Grow Tent Advice

• Thread starter Ezduzit387
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ezduzit387

Ezduzit387

Wassup fellow farmers I'm looking to invest in a 5x5 tent and I was was wondering which would be more beneficial 2 600Ws or 1 1000w....I'm looking to grow about 12-15 plants and I want to finish in 3 gallon pots....I'm planning on vegging for 3 wks to 1 month.....eventually I'm looking to aquire 4 5x5 tents 1 for mothers and clones the other 3 I want to divide between 3 different strains 12-15 plants in each....but I'm curious as to which light would be more beneficial also which inline Fan would be best? As far as odor I was thinking carbon filter. Any suggestions or tweaking of this setup from the fellow farmers would be greatly appriciated. Keep it Green Peeps

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

If power is an issue go with the 600, also run the 600 if heat is also an issue. 8" blower fan running 3 tents on a duct splitter should suffice at 50+ percent load on controller with minimal ducting considering everything is in the same room. More ducting, more power needed. Start there and use your factors to tweak it yourself!

Ezduzit387

Ezduzit387

If power is an issue go with the 600, also run the 600 if heat is also an issue. 8" blower fan running 3 tents on a duct splitter should suffice at 50+ percent load on controller with minimal ducting considering everything is in the same room. More ducting, more power needed. Start there and use your factors to tweak it yourself!
Thanks and as of right now I'm planning the First tent....so you would say 2 600s would be better as appose to the 1000w?

Cherrorist

Cherrorist

I run 1 600 in a 4x4, I think I'd be happier with 2 400's In there.

I think you would do well from the extra watts and extra light spread from the 2 6oo's bruva.

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

two 600's can't lose, grow two large trees in 50 gallon dwc's, one light per plant.

Peace

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

Dont go with 2 400 in a 5x5, your better off with the 1000w in that situation. But if your running more than one tent id do 600's cause 3 1000's are better for open room grows

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
in the tent the 1kw sucks for height restraint issues. I'd def go 2 600watters in a 5'x5' tent. Just don't have big ass reflectores, use something smaller like a daystar or super sun hood....just an idea, the hood thing isn't a big issue, get whatever hoods you like(especially if you wanna use 1kw in future in em or air cool....).
I have a 5'x5' tent right now with a 1kw in it and it limits what kinds you can grow and you'd have to be ultra aggressive in LST or doing SOG. Og's are tough in tents with low height with large wattage....trust me.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Now an air cooled 1kw in a tent is totally doable, but you still won't have the option of getting plants as close to the lights as you can with 600 watters.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Wassup fellow farmers I'm looking to invest in a 5x5 tent and I was was wondering which would be more beneficial 2 600Ws or 1 1000w....I'm looking to grow about 12-15 plants and I want to finish in 3 gallon pots....I'm planning on vegging for 3 wks to 1 month.....eventually I'm looking to aquire 4 5x5 tents 1 for mothers and clones the other 3 I want to divide between 3 different strains 12-15 plants in each....but I'm curious as to which light would be more beneficial also which inline Fan would be best? As far as odor I was thinking carbon filter. Any suggestions or tweaking of this setup from the fellow farmers would be greatly appriciated. Keep it Green Peeps
Are you trying to use separate exhausts for each tent or tie the exhaust all together? I'd go 10" if your trying to exhaust them off one extraction fan. Your gonna need a big filter to handle all the tents, bigger than an 8" imo

Ezduzit387

Ezduzit387

I
Are you trying to use separate exhausts for each tent or tie the exhaust all together? I'd go 10" if your trying to exhaust them off one extraction fan. Your gonna need a big filter to handle all the tents, bigger than an 8" imo
if I could exhaust it with one fan that would be amazing but my original plan was 3 seperate tents for flower n 1 for mothers and clones(all of flower tents would be 5x5 maximum 14 plants flowering at a time) just so I can finely tune the strains at the same time but maybe the different tents aren't necessary....but 2 600s in each I was thinking might be ideal but I was also taking in perspective the 1000 might penetrate cannopy better but 2 600s better overall coverage...lol so much to consider

Latest posts

Top Bottom