Grow Room Setup

• Thread starter cowboyup
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cowboyup

So I have a 8x8x8 room with 4 1000w hps 8" blockbuster hoods. My room is sealed with no c02. 2 can fans 745cfm blowing through the lights. Inside the room I have another can fan 645cfm sitting on a crab filter. Along with 2 wall mount fans. I have a 6000btu ac and it keeps my heat at 81. I'm going to a bigger unit and I was thinking 12000 btu would be fine. Any suggestions would be great.
Btu ratings
Energy efficient
Brand that will last for a few years.
Any ANY EXPERIENCE on what you run.

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
For 4 1k watt lights you gonna need 2tons ac. I recommend mini split system 230v with inverter drive on compressor. Get 2 mini splits so if 1 fails the other can get you by until repaired. If your room is sealed you need co2. If you don't install co2 you need to have an outside air duct installed to make up co2 and also have to relief the pressure from that.

C

cowboyup

I don't have negative pressure. No exhaust or intake. Room is built in a garage. So the 2 can fans are mounted outside the room up top and pulling the garage air through the lights only. My Temps right now are 81 with a 6k ac unit. Why would I need that much ac? I know a general rule of thumb... 3500-4000 btu per light but I just want to cool it maybe another 3 degrees

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
6k btu ac per light normally is what it is. If you pulling air through a garage it is not sealed.

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
Sorry man trying to picture your setup. So you don't have any co2 or intake and exhaust air in your grow space? Only ac?

C

cowboyup

Ok so... fans mount outside the room. I cut a 7 7/8 hole for 8" ducting. Then another hole on the other side. So the ducting can go out and up into the ceiling. So my grow room is sealed. It also has been sealed with caulking. So therefore I have no leaks. I could be wrong. But that's a sealed room right?

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
The ac is saving you from high humidity during the day but when the lights go out the humidity will rise. So u also gonna need a dehumidifier in that sealed space with co2 if you can't bring in fresh air and exhaust the warm moist air.

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Your gunna need something to inject co2 in that room, well unless your gunna sit in there all day. Your also gunna need a dehuy other wise it's gunna be raining in ur room...

-lurkin

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

The ac is saving you from high humidity during the day but when the lights go out the humidity will rise. So u also gonna need a dehumidifier in that sealed space with co2 if you can't bring in fresh air and exhaust the warm moist air.

You beat me brother lol

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
I have it all cluttered in my head information overload trying to spit it out lmao :rolleyes:

C

cowboyup

I hear ya working on a dehumidifier now. I do like ideal air 70 pint unless you guys and have different options. I'm always up to hear new things

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Why go thru all of the build with just enough, your Gunna end up with subpar profromance. We have all gone thru this, learn from others mistakes unless you have some money to burn.

C

cowboyup

Not a lot of money lol. I just joined. Goggle has been my go to for growing. I'm not to sure how I feel about a site I post things on. Lol. But after 5 years indoor growing and 8 years outdoors I've took the plunge.

C

cowboyup

Sure is I have had no problems so far. Just want to lower the temp a bit more. And I'm taking that ac out and building another room. Well extending it.

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
Just a suggestion @cowboyup go to the search above and type in dehumidifier and there are a bunch of threads right up your alley.

Top Bottom