Grow Room Electrical

• Thread starter hiboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SmokeyMcP0t

Yes the chiller already has power, The main 40 amp 220 power to the chiler, as well as the two temperature controllers, however the power is being stopped in the chiller after the first controller. I may just have to break down and call an hvac person because I have tried many different ways to connect this.

Natural

Natural

Your wiring is way off. Out of the 2 hot wires going from the panel to the chiller..you should cut/break one of the hots at the controller and plug the wire coming from the panel side into slot "c". Then plug the other side of that same cut into slot N/O that leads to the chiller. So basically just breaking 1 hot wire into that controller. That should do the trick. I have no idea why you mention a second controller. This is about the most advice I can offer. good luck

Natural

Natural

you're going to need to be able to know how to use a meter to test the relays. If that's outside of your skill set..I recommend calling in the hvac guy..sorry

incogneato

incogneato

Ask away I've been busy
I have a question and I know you're the go to guy. I generally don't like to run electric but for the sake of discression I want to wire my grow room if possible. I had a question about running 220. I want to know what the best way to run more than one outlet of off a 220 run

hiboy

hiboy

I currently have 3 gavitas is plugged into 2 -220 volt Outlets. I make sure to pigtail the outlets so no power goes through them. This is in a room of 20 gavitas. every 3 is on its own 220 volt 20 amp

incogneato

incogneato

I currently have 3 gavitas is plugged into 2 -220 volt Outlets. I make sure to pigtail the outlets so no power goes through them. This is in a room of 20 gavitas. every 3 is on its own 220 volt 20 amp
Thanks for the reply, what gauge wire would I be safe with?

hiboy

hiboy

Well code for 20 amp is 12 gauge wire. As long as you're not going more than a hundred feet. If over then you could step it up to number 10

incogneato

incogneato

Well code for 20 amp is 12 gauge wire. As long as you're not going more than a hundred feet. If over then you could step it up to number 10
Sorry for the noob questions. Haven't ran 220/240 more than a stove hookup once lol

hiboy

hiboy

No problemo glad to help I'm not able to get on much anymore I have a 50 light setup going on and another 18 light setup going on plus I run a business and have twins I'm really not here much anymore
I'm going to try to check every couple days now

incogneato

incogneato

No problemo glad to help I'm not able to get on much anymore I have a 50 light setup going on and another 18 light setup going on plus I run a business and have twins I'm really not here much anymore
I'm going to try to check every couple days now
That's one hell of a full plate! Best of luck and thanks again

Frank0

Frank0

Hi. Planning on 6 to 8 315's daisy chained. Electriction is going to install a 20amp 240w double outlet. Anyone help with a good timer for 240w to plug into outlet and then plug 1st daisy chain light to? Thanks.

Natural

Natural

Hi. Planning on 6 to 8 315's daisy chained. Electriction is going to install a 20amp 240w double outlet. Anyone help with a good timer for 240w to plug into outlet and then plug 1st daisy chain light to? Thanks.
The only ones I can think of are electromechanical hot water or hot tub timers.
Something like this. But nothing that will plug into a duplex. It will have to be hard-wired.

Natural

Natural

How about something like this Only need one plug. The salesman at BLI said should work for up to 8 315's daisy chained on 20a 240w outlet, sound ok? Or this http://growershouse.com/intermatic-heavy-duty-plug-in-240-volt-timer
A quick search yielded that the LEC's @240v use 1.5 amps..I don't know if they need more amps for ramping up a coil like magnetic ballasts or not. But taking that into consideration you will have 12 amps on that line. The Titan says max 10 amps. The Intermatic for an AC doesn't state the amps but the wattage 3,750 @ 24ov..so 3750w divided by 240v is 15.625 amps.
So that one could work..I would personally feel more comfortable with a 20 amp timer and just hard wire that sucker before the duplex outlet. Not sure why he is installing a duplex either. Why not just a single outlet?

Frank0

Frank0

Thanks Nat. I asked him for a duplex, just in case i needed another outlet but not really needed. Better just a single?

Natural

Natural

Thanks Nat. I asked him for a duplex, just in case i needed another outlet but not really needed. Better just a single?
Just curious..they're not very common in the States. Those plug-in timers have a way of taking up the whole duplex fwiw. The duplex install is a no-brainer..and cheaper. I'd pretty much rather have 2 single outlets mounted in a double gang box..but it would have to be deep, to make pigtails, as they shouldn't be run in series.
That timer looks a bit beefier. Affordable too..I still like digital better over the pin-wheel..just cost more and needs to be wired

Top Bottom