Grow Supply Checklist

• Thread starter Max4hdmatt77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Max4hdmatt77

Max4hdmatt77

Hey everyone. New here. Im sure everyone hates posts like this but im the "preventative" type of person and will take that viewpoint in growing, in that I want to have the supplies and pest management supplies for the more common problems that can happen, before they actually happen, instead of a problem arising and me having to order stuff online and pay ridiculous shipping to get it fast enough. I live in a state that only legal for medical so grow supplies aren't the most readily available for me. That being said ive been writing a checklist down of what i need to order that i have separated into two categories: main grow supplies and misc grow supplies. Main grow supplies being the main absolute must haves for a grow and the misc for all the odds and ends that will make a grow up smoother. Ive been doing alot of reading and learning and there is definitely a wealth of knowledge on this forum. Please give all suggestions and input for my list. Also I dont know everything so when suggesting something if you could help with a description about it that would be amazing! Also the tent will be going in a spare bedroom with the exhaust going out the window via one of those air conditions vent things where you hook the ducting up to. My budget is also a little limited somewhat. Hence the reason I'm only getting one or two lights for veg but want to have 3 by the time flower hits in order to make sure I'll cover the 4x4 footprint. I will also being growing SCROG style more time than not.

First run will be 3 mephisto genetics sour livers auto.

Second run will be duke diamonds headband x c99 fem. Planning to do 2 to 4. And obviously the second run will be a ways down the road after the autos finish on the first run.

Main Grow Supplies:
- tent: (unsure on brand) 4'x4'x7'
- light: Kingbrite 240w 301b w/660nm far red cree. (Will be ordering one or 2 at first becuase of money issues. BUT by the time bloom arrives my plan is to have 3 total) Also open to suggestions on different footprint configurations but im already sold on the kingbrite quantum boards
- 6" exhaust kit w/ filter and speed controller (unsure on brands, but have a few in mind)
- Soil: probably going with a recipe that Buzzer777 shared with me that uses FF ocean forest and FF strawberry fields as well as perlite (side note: this is the soil I will be using for when I grow photoperiods. My first grow will be 3 autoflowers and im going to use a "lighter" (not as hot) soil since ive read that usually you want to feed autoflowers a little less since they tend to burn easier. (ALSO OPEN TO ANY AND ALL SUGGESTIONS)
- Nutes: will be using Megacrop as my base so I will probably used a combo that Buzzer777 shared with me as well. It involves using megacrop, pk bloomboost, URB, and Herculean Harvest. Also will get calmag as well but dont know which brand (I know very very little about nutrients and this is absolutely the most scariest part to me so please give suggestions with nutrients you have personal experience with working in a soil grow.)
- Pots- probably 5 gallon pots. Thinking air pots or something that will help with aeration in the soil and let it breathe. (Suggestions please)
- ph up/down kit
- Pest Removal Products- please give me suggestions. I have very limited knowledge with this as well. I was told to get Plant Therapy for gnats and it helps with PM as well.
Misc Grow Supplies (yes I know most, if not all of this is needed):
- Thermometer/Hydrometer
- Thermostat fan switch?
- A few clip on fans probably about 6"
- Digital timer for lights
- EC/TDS PPM meter
- Adjustable light hangers
- Rubber gloves with no dust
- Few small soil spades and shovels
- Some good sunglasses 😎
- Measuring spoon/syringes
- Duct tape
- Razor blades/surgical blades
- Rubber plant ties/something soft that doesnt hurt the plant during growth
- Watering cans
- 5 gallon buckets for tap water to sit in for 24 to 48 hrs
- Jewelers loupe and magnifying glass
- Tweezers
- Spray bottles
- Clothespins preferably spring loaded
- Mason jars and boveda humidity bags for curing
- Trim Scissors
- Calender
-Dowel rods/stakes for support

I'm sure there might be something I left out and if you notice please point is out to me. Also suggestions, suggestions, suggestions, and oh yea did I mention suggestions? No seriously ill take all the help I can get and have ears wide open. Im not expecting to have an amazing grow the first time around. But I want to gather as much info and knowledge as possible instead of jumping off the cliff with no parachute. Also want to send a big shootout to @Buzzer777 and @basshead for helping me decide to go with Kingbrite quantum boards. And if youve read this far please know my brain seriously hurts after typing all this and I seriously, genuinely appreciate you taking the time to read it all and give me some suggestions if you choose to. Happy growing everyone!

Thanks Matt

Last edited:
basscaptain

basscaptain

the 99 cent store is your friend for a lot of this...... you don't need to buy yo/yo hangers for the lights cause that will come with them....
there was a post on here for some fab pots that were tall, it was a screen shot from amazon/247grow?maybe 1,97/1.79 each?
I want some...... Look at those maybe.... I got some fans from walmart online/ shipped from a diff place but the price was GREAT also 1/3rd of that stuff could come there also... there prices are good too...Dowel rods are $$$ if you have a table saw get a few 2x4's ripe them down and make your own... Hit a housing job site and get some wood, hit up the painter for some of his 5's don't pay for them.....

Max4hdmatt77

Max4hdmatt77

Thats pretty much the idea. I know two will suffice for the autos. But by the time i run the photos I definitely am going to need a 3rd one for the 4x4 possibly with some supplemental lighting. Maybe even see if i can cram 4 of those lighta in a 4x4

basscaptain

basscaptain

Thats pretty much the idea. I know two will suffice for the autos. But by the time i run the photos I definitely am going to need a 3rd one for the 4x4 possibly with some supplemental lighting. Maybe even see if i can cram 4 of those lighta in a 4x4
I would run the 2 301b's on the outside and then get 1 of the 301h like I have and put it in the middle ..... you won't need a 4th

B

Burned Haze

For IPM : 1. grandevo ( mix with regalia for ultra healthy plant and mold protection , if your fancy get some for pfr97 and botaniguard wp but that’s only if you want to be a bad ass , so many pests have multiple stages or become resistant & different species )
2.venerate xc, don’t mix this with anything but wetting agents ( rotate every 7 days Inless you see pest that needs different spraying duration like spider mites needs every 3 days) all of this biocontrol and can be sprayed at all stages of life-harvest ( unlike so many sprays and pesticides /fungicides ) read the manuals before use

Last edited by a moderator:
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Hey everyone. New here. Im sure everyone hates posts like this but im the "preventative" type of person and will take that viewpoint in growing, in that I want to have the supplies and pest management supplies for the more common problems that can happen, before they actually happen, instead of a problem arising and me having to order stuff online and pay ridiculous shipping to get it fast enough. I live in a state that only legal for medical so grow supplies aren't the most readily available for me. That being said ive been writing a checklist down of what i need to order that i have separated into two categories: main grow supplies and misc grow supplies. Main grow supplies being the main absolute must haves for a grow and the misc for all the odds and ends that will make a grow up smoother. Ive been doing alot of reading and learning and there is definitely a wealth of knowledge on this forum. Please give all suggestions and input for my list. Also I dont know everything so when suggesting something if you could help with a description about it that would be amazing! Also the tent will be going in a spare bedroom with the exhaust going out the window via one of those air conditions vent things where you hook the ducting up to. My budget is also a little limited somewhat. Hence the reason I'm only getting one or two lights for veg but want to have 3 by the time flower hits in order to make sure I'll cover the 4x4 footprint. I will also being growing SCROG style more time than not.

First run will be 3 mephisto genetics sour livers auto.

Second run will be duke diamonds headband x c99 fem. Planning to do 2 to 4. And obviously the second run will be a ways down the road after the autos finish on the first run.

Main Grow Supplies:
- tent: (unsure on brand) 4'x4'x7'
- light: Kingbrite 240w 301b w/660nm far red cree. (Will be ordering one or 2 at first becuase of money issues. BUT by the time bloom arrives my plan is to have 3 total) Also open to suggestions on different footprint configurations but im already sold on the kingbrite quantum boards
- 6" exhaust kit w/ filter and speed controller (unsure on brands, but have a few in mind)
- Soil: probably going with a recipe that Buzzer777 shared with me that uses FF ocean forest and FF strawberry fields as well as perlite (side note: this is the soil I will be using for when I grow photoperiods. My first grow will be 3 autoflowers and im going to use a "lighter" (not as hot) soil since ive read that usually you want to feed autoflowers a little less since they tend to burn easier. (ALSO OPEN TO ANY AND ALL SUGGESTIONS)
- Nutes: will be using Megacrop as my base so I will probably used a combo that Buzzer777 shared with me as well. It involves using megacrop, pk bloomboost, URB, and Herculean Harvest. Also will get calmag as well but dont know which brand (I know very very little about nutrients and this is absolutely the most scariest part to me so please give suggestions with nutrients you have personal experience with working in a soil grow.)
- Pots- probably 5 gallon pots. Thinking air pots or something that will help with aeration in the soil and let it breathe. (Suggestions please)
- ph up/down kit
- Pest Removal Products- please give me suggestions. I have very limited knowledge with this as well. I was told to get Plant Therapy for gnats and it helps with PM as well.
Misc Grow Supplies (yes I know most, if not all of this is needed):
- Thermometer/Hydrometer
- Thermostat fan switch?
- A few clip on fans probably about 6"
- Digital timer for lights
- EC/TDS PPM meter
- Adjustable light hangers
- Rubber gloves with no dust
- Few small soil spades and shovels
- Some good sunglasses 😎
- Measuring spoon/syringes
- Duct tape
- Razor blades/surgical blades
- Rubber plant ties/something soft that doesnt hurt the plant during growth
- Watering cans
- 5 gallon buckets for tap water to sit in for 24 to 48 hrs
- Jewelers loupe and magnifying glass
- Tweezers
- Spray bottles
- Clothespins preferably spring loaded
- Mason jars and boveda humidity bags for curing
- Trim Scissors
- Calender
-Dowel rods/stakes for support

I'm sure there might be something I left out and if you notice please point is out to me. Also suggestions, suggestions, suggestions, and oh yea did I mention suggestions? No seriously ill take all the help I can get and have ears wide open. Im not expecting to have an amazing grow the first time around. But I want to gather as much info and knowledge as possible instead of jumping off the cliff with no parachute. Also want to send a big shootout to @Buzzer777 and @basshead for helping me decide to go with Kingbrite quantum boards. And if youve read this far please know my brain seriously hurts after typing all this and I seriously, genuinely appreciate you taking the time to read it all and give me some suggestions if you choose to. Happy growing everyone!

Thanks Matt
Add PH UP/DOWN and I like Bamboo support poles rather than plane wood or metal. Water won't rot them. Those cheapo moisture meters come in handy for reaching in the rear of a 4x4. PH pen and/or PH test kit too. I use the PH chemical to check my pens. Add a PK booster for flower and I LOVE Botincare Sweet Raw..even though Bayer/Monsanto owns them now. (very optional)

A Walmart Calander white board is reusuable!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I guess the list you have is pretty complete, although you remind me of a first time parent that has everything pre-arranged, only to find that 90% of the stuff isn't always needed. My list is much shorter, but I grow with a minimalist viewpoint. I use Promix, compost/manure, 5 gallon buckets, Jack's 20-20-20, and a gallon jug to water them with. Buzzer has a great recipe but it is much more involved than my system. But Buzzer's method has probably thought out more potential problems.
The biggest defense is a good offense, IMO. Make sure that your plants and area are free from any bugs such as spider mites. Poor air circulation is a killer, so make sure that your vent system is up to the task. If I have 1 word of advice that causes more problems for newer growers is overfeeding. FF is a great medium for growing, but it is pre loaded with fertilizers and some strains seem to have problems with it being too hot. Plants take very little nutrient until they get a little larger. Depending on the light amount, FF might have enough in it to last thru flowering. Regardless, use any additional nutes with caution. I answer more posts about overfed plants than any other. Good luck!

Last edited:
Max4hdmatt77

Max4hdmatt77

I would run the 2 301b's on the outside and then get 1 of the 301h like I have and put it in the middle ..... you won't need a 4th

I just dont like the idea of the cree red and UV both being on the same switch. Id honestly rather get some far red pucks and do like 2 supplemental UV bars and strips in between the 301b on their own timer so I can switch them on from the outside of the tent whenever I want as well as having them timed to only be on for so long. Although I'll be passing on the far red pucks for the autos. Dont want to possibly make them finish too early. Although I havent read about if far red is specifically beneficial to autos. I'll have to search that.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

2 gal shop vac is your friend,that a big list there friend,also dont think your gonna screw up,most have there best harvest with the first,patience is key ,let them finish,you rush thing and they go south,congrads on the book work you have gone further most it just to easy to get a old hand to try to do your grow,no fun there ,your first isnt only exciting it is rememberable,so take every day as your lesson for a new love ,good luck

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

2 gal shop vac is your friend,that a big list there friend,also dont think your gonna screw up,most have there best harvest with the first,patience is key ,let them finish,you rush thing and they go south,congrads on the book work you have gone further most it just to easy to get a old hand to try to do your grow,no fun there ,your first isnt only exciting it is rememberable,so take every day as your lesson for a new love ,good luck
Add a Turkey baster to remove water from catch trays..don't forget the catch trays..preferably with the ribs to raise the pots up a bit for airflow underneath.

basscaptain

basscaptain

think I have a cutting broad or 2 out there also :( lol :) lights on lol guess it's time to get up lol
20191010 050701

Max4hdmatt77

Max4hdmatt77

For IPM : 1. grandevo ( mix with regalia for ultra healthy plant and mold protection , if your fancy get some for pfr97 and botaniguard wp but that’s only if you want to be a bad ass , so many pests have multiple stages or become resistant & different species )
2.venerate xc, don’t mix this with anything but wetting agents ( rotate every 7 days Inless you see pest that needs different spraying duration like spider mites needs every 3 days) all of this biocontrol and can be sprayed at all stages of life-harvest ( unlike so many sprays and pesticides /fungicides ) read the manuals before use

Thank you Burned Haze. I'll definitely write those down on the list and check into them/read up on them and how they are applied. Like i said my pest management knowledge is very minimal so im writing down all suggestions when it comes to that.

Max4hdmatt77

Max4hdmatt77

I guess the list you have is pretty complete, although you remind me of a first time parent that has everything pre-arranged, only to find that 90% of the stuff isn't always needed. My list is much shorter, but I grow with a minimalist viewpoint. I use Promix, compost/manure, 5 gallon buckets, Jack's 20-20-20, and a gallon jug to water them with. Buzzer has a great recipe but it is much more involved than my system. But Buzzer's method has probably thought out more potential problems.
The biggest defense is a good offense, IMO. Make sure that your plants and area are free from any bugs such as spider mites. Poor air circulation is a killer, so make sure that your vent system is up to the task. If I have 1 word of advice that causes more problems for newer growers is overfeeding. FF is a great medium for growing, but it is pre loaded with fertilizers and some strains seem to have problems with it being too hot. Plants take very little nutrient until they get a little larger. Depending on the light amount, FF might have enough in it to last thru flowering. Regardless, use any additional nutes with caution. I answer more posts about overfed plants than any other. Good luck!

Yea my plan on the auto run is to use the biobizz light mix. It seems to be formulated more for autos being that it doesnt come as "hot" out the bag. Appreciate the info and heads up. I'll probably be ok with the overfeeding part because I'm super scared of burning my plants or anything like that. Im also the kind of person that believes a little goes a long way and I have read so many posts and things about people overfeeding my using whats recommended on the package. EVERYONE has told me to start out at 1/4 strength and go by the plants. If theyre asking for more give them more and if they arent then keep it there. And poasibly increase very little over time. With the autos I'll probably start out around 1/8 strength with any nutrients i use.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Most underrated tool of any grow room. Cheap but a must have and eliminates shit tons of issues and improves growth rates. IR TEMP GUN. 3 basic must haves PH meter, IR temp gun and PPM meter

Top Bottom