Grow deux - Critical Kush in rural Thailand

• Thread starter IsanFarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
IsanFarmer

IsanFarmer

So after the success of my first grow I started another as soon as I could. We had to move to our new house before the last grow was dried so I had to keep going back to the house we lived in previously until the weed was completely dried because I didn't think it would be a good idea to transport it while it was still drying because Thailand is so hot. I only have one room in the new house to use for growing too so I couldn't start a new grow until I knew the weed was completely dried, in case I needed to use the room to finish off the drying. I'm still a novice and haven't worked out how to create different environments in separate areas of the same room for different stages of a grow but I'll get there eventually. This grow is in a 4x4 tent under a Mars Hydro FC-E4800 light again with the only difference being that I am growing 9 plants instead of 3.

I decided on the Critical Kush strain from Royal Queen Seeds in Bangkok, this a is a high yielding and fast flowering strain which is perfect for my circumstances. I am going on holiday on the 22nd December so I only have about 15 weeks to complete the grow which means it's going to be tight and I will only achieve this by reducing the veg time to about 4 weeks. I germinated the 10 Critical Kush seeds I had plus two Northern Lights seeds as back up, to ensure that I get 9 plants. They only took a few days to germinate and I planted them last Saturday which was 5 days ago. All 10 of the Critical Kush seeds germinated so Royal Queen Seeds in Bangkok are clearly a reliable place to buy seeds from. The two Northern Lights seeds didn't geminate but I wasn't expecting them to because they were bought from an unreliable source that I won't be using again. Two of the seeds were a bit slow to germinate (see photos) but they eventually joined the party.

It's 5 days since I planted the seeds and after a fast germination, the rate at which they are growing has slowed considerably and this is worrying considering the finite period of time I have to complete the grow. I think I have overwatered them because I made the mistake of raising the RH in the grow room to the optimum level, not realising that that would mean the RH inside the bags would be too high. I have since stopped using the humidifier and dropped the RH in the grow room to about 60% and I am hoping that this will resolve things. If anybody has some advice on this then please give it to me because I still don't know what the fuck I am doing. If these plants aren't ready to flip within the next 5 weeks then I may not have enough time to complete this grow!

Grow deux   critical kush in rural thailand
Grow deux   critical kush in rural thailand 2
Grow deux   critical kush in rural thailand 3
Grow deux   critical kush in rural thailand 4
Grow deux   critical kush in rural thailand 5
Grow deux   critical kush in rural thailand 6
Grow deux   critical kush in rural thailand 7
Grow deux   critical kush in rural thailand 8
3cats

3cats

So after the success of my first grow I started another as soon as I could. We had to move to our new house before the last grow was dried so I had to keep going back to the house we lived in previously until the weed was completely dried because I didn't think it would be a good idea to transport it while it was still drying because Thailand is so hot. I only have one room in the new house to use for growing too so I couldn't start a new grow until I knew the weed was completely dried, in case I needed to use the room to finish off the drying. I'm still a novice and haven't worked out how to create different environments in separate areas of the same room for different stages of a grow but I'll get there eventually. This grow is in a 4x4 tent under a Mars Hydro FC-E4800 light again with the only difference being that I am growing 9 plants instead of 3.

I decided on the Critical Kush strain from Royal Queen Seeds in Bangkok, this a is a high yielding and fast flowering strain which is perfect for my circumstances. I am going on holiday on the 22nd December so I only have about 15 weeks to complete the grow which means it's going to be tight and I will only achieve this by reducing the veg time to about 4 weeks. I germinated the 10 Critical Kush seeds I had plus two Northern Lights seeds as back up, to ensure that I get 9 plants. They only took a few days to germinate and I planted them last Saturday which was 5 days ago. All 10 of the Critical Kush seeds germinated so Royal Queen Seeds in Bangkok are clearly a reliable place to buy seeds from. The two Northern Lights seeds didn't geminate but I wasn't expecting them to because they were bought from an unreliable source that I won't be using again. Two of the seeds were a bit slow to germinate (see photos) but they eventually joined the party.

It's 5 days since I planted the seeds and after a fast germination, the rate at which they are growing has slowed considerably and this is worrying considering the finite period of time I have to complete the grow. I think I have overwatered them because I made the mistake of raising the RH in the grow room to the optimum level, not realising that that would mean the RH inside the bags would be too high. I have since stopped using the humidifier and dropped the RH in the grow room to about 60% and I am hoping that this will resolve things. If anybody has some advice on this then please give it to me because I still don't know what the fuck I am doing. If these plants aren't ready to flip within the next 5 weeks then I may not have enough time to complete this grow!
Clear cups is a no no. put them cup and all into colored cups roots don't like light. No humidity domes on seedlings. cutting yes seedlings no. your humidity should be fine uncovered. water only when dry and flood it until they won't take any more then let them dry. Holes in the bottoms I hope. 60 - 65% is perfect even higher in veg its in flower you want to lower the RH 50% or lower if you can.

j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
60 - 65% is perfect even higher in veg its in flower you want to lower the RH 50% or lower if you can.
funny story, I used to stick with 50%Humidity and keep temp in mid 70s in flowering,But now I more
prefer higher tem/rh in flowering in 70-75%Rh,28~29c through entire flowering, i believe environment will suck moisture from the plants and lead to a loss in quality...if ran correctly, high temps in relation to rh will actually boost quality as well as yield.
IRRC,the ideal temperature range for plants to absorb co2 is 28-30c.

IMG 20230808 223217 105
IMG 20230808 223216 888
j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter

You are in game now, Mate. Cheers.

3cats

3cats

funny story, I used to stick with 50%Humidity and keep temp in mid 70s in flowering,But now I more
prefer higher tem/rh in flowering in 70-75%Rh,28~29c through entire flowering, i believe environment will suck moisture from the plants and lead to a loss in quality...if ran correctly, high temps in relation to rh will actually boost quality as well as yield.
IRRC,the ideal temperature range for plants to absorb co2 is 28-30c.
75%rh in flower? I'm not fond of mould. where did you get that information? Everyone I know drops humidity during flower. what ever works for you I guess but I'd not recommend 75%

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Right on buddy! It works great outdoors! I’ve always wondered if anybody has ever tried to get that climate inside of a tent to see if it works! I guess if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Going to be 102 today. I love it!

rasterman

rasterman

I'm a confirmed lizard. I live in a dry climate and was doing things to increase humidity in my tent for a couple of months. I stopped doing it when I encountered my first case of bud rot. I'm back to keeping things dry.

3cats

3cats

Right on buddy! It works great outdoors! I’ve always wondered if anybody has ever tried to get that climate inside of a tent to see if it works! I guess if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Going to be 102 today. I love it!
We have a hurricane blowing through here Saturday we could get smacked hard and we're not built to any hurricane standards 2x4's and nails don't hold up well with100mph wind gusts. We're tied to the ground as well as a chicken coop. One good strong wind and we could be Wizard of OZ style. I know that dates me. Its been a shit summer this might be a fitting end to it.

j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
75%rh in flower? I'm not fond of mould. where did you get that information? Everyone I know drops humidity during flower. what ever works for you I guess but I'd not recommend 75%
The main reason casued by mould or pm is not enough airflow or bad genetic issue.
Currently I am in 200 square meters small scale commercial grow set up , and I have never seen any pm or mould.
I also feed Potassium silica in my any grow media from rockwool to coco. For Potassium silica that the single biggest thing dose in weed is minimize powdery mildew/mould and help plants be more disease/insects resistant .

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
The music was kind of catchy! But will settle for the picture! Lol! Take it easy looks good!

3cats

3cats

The main reason casued by mould or pm is not enough airflow or bad genetic issue.
Currently I am in 200 square meters small scale commercial grow set up , and I have never seen any pm or mould.
I also feed Potassium silica in my any grow media from rockwool to coco. For Potassium silica that the single biggest thing dose in weed is minimize powdery mildew/mould and help plants be more disease/insects resistant .
Maybe so but 75% and up in flower is an open invitation for mould. Air flow doesn't penetrate big thick buds all warm and cozy inside. Google it.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Maybe so but 75% and up in flower is an open invitation for mould. Air flow doesn't penetrate big thick buds all warm and cozy inside. Google it.
yep 75% maybe first two weeks of flower if so under LEDs tho, with HPS never over 60% in flower.

IsanFarmer

IsanFarmer

I've just realised that the problem of stunted growth has been caused by myself being a complete fuckwit and not testing the PH of the water. I was giving them bottled "mineral water" which I assumed, (assumption is the mother of all fuck ups) would be near enough the right PH but when I tested it this evening the reading was 9.4 which is amazing considering this is a well known brand of water in Thailand. Either way, I can't believe I've made such a simple mistake. My second grow and I don't appear to have learnt much from the first.

The seedlings are clearly too delicate to try and replant so I'll have to flush out the high alkaline water I've given them. However, giving them too much water at this stage is going to cause problems too isn't it so I'm not sure what to do here? I've now got water that has been adjusted to 6.2 PH and I'm going to water them in the morning once the soil has fully dried out. How much water should I give them? I normally spray around the stems until the soils is nice and moist (but not drenched) and then wait to see how they respond. Or have I opened up a bigger can of worms with my carelessness?

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

I've just realised that the problem of stunted growth has been caused by myself being a complete fuckwit and not testing the PH of the water. I was giving them bottled "mineral water" which I assumed, (assumption is the mother of all fuck ups) would be near enough the right PH but when I tested it this evening the reading was 9.4 which is amazing considering this is a well known brand of water in Thailand. Either way, I can't believe I've made such a simple mistake. My second grow and I don't appear to have learnt much from the first.

The seedlings are clearly too delicate to try and replant so I'll have to flush out the high alkaline water I've given them. However, giving them too much water at this stage is going to cause problems too isn't it so I'm not sure what to do here? I've now got water that has been adjusted to 6.2 PH and I'm going to water them in the morning once the soil has fully dried out. How much water should I give them? I normally spray around the stems until the soils is nice and moist (but not drenched) and then wait to see how they respond. Or have I opened up a bigger can of worms with my carelessness?
nah your soil will buffer it ok.. no need to flush, never flush organic soil. NEVER. hehehe
just give em tap water maybe? how's your tap water ph and EC?

make sure you wet all the media after the little "drybacks" so the roots can grow everywhere :-)
seedling don't need big drybacks tho, pot half the weight? water again.

IsanFarmer

IsanFarmer

nah your soil will buffer it ok.. no need to flush, never flush organic soil. NEVER. hehehe
just give em tap water maybe? how's your tap water ph and EC?

make sure you wet all the media after the little "drybacks" so the roots can grow everywhere :-)
seedling don't need big drybacks tho, pot half the weight? water again.

My tap water in the new house is 8.4 PH so I had to bring it down a bit. Hopefully they'll start growing now that the PH is right.

Top Bottom