Grow Journals?

• Thread starter Casper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Casper

When starting a grow journal what exactly should be recorded and how often should entry's be made?

drunknbass

drunknbass

When starting a grow journal what exactly should be recorded and how often should entry's be made?
im actually building a service which will allow you to 'log' your grow. You can take pics, record nute levels, temps, ec, ph, etc on a daily basis(which answers your question).

the website and iphone/ipad apps wont be ready for a few weeks though.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
Casper, are you asking about posting a grow diary or a journal for your own use?

C

Casper

Casper, are you asking about posting a grow diary or a journal for your own use?

For my own use. I am getting prepared to start my own grow (1st time) and I want to properly record all important information.

C

Casper

im actually building a service which will allow you to 'log' your grow. You can take pics, record nute levels, temps, ec, ph, etc on a daily basis(which answers your question).

Awesome! Do you know of any spreadsheet templates that can be downloaded to use?

Papa

Papa

Supporter

the difficulty with the examples i've seen in the past, for this sort of thing, has been security. who else has/may be able to gain access to information that you might not want others to have. and really, i see no need to access this online, i can access my logs from my hard drive just fine.

i use a simple spreadsheet. date & time, equipment being utilized, air temp, rh, water temp, pH, tds, co2 levels, settings on all equipment. i then write about changes and issues, expectations and results, etc. and i add photos. i keep detailed notes on nute mixes and rez changes. depending on what's going on in the garden, i may have two entries each day . . . or twelve.

as a companion, i have a notebook that i've compiled of information in regarding most issues that i may run across. everything from seed storage to curing. that's a couple of hundred of pages that's organized into sections and indexed so that i can put my finger onto information very quickly.

jagle

jagle

i find writting things down (ina book or on computer ) easiest.

how often and what you record in your book is up too you, might be a good idea to record temp ranges and humidity ranges for your first grow every day.
write down nutes, when and how much.
and anything you notice bout the plants

Top Bottom