Grow Light Cable Interference????

• Thread starter MrBlue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrBlue

MrBlue

Im a new grower, with basic equipment. Right now all I have is a 96w T5HO. I'm currently looking into buying a 600w HPS with a digital or electronic ballast. I've done some research and came across a thread that these things can cause cable interference, problems with wifi. Both sides of my street have wifi and cable tv so is it a real concern to run this thing.

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
Im a new grower, with basic equipment. Right now all I have is a 96w T5HO. I'm currently looking into buying a 600w HPS with a digital or electronic ballast. I've done some research and came across a thread that these things can cause cable interference, problems with wifi. Both sides of my street have wifi and cable tv so is it a real concern to run this thing.
Welcome to the farm!

If everything is grounded properly it shouldn't be a concern.

MrBlue

MrBlue

Og Godifferencepost: 1693075 said:
Welcome to the farm!

If everything is grounded properly it shouldn't be a concern.
Is there any difference between an electronic and digital ballast? Which one would be better to purchase?

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
Is there any difference between an electronic and digital ballast? Which one would be better to purchase?

Electronic Vs Digital Ballasts
Electronic ballasts are not the same as Digital Ballasts. Both ballasts share similar components but the electronic ballast does not have a brain. The electronic ballasts, Future Brite, Lumatek (the list goes on) regulate output voltage and current based upon fixed parameters, where the digital ballasts such as the Life Light Technologies Solar E-Ballast has a microprocessor that controls the output to the bulb. The Digital ballasts also communicate with the bulbs and report their health, a feature the electronic ballasts wish they had.

So what difference does a microprocessor make? It makes a fair amount of difference. Digital ballasts won't attempt to light a bulb if it senses a failure. Digital ballasts are continually monitoring and checking the input and output voltage and current to maximize bulb life, color and illumination (brightness).

I hope this clears up the difference between Digital Ballasts and Electronic ballasts. Digital Ballasts are electronic ballasts on steroids. And the difference can be seen!

Top Bottom