Grow diary mission impossible (low to medium budget lol)

• Thread starter BearWater
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Good morning farmers! Well I played with fire and got burned! Between my inexperience and growing ego here on the farm I got cocky with my waterings, lesson learned! (I have my excuses if you’re interested in my thought process and how I wound up here) but I feel like it doesnt matter really hahahah! Im a dumbass and my grow reflects that! The first pic is from yesterday right before I watered/fed. The second is from this morning. The bounce back is incredible but the plants are no where near what they were a few days ago. is that because they are just bouncing back? Do I need to water again asap? Or will they be hurting until harvest because of the “extreme dry back”? I took 7 male plants out of the garden and moved everything back under lights (outside) and now its going to rain tonight and tomorrow so ill be throwing my awesome plastic up. thanks in advance for any info/feed back! : )
E01CD2EB ECB7 472B A068 CE3707A933DA
281FA264 BE15 46C5 BF23 01F5F874C8BC
C1BD788E 0440 44D2 924D ECA77C53BCAC

Greenadian

Greenadian

Supporter
Hey BearWater those girls are looking just fine!! We have all had a few mishaps like this!
I find that when it happens in veg, just slows them down. It would be much worse of it happened during flowering, as they usually dont finish to their true potential.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Why are those other plants pulled? Were they males? I am pretty sure those others will come back.
Yeah they ended up being male. Still have enough females though : ) hopefully they aren’t to stressed out from the light or lack there off.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Hey BearWater those girls are looking just fine!! We have all had a few mishaps like this!
I find that when it happens in veg, just slows them down. It would be much worse of it happened during flowering, as they usually dont finish to their true potential.
Hey Green! : ) yeah when I saw them my heart about dropped! I knew they could either come back or it was too late, just didnt know what point they were at. I’ve got them in recovery mode at the moment working water slowly back into the soil. I came here to post some update pics : ) thanks for the reassuring words! 🙏

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Heres an update pic dump of the “great drought of 2024” 🙄 I started watering and quickly took the trellis down, ill throw it back up at some point.
IMG 6116
IMG 6117
IMG 6120
IMG 6121
IMG 6122
IMG 6123
IMG 6124

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Heres a video for @Oldchucky . YEEEEE HAAAAWWW!😂 still not sure what im thinking hahaha! I was considering starting some legit outdoor garden seeds, because these current plants have had a pretty rough go from the start 🤷🏼‍♂️

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
You should at least build them a fort that a homeless person would be willing to sleep in!😂 If they survive their caregiver till June I’ll bet there won’t be any stopping them. Will give you a C for effort!😀

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
You should at least build them a fort that a homeless person would be willing to sleep in!😂 If they survive their caregiver till June I’ll bet there won’t be any stopping them. Will give you a C for effort!😀
😂 I’ll take the C. I didn’t even want to put the plastic up but I had just installed the lights, again. I think they have a good chance! They’ve made it this far hahaha!!! Tough little boogers.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Good morning ya’ll from yeeehaaaaw farms! 😂 checked on the plants this morning before lights out and they have made full swing back around recovery (as much as they’re going to)🤷🏼‍♂️. So naturally it’s time to start pumping full of nutes again right?😂 (rhetorical?) Im going to blast them! After being a vagrant here on the farm with no real place to call home I have spent lots of time wondering around different threads, tons of styles and tricks and tips to be had! With that said im going to mix the grow nutrients with the transition nutrients for the next two waterings roughly 1 to 2 weeks probably less than 2 and then im going to FLIP!!! (Maybe) kinda scared to flip and might get cold feet and just veg them for 7 months🤷🏼‍♂️😂 the outdoor project is slowly but quickly falling apart lol! Oldchucky has me using the smart part of my brain, and i may take some clones from the girls inside or I might just pop some fresh outdoor seeds! Just don’t want to do the whole “is this a male” thing again. Worst part of my experience thus far (but thats all for the fallow up summery of the grow after all is said and done hahahaha!!!!)
IMG 6141
IMG 6142
IMG 6143
IMG 6144

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Be damned, if it doesn’t look like they’re doing pretty well, in spite of you!😂 it’s still pretty early for outdoors! It wouldn’t hurt to have a Plan B for that! In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with feminized seeds! Keep on bobbing and weaving!

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Be damned, if it doesn’t look like they’re doing pretty well, in spite of you!😂 it’s still pretty early for outdoors! It wouldn’t hurt to have a Plan B for that! In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with feminized seeds! Keep on bobbing and weaving!
It’s almost as if they like me! They really do like me!😂

You got me thinking with all your experiences and input that if I’m going to deal with them all summer long, might as well start with some fresh plants. I got that cloning gel for my Newty science project I never used 🤪 time to figure that out I guess : )

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Morning up date. Pots are getting lighter faster than I expected. Im probably going to give them a water/feed tomorrow. I’m pretty sure the Raskals dont like the light they are getting and the XX’s cant get enough(might have to do some more heeehaaaaw shit in the room to even that out). Pulled the plug on the outdoor plants I have going, they are in the hands of backyard gods now (going to get some clones of the females indoors). Otherwise nothing too crazy to report (keeping an eye on the “light burn”). Until next time!

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Ok so haven’t taken clones yet ( coming up with all kinds of excuses not to🙄😂). But I did mix the grow food with the transition food this last watering/feeding(I think I did this later on Thursday without looking at the calendar). The plants responded well, they are drinking through the water quickly so im going to start feeding and watering a bit more (frequently).
Back to taking clones, I read that giving the plants a lower nitrogen food is better, because it is pushing the leaf building type response in the plant and not so much root response, where as the K maybe? Is what would trigger more of the root response which is obviously better when doing clones. Anyways that was a high ass ramble, if you’re still here im planning on doing another feed with the food and transition and then maybe once more after that then ill switch to the transition and bloom feed along with flipping the light schedule🤷🏼‍♂️ I’m thinking about taking the tops of the plants to even out the canopy and use them as the clones, IS THIS A STUPID IDEA? I know it’s ok to do during certain times just not sure if im out of that window without hurting the plant or really messing the yield up? These pics were taken last night may 3rd.
Im also noticing what I think is a light burn on the two Raskals (which has been an on going issue lol)
IMG 6182
IMG 6183
IMG 6184
IMG 6185
IMG 6186

Top Bottom