grow tent or grow shed?

• Thread starter dean1963
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

Ahh. Then I would do something like 2 x 600 watt HPS. Or 4 single 315 watt cmh. Then use duct fans to control the temperature. As long as your summer isn't crazy hot it should be ok. Then you only need a couple out let's and you can max out the space for yield. Some good tape and that duraboard foam is good to use.
Two 630w de cmh outperforms four 315w cmh, ime. And will outperform two 600w hps, and also generate less heat.

KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

Even better. I might get some CMH soon. The doubles sound pretty Ideal.
I've had my 630 de's for about 4 years now and I cant fault them 👌. I've tried most light sources, except led. Started off with 400w hps,.. then 600w hps,.. then 1000w 400v de hps, lol 😅.. I have a 315w cmh but I only use it for veg/mums/clones or for extra lighting really. I've thought about led but I'll wait until the tech developments slow down and reah an optimum first. The lights some people bought last year are now obsolete, discontinued or there is a better model out, lol 😅 If I try led it will be something like the Solux from Hortibloom or the Gavita 1930e, that style, not the usual bar style led. The bar style gives better coverage but I want penetration/intesity over coverage, as coverage can be solved with a light mover.

Ponky

Ponky

The ducting will tunnel the light. I use filters and a long enough perfect of ducting that the light doesn't shine in.

D

dean1963

The ducting will tunnel the light. I use filters and a long enough perfect of ducting that the light doesn't shine in.
ponky your the best. thanks for all the advice. i mean it, thanks so much.
about filters, what exactly do you mean?

Ponky

Ponky

ponky your the best. thanks for all the advice. i mean it, thanks so much.
about filters, what exactly do you mean?
Well when I setup my intake fans and ducting I attach them to a frame that I can put a furnace filter onto. I use a one sided foam tape to give it a sealing surface. To keep dust and bugs out. And to keep the light from tunneling through you can roll the ducting around in a loop or two. If the duct is short and straight light gets jn really easy.

thatguy2001

thatguy2001

I use black, light blocking ducting. With a can filter on either end, there is no light leakage.
I built my shed into a grow room. It works great. I used foam insulation on the inside with the reflective side facing in. It works great and the biggest colas are often in the corners due to the extra light.
As for the height issue, good LED lights will allow the tops to be as close as 6" from the top of the plant. Scrogging will allow you to keep the plant height down. I have more height available, but I scrog my plants to have an even 2x2 canopy each so 4 plants for into a 4x4 space. If well trained, you could go wider.
Don't do a 4x6 bed unless you want to crawl in the dirt to access the back plants.
IMG 20220504 100437261

D

dean1963

well, i finally got my shed emptied and found mould and mildew on parts of the plywood floor.
i washed the vinyl walls and ceiling with water and bleach and scrubbed the hell out of the floor with it also. have a big fan in there now drying it and will leave it for a couple of days.
plan is to paint the plywood floor with KILZ or some type of oil based paint to kill any spores still left in the wood.
is there any issue with this or any better options?

D

dean1963

doing the insulation and framing now. no website i went to said the rigid insulation was foil backed, so i guess i wasted money buying flash gro 2 reflective foil.
another live and learn thing i guess.
you can see the in and out vents.
i was thinking exhaust fan up high and ducting intake down to the floor at the other side for cross flow.

any other thing i should be doing ?

20220519 184133
Ponky

Ponky

Tight. Gotta seal those seems with some tape. And cover that last little but so moisture doesn't build up and drip from the area. Looks good.

Observationist

Observationist

Ahh. Then I would do something like 2 x 600 watt HPS. Or 4 single 315 watt cmh. Then use duct fans to control the temperature. As long as your summer isn't crazy hot it should be ok. Then you only need a couple out let's and you can max out the space for yield. Some good tape and that duraboard foam is good to use.
Then you need more cooling for less efficient lights.

D

dean1963

Tight. Gotta seal those seems with some tape. And cover that last little but so moisture doesn't build up and drip from the area. Looks good.
yeah, i was still to sore from running 2 new 20 amp circuits in the attic from hell to finish framing and insulation.
i finished more today and used foil tape everywhere, but i'll still put up the flash gro seeing as i have it. guarantee no light or drafts get in. overkill but whatever
lol
sucks getting old

D

dean1963

getting ready to move into my new shed today.
but i just thought about light placement.
these lights cover 4x4 , so should i space them out for max coverage or have the footprint overlap some in the middle of them, i have 2 lights.
my thinking is with over lap is that it might eliminate the weaker area in the middle.
any thoughts?

Ponky

Ponky

No need got overlap. Place them for max coverage. LEDs are a very potent light source already.

Latest posts

Top Bottom