Grobot & Undercurrent ...

• Thread starter UC Quest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UC Quest

UC Quest

Anyone using a Grobot with their Undercurrent system ?

What are your thoughts in how they work together ?

UC Quest

UC Quest

Thats sounds very interesting Tex, who better than Current Culture themselves to bring to market an auto doser :)))))))))))))))))))))

Thanks for the info :)

twist1

twist1

http://www.grohaus-automation.com/grohaus-teams-up-with-current-culture/

Grohaus teams up with Current Culture!

Great news for our customers! Grohaus Automation has partnered up with Current Culture H2O, manufacturer of top of the line UC hydroponics systems! We recognize CCH2O as being one of the best in the industry, and their systems are just begging for automation
icon_biggrin.gif
Stay tuned as we design a turn-key automation system, fine tuned for CCH2O’s most popular systems!

UC Quest

UC Quest

The Undercurrent System just keeps getting better and better :)

ttystikk

ttystikk

Now if they would only release all this stuff:banghead::bawling:

"Now that I know that it's possible, reverse engineering the atomic bomb can't be that hard", so said Josef Stalin.

I'm calling no one out here- he was the consummate technological opportunist; late in the second world war a flight of American B-29s ran low on fuel and had to land in the USSR. Stalin 'interned' craft and crews, then had his scientists and engineers disassemble and copy them- right down to the rough patches over battle damage! The very next model Soviet bomber was a carbon copy of the bomber that delivered nukes to Tojo's Japan.

I'm sure CC et al are going to come up with an excellent product. I'm just as sure no one has to wait for who doesn't want to, if they're willing to do a little fiddling on their own.

twist1

twist1

"Hi , and thanks so much for contacting us regarding our Hydroid automation system.We actually began selling the Hydroid to the public market a little over a year ago. The MSRP is $5800, and that includes all of the bells and whistles (Windows8 tablet PC, all optional sensors/probes, and a relay box to control garden devices). There are links to to more information about these components on this page here if you haven't already found it:

http://www.grohaus-automation.com/learn-more/However, many of our customers have suggested creating a more economical version of the Hydroid, so we've made an effort to break the system up a bit. You can now buy the Hydroid just as a doser for $3200. You can read about it's capabilities in this particular form here:

http://www.grohaus-automation.com/hydroid-control-system/But since the Hydroid was originally designed to be an all-in-one controller, we're currently developing a stand-alone doser that will be about half the cost of the Hydroid. That product should be available sometime after the new year.You asked if the Hydroid ships with Current Culture compatibility. The short answer is yes, it does. The long answer is that the Hydroid is flexible in that it will play nicely with just about any hydroponic system you have. So whether you're doing ebb and flow, undercurrent, drip, etc. the Hydroid can manage all of them without any issue. The automatic dosing capabilities are a point of pride for us having spent nearly two years developing the algorithm that governs it.The info I've provided here is basic and I'm sure you will have additional questions for me. Please don't hesitate to email me back if you'd like further clarification on any of the points above. Thanks!

Cheers,

Jordan"

ftwendy

ftwendy

"Our software is really just a convenient way of organizing all of your environmental targets, and we use a calendar to do this. Each day has discrete environmental targets. As each day passes, the computer will send the new environmental target data to the Hydroid. When the Hydroid receives these new instructions it changes the environment accordingly."

I'm sold. Check out the guts here: http://www.grohaus-automation.com/what-is-the-hydroid/

Last edited:
twist1

twist1

I doubt it will. Which makes me wonder why they wouldn't just build it off of the iPad platform instead?
For that kind of money.... I would expect to get the best all around.

ttystikk

ttystikk

So, Apple, Androids, Windows... any others? It's not cheap to develop and maintain software across multiple platforms and this is- reality check here- still a niche market.

The fact that it's as good as it is for the money speaks for itself.

It's not just a doser, it's a complete environmental control system that incorporates nutrient applications, and that's a lot of functionality.

Top Bottom