grow tent or grow shed?

• Thread starter dean1963
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dean1963

a/c , humidifier , dehumidifier , heater , oscillating fans and ac infinity fan with heat and humidity settings. i may need another ac infinity fan though, we'll see.
and as usual in any type of build, whether it's a house or a computer, the first 90% of the build takes 10% of the time and the final 10 % takes 90 % of the time.
i discovered that 1 layer of dura foam with a foil side is not light proof, i also never considered that measuring the center on the floor is not center on a sloped roof.
i partitioned off 2 feet of my shed thinking light would not get in through the shed door and dura foam. mistake.
i even built a curtain from flash gro II , but it didn't help.
i'm going to use plywood on the outside of the partition wall i guess.

another live and learn thing i guess. i hope my mistakes helps someone else here

D

dean1963

i should say that rather than throwing away the dura foam cut offs i put them on the exterior of the partition wall and the only light leaks is from the single layer foam door

TEMP 20220523 163828 HDR
D

dean1963

next problem is not enough CFM. i have 1 4" ac infinity exhaust fan now, but it's only 208 CFM and my shed is 351 cubic feet.
i have to stay with 4" because i'm not going to redo the ducting now.
i'm going to get another 4" fan today.
question is, can i use a Y pipe and hook both fans to it?
only other option that i see is use both vents i have now for exhaust and add a 6 or 8" passive intake.
what's you guys opinions?

20220521 164452 HDR
20220526 060832 HDR
Ponky

Ponky

I would stick with exhaust fans. And passive intake. Add more fans. Or use reducers and add 6" fans.

KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

next problem is not enough CFM. i have 1 4" ac infinity exhaust fan now, but it's only 208 CFM and my shed is 351 cubic feet.
i have to stay with 4" because i'm not going to redo the ducting now.
i'm going to get another 4" fan today.
question is, can i use a Y pipe and hook both fans to it?
only other option that i see is use both vents i have now for exhaust and add a 6 or 8" passive intake.
what's you guys opinions
Get a 6" fan and a 6inch - 4inch reducer for your outtake.
Use the 4"fan for your intake.

D

dean1963

i went with 2 4" fans and a y-pipe with just the 4" passive intake for now.
it was 10C and 83% RH outside this morning and shed was 18.9C and 58% RH so i put a dehumidifier in and temps are now 22C and 45% RH.
i may have to use both 4"ducts for exhaust and install a 8" passive intake when the temps get up this summer, if they do! been a real cold and rainy spring so far. not normal here.
i'm so close to being done this crop that i'll make do with this for now

thanks for all the advice so far guys, i really appreciate it

20220529 104128 HDR
D

dean1963

i was getting worried about burning out the fans because they ran pretty much constant so i did the 2 exhaust and 2 passive intakes today. all 4 inch.
i still get a vacuum in the shed though. i can feel it when i open the door.
should i do 1 fan exhaust and 1 fan intake? the intake filter cans i bought seem to have a pretty thick filter on them.
i have my temp setting at 22C (72 F) and humidity at 45% , late stage of flower with purple kush auto.
are my settings to low maybe? good ole internet is all over the board with numbers

thanks guys

20220531 133509
20220531 133425 HDR
D

dean1963

also when i picked up the other filter today i bought a USB cam.still learning,but this is what i took . advice on how milky they are for future reference.
thanks once again

IPC 2022 05 311154419510
IPC 2022 05 311155184300
IPC 2022 05 311202146830
KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

Thats a really nice space, you've done a great job 👏👌
Eventually you are going to upgrade to an active intake and then it will be running sweeeeeeet 🌟👌 I would have gone with a 6" outtake and used the 4" as the intake, but you can still use one of your fans as an intake. I think those filters are designed primarily to be used with fans, so that's prob why they're so thick/dense. Also, if I remember correctly, you need double the size inlet if you are using a passive intake. So a 4" fan would need an 8" inlet (or two 4" inlets).
Great work, really nice build 👌👏 🌟

D

dean1963

i couldn't find an appropriate thread so i'll post here.
purple kush auto day 68 from seed and day 40 in flower grown in FFOF with nothing but water added,mars 3000 led at about 75% power, lights draw 450 watts.
temps have hit 26-27 C , but usually 20-24C , humidity has being mid to high 40's last few weeks.
is this foxtailing? trics are all cloudy with very few amber as far as i can tell. i was going for lots of amber for sleep and pain.
should i cut now and live with whatever i get or can i wait for amber?
MOST of what i read said foxtailing won't hurt the end product, but some people say it's really bad.
any advice from the pro's?
please and thanks

20220527 124615 HDR
20220603 131511 HDR
20220603 131522 HDR
Ponky

Ponky

i couldn't find an appropriate thread so i'll post here.
purple kush auto day 68 from seed and day 40 in flower grown in FFOF with nothing but water added,mars 3000 led at about 75% power, lights draw 450 watts.
temps have hit 26-27 C , but usually 20-24C , humidity has being mid to high 40's last few weeks.
is this foxtailing? trics are all cloudy with very few amber as far as i can tell. i was going for lots of amber for sleep and pain.
should i cut now and live with whatever i get or can i wait for amber?
MOST of what i read said foxtailing won't hurt the end product, but some people say it's really bad. Or wait for fall coloring and chop when it stops drinking (old school)
any advice from the pro's?
please and thanks
Jeweler's loupe or a USB microscope. Look for cloudy glands and amber on 10 to 30% og gland heads. Need about 60 to 100x magnification.

steamroller

steamroller

I don't see foxtailing as an issue, but maybe it is how I see pics?
Nice looking bud !

D

dean1963

Jeweler's loupe or a USB microscope. Look for cloudy glands and amber on 10 to 30% og gland heads. Need about 60 to 100x magnification.
i have both and the trics are all cloudy with very few amber. i was just worried i might have to chop at cloudy and not wait for amber. thanks

Ponky

Ponky

i'm a newb at this so i was just worried. thanks
On a side note you have a very unique color of purple going on there. If it takes like wax or flowers or potpourri or pepper it's OK. But if it has really deep kush notes and a sweet taste I'm guessing it's going to be very heavy smoke. You have a chance to be growing a unique elite plant. Something pretty special. Based on appearance alone.

D

dean1963

On a side note you have a very unique color of purple going on there. If it takes like wax or flowers or potpourri or pepper it's OK. But if it has really deep kush notes and a sweet taste I'm guessing it's going to be very heavy smoke. You have a chance to be growing a unique elite plant. Something pretty special. Based on appearance alone.
thanks, but all i did was order the seeds and then did everything possible to screw them up from day 1. LOL
i learned allot from this grow thanks to you guys. so thanks once again.
since i'm here, would it stress the plant if i took a bud now while their milky?
they have to be real close to turning amber i would think and don't want to hurt them anymore than i have

Ponky

Ponky

thanks, but all i did was order the seeds and then did everything possible to screw them up from day 1. LOL
i learned allot from this grow thanks to you guys. so thanks once again.
since i'm here, would it stress the plant if i took a bud now while their milky?
they have to be real close to turning amber i would think and don't want to hurt them anymore than i have
Snipping a branch won't hurt. Unless the spot gets infected. Usually it's fine.

Spaanky

Spaanky

currently using a 4x4x80" AC infinity tent (outside) with 5 autos growing, but i also have a 8x10 new vinyl shed that i was thinking of converting to a grow room.
i'd insulate and use mylar on the walls. i'd also wall it off to maybe 6x6 or so with a seperate door. i'd also use my existing tent for drying/curing.
is it worth the effort or not? cost would be small for me, but want your opinions please.
thanks guys
Shed.... Deck it... Fill it..
Do your dream shed now.
How much time do you think we have left?
Everything is genocide now.
Watch your ass

D

dean1963

i know you guys are probably real tired of this question but, is it time to chop?
very few amber and then only on the sugar leaves. purple kush auto's are supposed to be great for sleep and pain so i'm wondering if i should chop now.
crappy pics but i think their all milky now and have been for several days.
70 days from seed and 42 days into flower
opinions please

20220605 121231
20220605 121235 HDR
20220605 121340 HDR
Top Bottom