GROW DIARY!! Check it out on my page

• Thread starter Bigdope916
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bigdope916

Bigdope916

Follow me and my grow diary through my greenhouse journey. I’m running a 5x5x6.5 FLOWERHOUSE greenhouse with 6 plants in 15 gallon pots. Would love more advice and to share my first greenhouse grow with you guys. All advice is appreciated and welcomed. It has already been an exciting first couple weeks and lots more to come. Check it out on my page. I’m in Northern California

caliOF

caliOF

I am also in the 916. I put up a tent greenhouse in February. After first heat wave in April, I saw the temp was over 100* in there. I decided I would just put the girls outside and trellis them to keep them below fence line. After this past week, I'm thinking that was probably a good decision. How are you handling the temp in the greenhouse? It was wicked hot this week. I'm in a County suburb, so I know they frown on outdoor but...oh well.

HelluvaJC

HelluvaJC

15 Gallon pots? May I see a pic? Interested as I am also growing in pots but not at that size.

Bigdope916

Bigdope916

I am also in the 916. I put up a tent greenhouse in February. After first heat wave in April, I saw the temp was over 100* in there. I decided I would just put the girls outside and trellis them to keep them below fence line. After this past week, I'm thinking that was probably a good decision. How are you handling the temp in the greenhouse? It was wicked hot this week. I'm in a County suburb, so I know they frown on outdoor but...oh well.
They are withstanding it pretty well and I’m even seeing a lot of new growth in them as they are finally starting to settle in from transplant and I didn’t harden the clones off. I have one clip on fan and a box fan running on the floor. I leave the doors on greenhouse open since they have screens and I also cut a hole in top for the in-line fan I set up. I have it on the outside sucking air from the top. Temps are still 105-113 in greenhouse during heat wave but is more manageable during cooler times. I may move plants outdoors once they get closer to flower if the heat continues like this

Bigdope916

Bigdope916

15 Gallon pots? May I see a pic? Interested as I am also growing in pots but not at that size.
Here’s a video. I would recommend at least 15 gallon pots if you really wanna let their roots expand and grow big.

Bigdope916

Bigdope916

Damage of leaves in video is from thrips. Something I’ve been dealing with recently

Bigdope916

Bigdope916

Caliof.. how big are your plants now? Feb is pretty early that’s when I wanted to start mine but didnt have my greenhouse yet. I would like to get an idea of the size of you have a picture and also when do you think you will flower? Trying to get an idea for next year since we’re in the same area

caliOF

caliOF

Had to check my diary. I actually started auto-flower seeds in mid-March. Tent went up in late February. I was just excited to get everything under way! I was using supplemental T-5 LED, but when I ran into the heat issue in April, they stalled out. I realized I would probably have VPD issues later. I took the tent down and started two photo-period girls in late April. I gave one to a buddy. Mine I topped once and she's about 3 feet tall, but I'm training her to spread out, almost like a grape vine on a trellis, but she only gets about 4 hours of direct sunlight a day. I have a neighbor with a deck and he can look into my backyard. I'm trying to be unobtrusive, so right now I'm happy with the way she looks and her height. I'm hoping she will start in flowering in August and finish in early-mid October. I understand the strain has a lot of sativa and given the growing conditions, it looks like she's favoring that. Forbidden Fruit X Watermelon Zkittles.

caliOF

caliOF

BTW, I really like the way you handled the air circulation. I might have to try the greenhouse again next year, although I cleared some space in my garage and plan on buying a tent for Fall, Winter, Spring indoor season. I had not had a grow since the mid-80s (5'x5' indoor), and I'm enjoying my re-found hobby.

Bigdope916

Bigdope916

Had to check my diary. I actually started auto-flower seeds in mid-March. Tent went up in late February. I was just excited to get everything under way! I was using supplemental T-5 LED, but when I ran into the heat issue in April, they stalled out. I realized I would probably have VPD issues later. I took the tent down and started two photo-period girls in late April. I gave one to a buddy. Mine I topped once and she's about 3 feet tall, but I'm training her to spread out, almost like a grape vine on a trellis, but she only gets about 4 hours of direct sunlight a day. I have a neighbor with a deck and he can look into my backyard. I'm trying to be unobtrusive, so right now I'm happy with the way she looks and her height. I'm hoping she will start in flowering in August and finish in early-mid October. I understand the strain has a lot of sativa and given the growing conditions, it looks like she's favoring that. Forbidden Fruit X Watermelon Zkittles.
Nice bro, see you got a little head start on me.. I didn’t end up planting the clones until the end of may. Heat has also been the biggest issue with me as well. I was thinking of doing supplemental lighting as well more for the winter months if I try to mess around and grow in the greenhouse after this harvest. I believe my plants have actually gotten acclimated to the high temperatures because they all seem to be showing new growth consistently and Don’t seem to be so stressed out. And thanks man I’ve been trying to do my best given the circumstances this is also my first grow in a while. I’ve only ever grown one other outdoor crop a few years ago. My favorite hobby too glad I got back into it. I ended up putting a box fan on the floor as well to combat heat a little but ended up getting wind burn pretty bad which was stunting their growth. I only have the two clip on fans now facing the wall which bounces off and gives all the plants a gentle breeze. I just watered and fed them about an hour ago, they were very dehydrated with the heat last couple days. I topped my two sativas as well which stunted growth for a while but they are making a strong recovery. I was too scared to top my indicas bc everywhere I read said they take it harder lol can’t stress these ladies out more than they already are. i would like to grow indoor in my back garage too but unfortunately there’s no central air so I feel like heat would be an even bigger issue. Give me 10 min and I will post a video on here as well with an update on how they’re doing and how I have it set up now

caliOF

caliOF

Very nice setup. They are looking awesome! Very healthy and you can tell your light is excellent and the heat is not bothering them. Keep up the good work! Mine is a bit stretched (since the plant is healthy I am assuming it's not enough light). I'm hoping by training her along trestle wires I can manage height and hopefully create more bud sites. I had not planned on an online diary, but might.

Bigdope916

Bigdope916

Very nice setup. They are looking awesome! Very healthy and you can tell your light is excellent and the heat is not bothering them. Keep up the good work! Mine is a bit stretched (since the plant is healthy I am assuming it's not enough light). I'm hoping by training her along trestle wires I can manage height and hopefully create more bud sites. I had not planned on an online diary, but might.
Thank you! Trying my best but definitely have some things to work on for next season. I was planning on using trellis but I will definitely be doing that next spring to maximize space in the greenhouse. Yeah I would assume it’s not getting enough light if it only gets a few hours a day like you said. I’ll definitely check it out if you start one! I haven’t really posted much to mine since I started working again but need to update. Good luck with your grow I will keep this thread updated since nobody replies in my actual grow diary lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom