. He's local to me and has all kinds of good stuff. I believe he sells it.
Spoke to the dude a while ago through text. Diesnt have the grokashi listed in his menu. However he does have and sell it. So just give him a shout. Dude has decent prices on everything.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Does anybody know if they actually post the exact process they use to make the gro-kashi versus regular bokashi. Im interested on the reasoning behind the extra additives and the ratios of them to try and replicate myself.
Beyond Bokashi Ancestral Fermentations Workshop

By Alan Albin Adkisson

Dry Ingredient List:

* Red Wheat 5 gallon

* Azomite 1 cup

* Sea+Real Salt 1 TBSP

* EM Super Cera 1 TBSP 

Liquid Fermentation Ingredient List (plus 1/5 teaspoon EM Super Cera)

* Water 2.5 Gallons (spring water or other non chlorinated, cloromine free water)

* Black Strap Mollasses 2.5 Oz

* Organic Beet Root Juice 2.5 Oz

* Youngevity btt 2.0 organic 2.5 Oz (dry, but mix with your water)

* EM-1 Microbial Innoculant 2.5 Oz

Start potentizing the water you want to use.

I hope I said that right. It is the stirring method used in biodynamic farming or in Dr Emotos work. I use this old ice hash machine. It is perfect. 2.5 gallons warm spring water blessed up with a 1/2 teaspoon EM super cera powder. If you don’t have a ice hash maker, stir the water clockwise for 15 seconds, then counterclockwise, repeat for 5 or more minutes.

Now, every minute or so of mixing, add a liquid ingredient. First the 2.5 oz. Mollases, then 2.5 oz. Beet Root juice, then 2.5 oz. BTT 2.0, lastly 2.5 oz. EM-1. Add the EM-1 last. Once you have your base liquid mixed you can prepare your dry ingredients.

Now for our dry components.
We are going to do a five gallon mix. 1 cup azomite
 1 tablespoon EM super cera
 1 tablespoon mixed sea/real salt.

Stir them up in the cup.

Mix up your five gallons red flake wheat bran with your dry mix. The azomite is an incredible anticaking agent also. Labor saver.
Now you will need 2 1/2 gallons of the liquid fermentation prepared earlier to mix up with your dry mixture.

(if you want to make bigger batches just keep repeating this process till you have finished your desired amount)

Mix it up like bread. Knead it until you find no dry pockets.

Transfer this now to your fermentation barrel.

Continue to fill your barrel until it is about 7/8 full and packed. I use a barrel liner and at the end I put a loose twist tie on the bag.
Then we install the air tight lock ring on the barrel. I have installed an anti siphon valve as a cheap pressure release and put a balloon over that so I can tell when my fermentation is complete. About ten days. You can also use a larger bag tied off over your barrel/bucket and wait for it to puff up a little to see that the fermentation has taken place.

Ten days later this is what it should look like when you open your barrel. I wish you could smell this.

Stomp (Contractor bag lines the barrel)

Now we are going to put that fermented Gro-Kashi thru this 1/4 in screen onto a hay tarp out in the sun to dry.
We gonna rake it and take care of it like a fine coffee bean or better. If the weather is bad you can use a batch grain dryer or rent one from a farmer.

Hey everybody. The black tarp makes it easy to gather up when it is dry. I am trying to figure out the perfect moisture level currently. I think that you can over dry it.

Hibrix

Hibrix

Hey thanks a ton for that info @leadsled, i have been reading "bokashi composting-scraps to soil in weeks" by adam footer and its a good book that breaks down bokashi science and how to guides for DIY bokashi buckets, LAB serum, AEM, and inoculating your own carbon source. Its a quick read at 150 pgs and is available at the library. I recommend anyone interested in bokashi gardening to check it out.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Hey thanks a ton for that info @leadsled, i have been reading "bokashi composting-scraps to soil in weeks" by adam footer and its a good book that breaks down bokashi science and how to guides for DIY bokashi buckets, LAB serum, AEM, and inoculating your own carbon source. Its a quick read at 150 pgs and is available at the library. I recommend anyone interested in bokashi gardening to check it out.
Welcome. I will check out that book.

Are you affiliated with this company leadsled, or just a happy customer?
No, I am not affiliated with them. I have been using em and bokashi for some time before hearing of grokashi. (grokashi is bokashi with additives)

Hibrix

Hibrix

I went to the spanaway cannabis farmers market and they had a grokashi booth set up there so if anyone is in washington near tacoma and wants grokashi check it out.

YarraSparra

YarraSparra

You see bacteria not fungi.
Strepomyces coelicolor is one that is present, It is a a bacteria that produces mycellium.

Thanks, good to know. However, the website does mention fungi. Are those just yeasts?

YS

Latest posts

Top Bottom