Grow room standards - Good housekeeping/Entry and Exit procedures

• Thread starter Dr.B
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr.B

Dr.B

Good morning farmers, welcome to pest season!!!

I'm blessed to live at a latitude where we experience an annual insect die off but that being said, even through the winter, I practice these simple rules to easily keep my tents pest free. I have had bugs before, once was enough.

1- Clean your tent, attached outer spaces and equipment regularly! Full sanitization between crops with weekly lighter cleaning passes throughout the grow.
2- Don't go straight into your indoor grow from outside. Shower first! Have clean clothing/shoes that are specific for grow room use at the ready. Don't wear them around after use, leave them near the tent or wash them for next time.
3- Install a hand sanitizer pump and use it before entering your grow space.
4- Clean yourself regularly!! A clean grower is a must!!
2- Filter your air intakes!!

Five simple rules that I implemented last summer... to a higher standard than I was practicing previously. The only bugs I've seen in my tents since that day are the occasional batch of lady bugs I dump in for the hell of it.

Its easy to keep them out... Once they're in that's a completely different ball game.

Take it or leave it kind of advice...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So very much easier and more affordable than the alternatives...
I have a sealed room so the only vector is myself. I'm always very conscious of what Im wearing and where I have been. Since it's in my house I usually strip down to just undies or change into just comfy pants (as the wife calls em) if I have been outside and give myself a once over. Might sound crazy but (knock on wood) never had a pest issue yet.

Dr.B

Dr.B

I have a sealed room so the only vector is myself. I'm always very conscious of what Im wearing and where I have been. Since it's in my house I usually strip down to just undies or change into just comfy pants (as the wife calls em) if I have been outside and give myself a once over. Might sound crazy but (knock on wood) never had a pest issue yet.
I've definitely decided birthday suit over dirty clothes in the past... 🤣🤣🤣

Dr.B

Dr.B

Yeah wife is not allowed any plants in the house... In turn I agreed to out in a few flower beds outside
That's how I got infested. Went to work, came back and my living room was full of gross infested garden center plants.... I hit the roof!

Outdoor plants are forbidden in my house, my wife follows quarantine procedures for new houseplants these days...

I clone my own plants so no issues there. I've had a gnat get into a cube before... Cause previously stated... ⬆️ went like wildfire!! unbelievably infested a week later...

Last edited:
Top Bottom