Grow Jo.

• Thread starter brethehitman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brethehitman

brethehitman

I am going to start a grow journal here so I can get some help as I go down this path. I am working with regular seeds. I popped blueberry x blueberry x Chemdog #4, papaya x grape God, secret OG, kong x 818 headband and some sour tahoe. The mother plant I have I am not sure on the genetics.

They are all in a local super soil. I did a feeding today of just some roots excel at 5.9ph. The mother and about 5 or 6 of the seedlings got topped or fimmed yesterday.

They are growing in a 2x4 tent with a 600w LED.

The mother looks a little droopy today I'm hoping its just from topping her yesterday. Any advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced. More posts will follow as I progress.

Grow jo
Grow jo 2
Grow jo 3
Grow jo 4
Grow jo 5
Grow jo 6
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I am going to start a grow journal here so I can get some help as I go down this path. I am working with regular seeds. I popped blueberry x blueberry x Chemdog #4, papaya x grape God, secret OG, kong x 818 headband and some sour tahoe. The mother plant I have I am not sure on the genetics.

They are all in a local super soil. I did a feeding today of just some roots excel at 5.9ph. The mother and about 5 or 6 of the seedlings got topped or fimmed yesterday.

They are growing in a 2x4 tent with a 600w LED.

The mother looks a little droopy today I'm hoping its just from topping her yesterday. Any advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced. More posts will follow as I progress.
look good,but id raise the ph up to 6.5 in soil and wouldnt use any nutes for at least 3 weeks if it is super soil

brethehitman

brethehitman

Thanks for the advice on the super soil. I should have noted that this is my first time growing in a super soil so any advice is much appreciated. What should I be feeding, just pH'ed water, not even some molasses? I was going to brew a very weak EWC tea with some black strap molasses in it, should I wait on that?

I also wanted to note that I'm currently using tap water, but I aerated it for about 15 hours before use. The only food I have given them was the house and gardens roots excel and it was at quarter strength.

look good,but id raise the ph up to 6.5 in soil and wouldnt use any nutes for at least 3 weeks if it is super soil

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thanks for the advice on the super soil. I should have noted that this is my first time growing in a super soil so any advice is much appreciated. What should I be feeding, just pH'ed water, not even some molasses? I was going to brew a very weak EWC tea with some black strap molasses in it, should I wait on that?

I also wanted to note that I'm currently using tap water, but I aerated it for about 15 hours before use. The only food I have given them was the house and gardens roots excel and it was at quarter strength.
i would run just water to the plant told me other wise and then it would be tea,your gonna have to stay away from nutes friend,the reason it is called super soil is it is loaded with cooked in nutrients and as you see the little droop ,that is border line of to many nutes at that stage of growth,dont rush it friend or you will regret it,just water ph at 6.5,if you were running in soil instead of man made soil which come to find out from labs that do soil health test,all we grow are medincine in is considered potting soil ,not soil wild isnt it,soil compisition is a whole difrent critter,so in soil you ph nothing,true soil in potting soil you do,man made soil doesnt have the buffering effect as many think,but does if you dig what im saying,ph at 6.5 and water only would be what i do

brethehitman

brethehitman

i would run just water to the plant told me other wise and then it would be tea,your gonna have to stay away from nutes friend,the reason it is called super soil is it is loaded with cooked in nutrients and as you see the little droop ,that is border line of to many nutes at that stage of growth,dont rush it friend or you will regret it,just water ph at 6.5,if you were running in soil instead of man made soil which come to find out from labs that do soil health test,all we grow are medincine in is considered potting soil ,not soil wild isnt it,soil compisition is a whole difrent critter,so in soil you ph nothing,true soil in potting soil you do,man made soil doesnt have the buffering effect as many think,but does if you dig what im saying,ph at 6.5 and water only would be what i do
Thanks! I like what you said about letting the plants tell me when they need something. I'll just let them let me know when they need some food and go from there.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

soil is just a big ole filter friend,you exchange the salt threw runoff,but on other hand to much runoff washes all you bioligy away,so food for thought,dont over nute them and you dont have to worry of salt buildup,when you feed heavy even once a week you build up salt to a extint,so when folk say run 10 times the amount of pot and flush there stupid and giving you the recipe for making mud and starting over with growing your bioligy back up,the action in the pot is what you feed ,not the plant,the plant only takes what is needed the rest just sit there,if your cation exchange capicity is off it will lock to which ever mineral is more potent,usally phosphrus,why because the frosted flake effect every one wants,if you feed even balance every time and moderatly you have no problems,this is were tea is your best bet,if you want to try and make it just bust out running and finish quick,work more on lighting and the envorement they live in instead

brethehitman

brethehitman

soil is just a big ole filter friend,you exchange the salt threw runoff,but on other hand to much runoff washes all you bioligy away,so food for thought,dont over nute them and you dont have to worry of salt buildup,when you feed heavy even once a week you build up salt to a extint,so when folk say run 10 times the amount of pot and flush there stupid and giving you the recipe for making mud and starting over with growing your bioligy back up,the action in the pot is what you feed ,not the plant,the plant only takes what is needed the rest just sit there,if your cation exchange capicity is off it will lock to which ever mineral is more potent,usally phosphrus,why because the frosted flake effect every one wants,if you feed even balance every time and moderatly you have no problems,this is were tea is your best bet,if you want to try and make it just bust out running and finish quick,work more on lighting and the envorement they live in instead
Words of wisdom. Thank you!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thanks! I like what you said about letting the plants tell me when they need something. I'll just let them let me know when they need some food and go from there.
you will know when something has changed,hell most of us eye mug there ass every day hahahah they have a tell tale you will see it,what i do when i water is as soon as i see water come from bottom of pot i stop,so you think well it just running threw,in black pots probally is,the heat from lights dry the sides making gaps,so best thing to do is give it a quick shot of water just a little move to next plant and keep going to your have gave all of them about a cup or so of water,let it sit there a minute,that you put in might had run all the way out as you think ,but when it was it was sucking in some around the edges of pot while it did,and when it did it expanded closing the gap ,so then you can water to you have the water just coming from pot and then you got it all the way threw you dig what im saying,hope so,just keep inmind 20 to 30% runoff in soil means the same amount just washed out the pot but did it ,you cant tell unless you had lab equitment ,but washing out means def later down the road from salt build up or washing all the goodies from the pot,so best practice is feed light and not so often ,i do feed once a week,if they look hungry before then water only

brethehitman

brethehitman

Just some update photos. The little girls (hopefully) are doing really well. Growing a ton everyday. Let me know if you see any issues. It looks like only 2 might have to be tossed. They are just much smaller and growing at a much slower rate than the rest. I'll give them a week or 2 to try and catch up.

Does anyone have any sexting techniques. I was just going to grow them out a little and then cut a clone off each and flower the plant to see what's Male and what's female. I dont want to have to re veg anything if I dont have to. Any and all suggestions are much appreciated.

20191029 103105
20191029 103101
20191029 103045
20191029 103059
brethehitman

brethehitman

Just got back to the plants after a nice trip home to see the girls. So far so good. I don't see any major issue with them. I went away for 5 days and gave them a heavy watering before I left. They are all due for a nice watering tomorrow morning.

I topped all of the plants today. What's everyone's strategy with topping seedlings. When do you start?

The mother plant, who is not in super soil is acting a little weird. One side of her looked super healthy and a branch or 2 on the other side of her is droopy. I'm going to give her a light veg feeding in the AM and see what she does. I also want to get her out of the soil shes in and get her into the super soil. Any recommendations or thoughts on this? Is it a risk?

I'll post some pics of her this week. Most of these photos are of the seedlings. About 3 weeks now.

20191104 202813
20191104 202816
20191104 202806
20191104 202810
20191104 202821
20191104 202825
20191104 202803
brethehitman

brethehitman

Hey everyone. Its been a little while since I last posted. Work and life got in the way.

Im having some kind of issue going on with a couple of my seedlings. Not sure if its pests or light damage or from letting them get to dry one weekend or nutrient burn. The only thing I've fed them is a super low dose of roots excel. The water has been anywhere from 6.0 to 6.45 pH.

Take a look and let me know what your thoughts are. I've been keeping it super clean but I think I'm about to start spraying them with some horticultural oil. Any advice on spraying plants? How long should I keep them in the dark after the treatment to avoid leaf burns?

Thanks for your help.

20191116 112706
20191116 112901
20191116 112744
20191116 112808
20191116 112641
Top Bottom