Grow medium suggestions for autoflower

• Thread starter cam3ron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cam3ron

cam3ron

I am new at growing weed and I have grown one photoperiod plant. I recently purchased Critical Mass autoflower seeds from ILGM but am unsure of what grow medium to use. I used FFOF for the photoperiod plant but I have read online that it is "too hot" for autoflowers. Any suggestions or advice would really be appreciated.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I am new at growing weed and I have grown one photoperiod plant. I recently purchased Critical Mass autoflower seeds from ILGM but am unsure of what grow medium to use. I used FFOF for the photoperiod plant but I have read online that it is "too hot" for autoflowers. Any suggestions or advice would really be appreciated.
I use ProMix or Sunshine Mix or any peat based mix for photo or auto. I don't use loaded soil I add what the plants need with fertilizers once a week. I find loaded like FF soils cause more problems than having successful grows. I'm not seeing Auto's needs much different than photo's I grow mainly photo but I personally don't do anything different for auto's.

savagemonk

savagemonk

Reply I do Mr. Canucks formula from YouTube. He uses 50/50 blend of bloom and all purpose Gaia organic fertilizer (3 tbsp per gallon, 20% EWC) Bulk soil substrate is peat or coco or both, with fresh home made worm castings.
Here is an Auto Amnesia Haze from Canuck seeds almost ready for harvest
0271476C 4968 47FC A5EE D496630139B0
914E798F BA29 44A4 B596 FAB3E01B49CE

sp838

sp838

Hello, reviving this old thread in case anyone else would like to chime in. I too am a new grower, attempting my first grow with autoflower seeds. I just ordered a bag of Pro-Mix HP after hearing this would be better than traditional potting soil, should be here Friday, and looking for more insights while I wait for my sprouts to turn into seedlings.

@cam3ron -- if you're still around, how did it end up going for you?

chuck88

chuck88

Hello, reviving this old thread in case anyone else would like to chime in. I too am a new grower, attempting my first grow with autoflower seeds. I just ordered a bag of Pro-Mix HP after hearing this would be better than traditional potting soil, should be here Friday, and looking for more insights while I wait for my sprouts to turn into seedlings.

@cam3ron -- if you're still around, how did it end up going for you?
That's what I use !

Just be aware there are no nutrients in ProMix HP, I start feeding right from the start with a light mix of Mega Crop one part.

I also run half of my plants with General Hydroponics MaxiGro/Bloom, again feed right from the start.

Basically half of their recommendation from their on line feed charts for both nutrient lines and slowly increase amounts.

To dial in the feed I watch the bottom fan leaves, when I see slight yellowing I increase feed by .5g/4L

Wet/dry cycle, feed with every watering...

Cheers

E

Edinburg

Well I have been running autoflowers for 10+ years, there a funny plant as if the breeder does not get all his crosses right you will have problems, they hate stress and you don't transplant, so I now know all the reputable breeders so don't usually have problems with beans, I keep things very simple I feed from day 1, but it is botanacare pro grow very light food, sometimes you have to prune a bit, but when I flower them I go real light, I use Atami Bloombastic 15ml per USgal then waterd down, I dropped my phone in the ocean with all my pics, I have 3 pics critical chem stomper witch is an F1 and giveing me fits tight internodal spacing and slow branch growth had to prune off allot but in the end she will put out, and an alien berry plant I grew in 1gal of dirt ruined the leaf but got 1/4oz of trim and flower, ffof is a good mix happy frog is hotter never used pro mix, advice use clay pebbles for good drainage this is a must, you will probably have to add pearlite for nitro and airation as I have to do with ffof, my hydro guy recommended everything I use and except for an ocasanal bad bean don't usually run into trouble. If you run into trouble I will help you.

IMG 20221204 093640
IMG 20230102 081721
IMG 20230102 081721
chuck88

chuck88

FYI > I do not use pebbles on the bottom, just straight out of the bag ProMix HP in 3 gallon fabric bags.

From my last full auto grow, seeds from autoflower dot ca.

Smallest was a Purple Silverback, 6.1 oz...

PS horizontal 13 Apr web

Largest, Gorilla Glue #4, 11g short of a pound....

GG4 left side vertical

Cheers

Latest posts

Top Bottom