Grow Journal #1 - Gazzurple - Humbolt Seed Company

• Thread starter CannabInsomniac
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannabInsomniac

CannabInsomniac

Hey Folks!

I've been logging my grows for a while now, but never as an online grow journal.
Pardon any clunkiness, as I get use to this publishing format.

This will be my 4th and final grow since fall.
I've given up on fighting temperature and humidity battles during the summer months.

Quick starter stats:
  • Method: Germination​
  • Cultivar: Gazzurple (Humboldt Seed Co.)​
  • Indoor/Outdoor: Indoor​
  • Medium: Soil / 'Coast of Maine - Stonington Blend '​
  • Environment:​
    • Veg:​
      • Tent: 2' x 2' x 4' AC Infinity
      • Exhaust: 4" Cloudline​
      • Lamp: 2' x 1' / 4 bulb / T5​
      • Cycle: 18hr. on / 6hr. off​

Popping some seeds

Germinated using the good old 'damp paper towel' method, under a bowl raised up from a heating mat set on low:
Seedpop1

36hrs later.. pop,pop,pop,pop,pop:
Seedpop2

Planting

Planting the germinated seeds into little pots, about 1/2 inch deep (pencil eraser), tap root down:
Soilholes

Transported using sterilized tweezers:
Tweezerseed

Then moved into the Veg tent:
Plantedtotent

That's where things sit as of yesterday morning.
I'll post more after they sprout.

Last edited:
CannabInsomniac

CannabInsomniac

One week above ground. Some air, humidity, and a little protection.

I've kicked on the humidity, keeping it around 72% (Inkbird controller). No nutrients yet, just healthy soil. A non-oscillating fan is in place. It kicks in when the humidifier turns on. It serves to diffuse the steam a bit, and creates enough air movement to give the little ladies just a little bit of wiggle at the stem. The fan is not aimed directly at the seedlings.

I've added a little diatomaceous earth to help inoculate the soil from a gnat issue I'm dealing with in another tent ( I have some Jelly Donutz running in my flowering tent).

The seedling are also benefiting from 12hrs of C02 @ 1000 ppm. It's not really for them... (the C02 is there for the flowering Jelly Donutz) but they live in the same sealed room.

The T5s are sitting about 5 inches above the Veg canopy, and my 4" AC Infinity Cloudline is purging the air from the 2x2x4 tent every 6 minutes (3min on 6min off)

20240111 142451

20240111 142439

20240109 190855

Bilber

Bilber

Final?

You're not throwing in the towel after this run are you?

CannabInsomniac

CannabInsomniac

Final?

You're not throwing in the towel after this run are you?
Hah!
No, but I'm so glad you asked Bilber!

This is my final run until the end of summer, when humidity and heat become easier to control.
This last summer was a brutal fight.

By the time I noticed that the comment "This will be my 4th and final grow since fall." didn't read the way I intended, it was to late to go back and edit.

I love consuming cannabis, but even more so... I'm thoroughly addicted to growing it!

Thanks for asking... I've actually been waiting for the chance to clarify.

Bilber

Bilber

Hah!
No, but I'm so glad you asked Bilber!

This is my final run until the end of summer, when humidity and heat become easier to control.
This last summer was a brutal fight.

By the time I noticed that the comment "This will be my 4th and final grow since fall." didn't read the way I intended, it was to late to go back and edit.

I love consuming cannabis, but even more so... I'm thoroughly addicted to growing it!

Thanks for asking... I've actually been waiting for the chance to clarify.
Great news...

Long story short....my friend kept me growing......I cannot thank him enough!

So I'll save my response in hopes of saving them....

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
What the hell are you gonna do with yourself all summer? Can’t grow outside is it this summer?😀 Sorry! Sometimes I forget that some people actually have a life!

Last edited:
CannabInsomniac

CannabInsomniac

What the hell are you gonna do with yourself all summer? Can’t grow outside is it this summer?😀 Sorry! Sometimes I forget that some people actually have a life!
Right..?!?!

The way I see it, I'll probably bask in the zero responsibility glow for a couple of weeks or so. Then I'll start rebuilding my environments (over and over). Deep deep cleanings. I also want to get better with soil building so there's some learning opportunities.

I DO have a backlog of seeds though. Some might accidentally drop into the outside garden ;)

Also.. it's summer, so music/road trips/time with friends and family/sunshine/etc. It's fun to be the one with all of the cannabis to hand out to folks. Feels good to be able to be 'that guy'.

Right now... summer seems so far away.
Being under the grow lights really lifts my mood during the short dark days of the winter months.

Latest posts

Top Bottom