grow cabinets any good?

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeb437

mikeb437

recently had to move back to mom's house and need to know if any of the small grow cabinets work well. need to grow this in my room and was thinking of using the p.c growbox but im concerned about the smell and the size of the unit. i do not want to build anything and want something where i just need to add seeds and water. what is the smallest and best unit on the market ( with all the toys,,) that will grow a decent crop? or should i not waste my time..

G

gdbud

Don't do it at Moms house unless she says its ok!
I have seen small grows in a computer case and they seem to yeild around 1/2 oz to a oz at best. I lot of work and time for a small reward.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I have to say that the cabinet looks like the only thing that doesnt suck!

the rest of that "gear" is pure shite!

plus your still going to have to put it together, so your building it - just everything comes in one box

save the 800 bux and just buy weed, it will be better and you wont have moms all pissed off

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I have grown in a smaller cabinet type before. It had a very small veg room and a bloom room about 4x3x4.
You need to find the correct strain to go with that cabinet. go with pure indica dom strains that do not stretch much in flower. Also make sure it comes with a carbon filter.
I did quiet well with mine. I was pulling a little over a ounce a plant. good for personal use.
But it would work better if you were to just build a box and be about 1/4 of the cost.

L

Lebowski420

Anyone on here use any of of the smaller supercloset models??

Thanks!

Lebowski420

S

Steve Z

save the 800 bux and just buy weed, it will be better and you wont have moms all pissed off

serious dude. you obviously moved back to moms for a reason. you really wanna burn that bridge by growin in her house? by the sounds shes obviously not down with it.

800 is a lotta weed man. more than you'd get in 2 harvests from that thing.... think about it.

mikeb437

mikeb437

moved back to take care of her because she's ill..she doesnt care about the grow,, its just that i dont have space and i dont need tons of people seeing my business,, and 800bux doesnt buy that much weed.. ever hear the phrase,, give a man a fish, he eats for a day,, teach a man to fish and he eats his whole life.. im learning to fish baby! so just give weed advise and not relationship advise.. k?

S

Steve Z

then my advice would be a grow tent.

its 1/5 the price, you can get whatever size you want, and it is enclosed, so nobody knows shit.

dont spend 800 on that, its literally like a guy walking through a hydro store making a set up, then charging you an extra 200 just to put it in 1 box. you still even have to set it up, lol.

you could get a bangin 600 watt set up with 800.

265 - 600 euro hood from htg

234 - 4 x 4 x 7 tent on ebay

250 6" fan and filter combo.

60 trio FF nutes

soil, ducting, odds and ends, (which arent even included in your original 800... or hydro components hydroton whatever) ~100

and your yield is going to be 10x the size of that little cabinet. even if your in an illegal state, itd be the exact same risk as well.

M

Max Powers

I had the SuperCloset SuperFlower a couple years ago when I was in a similar situation, and couldn't get rid of it fast enough. If you have ever grown in bigger setup, those closets will make you want to rip your hair out. If this is your first run, it will make you never want to grow again. It's next to impossible to take good care of your plants in such a tiny space, and you will have problems with air circ, water temps, etc..
Steve Z is right about the tent, way easier to work in, and anyway you're not going to fool anyone with a big file cabinet that smells like nutes and hums like there's a generator inside. ha

L

Lebowski420

I've looked for used superclosets, and can't find one, which could indicate peeps are happy with them, otherwise there would be a bunch of them on craigslist and ebay.

Lebowski

B

Bubz

I asked a similar question as well and got a decent alternative but im gonna do mine in a rubbermaid storage unit but the one the guy gave me was sunlightsheds.com/caddy.htm

S

Steve Z

I asked a similar question as well and got a decent alternative but im gonna do mine in a rubbermaid storage unit but the one the guy gave me was sunlightsheds.com/caddy.htm

dont forget the tin foil brah!

B

Bubz

they use Mylar i believe not tinfoil and like i said im not using that particular cabinet im building my own I was just told that was a better alternative to the Superclosets.....Smartass

S

ScrogFrog

IMAG0458

Renovated an old dresser into a grow box by gutting it out, painting it white, putting a floor in it and a plywood door with hinges. 1 intake fan and 1 exhaust fan Running a 150HPS. hoping to get 3-4 zips per harvest.

O

ookiimata

Is one of those fans intake, Frog? I built a similar sized cab and am just using passive intake for air, but I've wondering if I should use a pc fan for intake as well. The temps are fine as is, for me.

O

ookiimata

And don't buy one of those "pre-made" closets that are sold. Like everyone else has said, they're a huge ripoff. I personally built my actual closet to ideally fit my area, but if you don't want to go that route, you can find tons of stuff at Goodwill or Salvation Army that will work with a couple vent holes drilled in and a bit of light sealing done. I've seen people use IKEA stuff as well. Just go shopping and pick something that is the size and look you want. Then mount light and drill and mount your exhaust hole(s) fan(s), put in a thermometer, line with panda or mylar and do the light seals, and drop in some pots. Of course you can make it as complicated as you like in that process (and you're going to need to research what kind of light you want/need, what kind of ventilation you need, what strain to run), and divide into veg/bloom areas as well if you wish.

I agree with the others that growing in a cab sucks compared to a tent or room, but you've got to do what you got to do.

D

Donk Frog

Grow box shopping eh?...try the bc norhtern lights producer (www.bcnorthernlights.com ), i get between 2-4 pounds depending on strain...lol...the four pounds was with chronic from serious, check out my grow threads if in doubt.

D

Donk Frog

i looked at bc too.
their cabinet didn't have the internal circulation fan....i have heard people complain of major heat issues because of that.
another big thing for me was that bc's light isn't on a yo-yo and the reservoir is also a lot smaller.
ultimately, i didn't think that the white cabinet was very stealthy either.

donk, i tried to find your threads, but there are no pics or anything in your profile...am i missing something?

here is the beginning of my 1st grow.
Blue Dream!

No heat issues ever, those other cabs are garbage made of plastic.
yes samll rez required topping daily but other than that....no problem
As for my thread if your having trouble finding them click my name , stats, and choose (all threads started by Donk Frog)

Top Bottom