Grow room advise, thank you all

• Thread starter HitTheHazards
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HitTheHazards

Hey fellow farmers,
I have a spare room in my place that I would like to soon have occupied by a hydroponic grow system. I have grown successfully before (WW) but with soil and a mediocre light. I am currently in a full internet search for the appropriate hydro system for the space alloted.
The room that I plan on using is 6' x 6' and has a window that I plan on using for flowering ventilation. (see photo) I have been search a few good websites and have had my eye on Stealth Hydro's
Bubbleponics™ Pro Expandable Kit
http://www.StealthHydroponics.com/product.php?xProd=84&xSec=34
My plan is also get two sets of 65 watt flourescent(2 lights for veg. chamber and 2 lights for flowering chamber)
Dual Spectrum 65 High Output Fluorescent Light Kit
http://www.StealthHydroponics.com/product.php?xProd=58&xSec=40
Which is also by Steal Hydro. I will separate the two grow buckets with some white tagboard surrounding 3 sides of each bucket. I will set two veg. lights in the veg chamber. and two flower lights in the flower chamber. I am going with some Northern Light seed SOG style. As far as the smell, I believe that I will use a window fan and eventually invest in a small carbon filter.

As for room efficiency and price. Do you believe that this set will produce a considerable yield? Is there anything else I should consider? Am I forgetting anything to get started. I believe that the kit comes with everything I need to get started. Will the four 65 watt lights do the trick with my setup?

Thank you guys emencely for the help.

HitTheHazards

p.s.
my growroom is 6 feet by 6 feet of "usable space" It is actually larger, but the excess space is needed for mobility. I also have a window in the dead center of the wall in the room.

A

Attis

Hey fellow farmers,
I have a spare room in my place that I would like to soon have occupied by a hydroponic grow system. I have grown successfully before (WW) but with soil and a mediocre light. I am currently in a full internet search for the appropriate hydro system for the space alloted.
The room that I plan on using is 6' x 6' and has a window that I plan on using for flowering ventilation. (see photo) I have been search a few good websites and have had my eye on Stealth Hydro's
Bubbleponics™ Pro Expandable Kit
http://www.StealthHydroponics.com/product.php?xProd=84&xSec=34
My plan is also get two sets of 65 watt flourescent(2 lights for veg. chamber and 2 lights for flowering chamber)
Dual Spectrum 65 High Output Fluorescent Light Kit
http://www.StealthHydroponics.com/product.php?xProd=58&xSec=40
Which is also by Steal Hydro. I will separate the two grow buckets with some white tagboard surrounding 3 sides of each bucket. I will set two veg. lights in the veg chamber. and two flower lights in the flower chamber. I am going with some Northern Light seed SOG style. As far as the smell, I believe that I will use a window fan and eventually invest in a small carbon filter.

As for room efficiency and price. Do you believe that this set will produce a considerable yield? Is there anything else I should consider? Am I forgetting anything to get started. I believe that the kit comes with everything I need to get started. Will the four 65 watt lights do the trick with my setup?

Thank you guys emencely for the help.

HitTheHazards

p.s.
my growroom is 6 feet by 6 feet of "usable space" It is actually larger, but the excess space is needed for mobility. I also have a window in the dead center of the wall in the room.

You won't get much of a yield from using just those lights and they certainly won't be enough to cover each of the areas. I am guessing that you are planning on splitting the 6x6 either in half giving you 2 3x3 areas or maybe utilizing as much as 4x4 for bloom. If so, then you will 4-6 of those lights at best.

Why are you planning on using CFLs vs HPS? You would be better off using a 250w HPS instead of what you mentioned. However, if you insist on using the CFLs then I would suggest reading Buds for less by SeeMoreBuds

Good luck and stay safe!

-A

S

SkyHi

Yea i would completely rethink the WHOLE plan IMHO, IM NO EXPERT

1. i would separate the two rooms veg/flower
2. i would spend my money on REAL lighting other than those "bubbleponic" systems.
3. if money is an issue start out using soil/soiless mediums.
4. i would design MORE than adaquite ventilation.

I think the biggest mistake would be to underlight/vent since those are two of the most critical spects of growing indoor.

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
what he said!, fuck everything else, just get good sodium lights for flowering and good ventilation this is critical!

H

HitTheHazards

Thank you guys for all of your advise. The main reason that I was going to chose CFL over the HPS was for of course, financial reasons. I have done some more searching though based on your advise and I have found some good deals on used HPS set ups. I've particularly had my eye on a 400w HPS for flowering and I was considering still using the CFL's maybe 4 in the veg chamber. As far as ventilation, I still need some help. The room is open (hallways on either side, rather than one door). There is one window in the room too that I eventually would like to utilize. any suggestions on my lighting idea and ventilation idea?

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
Whats up hazards? You can save money by buying a ballast kit. We can help you wire it up, they're easy as shit. And you can get a used blower off of ebay, and use that for ventilation.

B

BLAZZEDUPP420

Go to stealth hydro.com for bigger cfl lights 450 watts

Top Bottom