Grow automation (1-wire & x10) & ph questions

• Thread starter jordam
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jordam

jordam

Hey, this is my first grow and I wanted to share a bit of the more advanced part of it and and for some input (hopefully someone else around here is using 1-wire).

Anyways not a ton of pics or anything yet just one of the web side

I have 2 1-wire sensors right now, one for light area temp, one for grow area temp and humidity.
I also have an x10 based 4 outlet web enabled controller, this way x10 signals only travel an inch or two to reach the outlets and dont get fucked up by the ballast noise.
All of the sensor data and outlet stats are saved to an sql database every minute via a python program.
The python program also ensures all values are sane and safe and will text me if something has gone wrong (say my vent fan goes out, I get a text letting me know my light temp sensor is too hot) as well as process incoming text's for commands to send the stats to the phone or turn outlets (fan,light,water,etc) on or off.
As soon as my webcam gets here ill have that hooked into it too, along with soil moisture sensors come febuary (backordered for now)

My question though is anyone else using a similar setup? Any input on how to get ph data into my network?
From what I read most ph solutions are wired up from a ph probe and a voltage measurement device then taking a few different measurements in calibration solutions to calculate the voltage response.
However most ph probes I found were for liquids, and the ones that were for soil were 5x as much and required matinence such as refilling the internal solution.
My buddy reccomended just measuring the soil water runoff (or just switch to hydro already XD), but im not sure how accurate that is, or even how accurate the way im currently doing it is 1 part water 1 part soil.
I've also heard people talk alot of shit on soil ph meters even though my buddy swears by them.

What should I be measuring? How should I be measuring it? Any advice?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I think the reason nobody responded was because they don't know what the hell you talking about bro, 1-wire, x10, python program. This is a grow site not an electronic website. Please dont take offense to this comment its just weird that your saying this stuff on a cultivation thread...I think 99% of people probably don't understand what you are asking thats why there is no replies, anyways good luck on your projects.

C

cannabull

Damn, that sounds awesome. I was thinking about buying an arduino board just for messing with this stuff but way over my head in terms of wiring up anything useful.

J

Jalisco Kid

Look up greenhouse suppliers. There is a company in Temecula that could help you. Automation can be used in growing pot as in other crops. JK

Top Bottom