Trade Grow Regular Seeds, then Re-sell later. Restrictions?

• Thread starter trello321
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

trello321

Hello - i'm new to growing. If i buy regular seeds like this, and I grow them well, harvest the seeds and re-sell. Is there any restrictions on me selling those? thank you

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Howdy, and welcome to the Farm! 🤠

First of all, it wouldn't be cool to try to reproduce seeds from someone/somewhere else and then market them as your own, so as long as you're not doing that, I don't see a problem with it.

Do you know how to breed and create feminized seeds? This is an important factor to consider. If you don't have experience making fem. seeds I wouldn't recommend you try to market an experiment.

If you have any questions, though, feel free to ask!

🤠

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I'd never say they were my own, just keep the name or original. For feminized, I'll need to do some research to do it right from regular. - looks like I can make feminized from regular

Yeah feminized seeds are a little easier to market and are usually preferred by most growers. I'd say, some things to consider, first of all you're going to be breeding, so having a sealed room or place to do said breeding would be a huge help. You don't want any cross-pollination from other strains if you're trying to make a true copy of the seeds you're trying to produce. I would highly discourage anyone from attempting to do this outdoors especially if you live in an area where other cannabis plants are growing. Cross-pollination is such a problem, the state of Colorado actually held a study on it just recently.

So, having a sealed room for breeding is highly recommended. Good luck and let us know how it goes, and of course don't be afraid to ask questions!
🤠

T

TokiWartooth

Hello - i'm new to growing. If i buy regular seeds like this, and I grow them well, harvest the seeds and re-sell. Is there any restrictions on me selling those? thank you
Make sure to check your local laws for your city and state. You have to have a license to sell the seeds in some places. Otherwise you should be good.

Top Bottom