Grow book

• Thread starter DreamsOfDiesel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Does anyone out there still use books? Lol. I used to have few good books (great pics for pests & nutrient issues). Been using internet for everything lately & sometimes it's easier to just look in a book. Havent bought grow book in years so any suggestions? There's lot of them out there & I dont think now is the appropriate time to go sit in barnes & noble reading all day to go thru them all.
Used to have 3 different grow "bibles" & used them all, sure there's more up to date 1s out now

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Does anyone out there still use books? Lol. I used to have few good books (great pics for pests & nutrient issues). Been using internet for everything lately & sometimes it's easier to just look in a book. Havent bought grow book in years so any suggestions? There's lot of them out there & I dont think now is the appropriate time to go sit in barnes & noble reading all day to go thru them all.
Used to have 3 different grow "bibles" & used them all, sure there's more up to date 1s out now
"Been using internet for everything lately" Do you have a site you can keep track of your grows? I'm using a different word doc for each plant but I have to open each doc up to see what is needed. I'd like some system where I can see at a glance who needs what. any suggestions?

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

"Been using internet for everything lately" Do you have a site you can keep track of your grows? I'm using a different word doc for each plant but I have to open each doc up to see what is needed. I'd like some system where I can see at a glance who needs what. any suggestions?
Lol, I hand write everything in a journal & have index cards for different plants. I'm old hahaha

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Lol, I hand write everything in a journal & have index cards for different plants. I'm old hahaha
You're old? I was born in 1952, Writing was never my strong point. I just put an old computer in my groom next to clone box, flower room on the right, veg room on the left. I'm wired up and online now. much better than the paper calendars i was using.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Been using internet for double checking my stuff, different issues so similar, cant remember minute differences all the time & trying to pay attention.
Helping some friends get going with medical grows & most people dont need to do things like me. What I do (trial & error methods, kinda risky but been doing it this way too long, doubt I'll change) works for me but not for most lol

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

You're old? I was born in 1952, Writing was never my strong point. I just put an old computer in my groom next to clone box, flower room on the right, veg room on the left. I'm wired up and online now. much better than the paper calendars i was using.View attachment 961495
Ok, you got me beat, 1977, I think old tho but only feel 25 lol. Always been good with writing, easier to remember if I write it, cant remember crap if I dont write it down

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

How about an access database, you can write SQL statements that will cross reference everything for you & it's fairly user friendly set up. Kept track of small phone companies DSL that way some years back

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
How about an access database, you can write SQL statements that will cross reference everything for you & it's fairly user friendly set up. Kept track of small phone companies DSL that way some years back
I'm old remember " access database, you can write SQL statements" Greek I ask a question and I get a answer written in Greek 😃😃 Write SQL statements? There was nothing about that taught in my school days. I dropped that into google to translate and I'll have to do me some learnin to figure that out. Its probably just what I'm looking for but I'm not familiar with that program. TKS I'll look into that.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I'm old remember " access database, you can write SQL statements" Greek I ask a question and I get a answer written in Greek 😃😃 Write SQL statements? There was nothing about that taught in my school days. I dropped that into google to translate and I'll have to do me some learnin to figure that out. Its probably just what I'm looking for but I'm not familiar with that program. TKS I'll look into that.
I'm sure they have easier programs to work with now, access was just 1st that popped into my head. Got a friend in MI, let me see if he has any tricks up his sleeve (my bfs hubby), he mostly designs websites & games but I'll check

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

He will make a program, now I just need input as to what growers want to track to give to him. I'll make my own list & just add in anyone else's ideas too. So all input is welcome from anyone. Trying to put together program to track info for small growers. Some easy way to keep track of & compile data for each individual for their own personal use, strains, watering, ppm/ec, humidity, lighting, cloning, etc

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
He will make a program, now I just need input as to what growers want to track to give to him. I'll make my own list & just add in anyone else's ideas too. So all input is welcome from anyone. Trying to put together program to track info for small growers. Some easy way to keep track of & compile data for each individual for their own personal use, strains, watering, ppm/ec, humidity, lighting, cloning, etc
Hi, me personally I'd like a way to know at a glance who needs what. With 2 at 8 weeks flower, 6 at 4 weeks. 10 in veg at various stages and ages, then there are the clones/cuttings box I just group together and I don't name or number until they come out of the box
So that's 18 I need to keep track of
Name's & numbers, feed record ph & ppm, water record ph & ppm date of start & expected finish. added info like leaf conditions bugs what I apply & when, a place for Humidity & Temp records.
Kind of like an expandable spread sheet that each column & box can be spread apart & enlarged to work on record & details then collapse to view the entire page.

I'd really like a computer that I can talk to that keeps track of this stuff and welcomes me....Good Morning Pipe your Chemdog & Bubba Kush could use some water this am and KC39 1& 2 need feeding. Then I get robot # 2 to do the job for me. .....sorry good smoke.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Hi, me personally I'd like a way to know at a glance who needs what. With 2 at 8 weeks flower, 6 at 4 weeks. 10 in veg at various stages and ages, then there are the clones/cuttings box I just group together and I don't name or number until they come out of the box
So that's 18 I need to keep track of
Name's & numbers, feed record ph & ppm, water record ph & ppm date of start & expected finish. added info like leaf conditions bugs what I apply & when, a place for Humidity & Temp records.
Kind of like an expandable spread sheet that each column & box can be spread apart & enlarged to work on record & details then collapse to view the entire page.

I'd really like a computer that I can talk to that keeps track of this stuff and welcomes me....Good Morning Pipe your Chemdog & Bubba Kush could use some water this am and KC39 1& 2 need feeding. Then I get robot # 2 to do the job for me. .....sorry good smoke.
Lol, you wont be able to talk at it but the tracking database or spreadsheet was a good idea. I'll start writing everything down in list form tonight. Hes bored & likes me so hes doing this for free. Itll be useful if it's done right. Hes smart so we have good chance of a workable program for us small growers

visajoe1

visajoe1

I bet this exists in a commercial application somewhere, although not literally exactly like above. All of these capabilities do exist though. Could a future grow product tap IBM Watson capabilities? hmm

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I bet this exists in a commercial application somewhere, although not literally exactly like above. All of these capabilities do exist though. Could a future grow product tap IBM Watson capabilities? hmm
Commercial has all kinds of programs but us normal growers dont. I cant afford to get too fancy but we can at least come up with something that works for people who want computer version of it all. I'd like to sometimes just have it all right on the screen instead of going thru notebooks & index cards. Writing it down has worked but when you have so many different plants at various stages of growth itd be easier to see big picture sometimes vs bunch of little notecards lol

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I just did a quick search and there are a lot of apps for this available.

I like my paper system so i didnt investigate further.
I'm downloading & exploring apps but not impressed with 1st so far, too cumbersome & bulky feeling. Should be better streamlined for ease of use. Will download more & explore further. I know we can improve this

Latest posts

Top Bottom