grow room electrical

• Thread starter scratchgrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
scratchgrow

scratchgrow

i have 10 plugs on a 15 amp 120/240 vac circuit in a room.i have 2 centrifugal fans 120v;115 watts and 121watt;110v respectively,2 other small oscillating fans,a 1000 watt light and a T5 grow light.in all i wouldve used 6 of the 10 total plugs so could i just plug them up and get to work with out breaking the circuit or overriding anything?

thanks in advance

SunGrown

SunGrown

230 watts vortec fans
+100 watts regular fans
+1000 watts hps
+200 watts t5 (probably more watts on the t5?)

That is over the 15 amp rating

Not a good or acceptible set up

correct me on the actual wattages if I am wrong

a 15 amp circuit should only run 10 amps for you to sleep well!

SunGrown

SunGrown

I was thinking this over, and depending on your wire in the walls(guage wise) you may be able to just swap out the 15 amp fuse in the box with a 20 amp, but be sure the wire guage can handle 1500 watts continuous. Even though it may not be continuous always plan as if it were for safety sake

SunGrown

SunGrown

another bit of advice for you

I always rewire any pre-existing room I have used. Go get some 10 gauge wire and some new receptacles etc and run a whole new electrical for the room. You don't have to run it in the walls, you can run it along the ceiling and tack it in place. And then run the main connection from a junction box or preferably a whole room greenhouse controller to the main panel.

A slight pain in the ass but the safest way to know your wires will not melt on you. If you are in old construction especially.

scratchgrow

scratchgrow

i was thinking the same but i dont have access to to be changing wires

scratchgrow

scratchgrow

i like your idea.so how would i go about doing this.wouldnt i need some 20 amp wire and some other fixtures.i want to get as much understanding to do this because of security reasons.what would i need to get.i have a 120/240 vac main panel with 3 free slots for breaker switches

SunGrown

SunGrown

I could spell it out but it may not be clear. If you have access to a book store or library see if you can get a copy of electrical for dummies book, or any good book with pics and easy to follow descriptions (def not meant to imply you are dumb!)

Or do a search on youtube on running an extra circuit from your panel. I feel pictures or videos are gonna help you more than me typing a lot of paragraphs

But if you have questions after you research some more definitely feel free to ask...I have done just about it all when it comes to electrical

scratchgrow

scratchgrow

I could spell it out but it may not be clear. If you have access to a book store or library see if you can get a copy of electrical for dummies book, or any good book with pics and easy to follow descriptions (def not meant to imply you are dumb!)

Or do a search on youtube on running an extra circuit from your panel. I feel pictures or videos are gonna help you more than me typing a lot of paragraphs

But if you have questions after you research some more definitely feel free to ask...I have done just about it all when it comes to electrical
thanks for that i will surely look into that and learn what i need to.peace.ill keep u posted

Latest posts

Top Bottom