Grodan's 6 Phase model

• Thread starter Crysmatic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Crysmatic

Crysmatic

I discovered this on Grodan's site just before xmas 2012. My jaw dropped. It has changed the whole way I think about growing. I resonate with its ethos. It's a lot of very high level information. I highly recommend reading each one at least five times each, before trying to make sense of it.

Precision growing is about getting the most returns, for the least amount of input. I don't like how the hobby has evolved into massive amounts of medium, tonnes of water, huge electrical usage, etc. for the purpose of huge profits. Greenhouses use much less water per hectare than open fields, are much less energy and resource intensive, practically use no biocides, and they don't allow any run off into ground water. Even if a farmer grows "organically", it's not ecological, nor is it sustainable, or scalable - hence not truly organic.

View attachment PHG1 Movement_of_water_through_plants.pdf View attachment PHG2 Understanding_substrate_design.pdf View attachment PHG3 Steering the root zone environment PH and G jan-feb 2010.pdf View attachment PHG4 Water and EC Management PH and G mar-apr 2010.pdf View attachment PHG5 Improving Tomato Fruit Quality PHG may-june 2010.pdf View attachment PHG6 Recycling water sep-oct2011.pdf
midwestdensies

midwestdensies

This will take a sec but extremely useful. Thanks for sharing.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Thanks for posting. I will read this with great interest. I try to be as conscious as possible in my garden and am reducing, reusing, and eliminating waste where I can. I'm forced indoords due to culture, community, and legislation, but someday I will have the greenhouse I dream of!

outwest

Top Bottom