grow tent or grow shed?

• Thread starter dean1963
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ponky

Ponky

i know you guys are probably real tired of this question but, is it time to chop?
very few amber and then only on the sugar leaves. purple kush auto's are supposed to be great for sleep and pain so i'm wondering if i should chop now.
crappy pics but i think their all milky now and have been for several days.
70 days from seed and 42 days into flower
opinions please
For me thats ideal. Nice looking 100% milky. Now is IMO the best time.

D

dean1963

okay guys, one more newb question.
i'm drying them now at 21C , 70F at 50ish humidity with a very light breeze.
wet trimmed the big leaves but not the sugar leaves, hanging the entire small plant now.
after the buds feel dry but before i put them in jars to cure do i trim all the stems off or do i leave them on until their cured?

Ponky

Ponky

I trim most of the leaves off. Let it dry on the rack for 6 or 7 days. Then toss it all in a a garbage bag. Sweat it. And I open and close the bag once a day until it's ready.

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

currently using a 4x4x80" AC infinity tent (outside) with 5 autos growing, but i also have a 8x10 new vinyl shed that i was thinking of converting to a grow room.
i'd insulate and use mylar on the walls. i'd also wall it off to maybe 6x6 or so with a seperate door. i'd also use my existing tent for drying/curing.
is it worth the effort or not? cost would be small for me, but want your opinions please.
thanks guys
I say shed If it a nice size one. Or put tent in the shed

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

I trim most of the leaves off. Let it dry on the rack for 6 or 7 days. Then toss it all in a a garbage bag. Sweat it. And I open and close the bag once a day until it's ready.
I say brown paper bag. I always wondered if bag way worked

D

dean1963

not really a budget cap, but i'm not growing to many plants so no need to spend 5 G'S on this. from post #12.
haha, what an idiot i am.
$4000 not counting the shed itself. 🤣🤣🤣

D

dean1963

on a side note
i added an 8" passive intake today to go along with the 2-4" passive i already had. still slight negative pressure in the shed.
and why do i need negative pressure anyways?

D

dean1963

Looks good. Let us know what it tastes like.
dried for about 1 week slow and easy then cured for about 1 week before i had to dip into it.
remember guys, i haven't smoked any weed in 30+ years.
i was going for pain and sleep, well i got so buzzed i wasn't comfortable standing up, but when i had the balls to stumble to bed i slept for a solid 8 hours.
will sound stupid from a guy that started growing, but i don't like that high of a head buzz.
i gave a couple buds away for samples and the guys said it was amazing.
i have to admit it was so smooth that i didn't really think i inhaled any. i guess that's because i got stupid fussy trimming. not a single leaf of any size on the buds at all

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Where do you live? Summer temps? Just wondering if going into a shed with no ac and summer heat plus lights and stuff, sounds too hot to me.

Maybe throw a temp humidity sensor in there for a few days? See what you are working with?
Deff is gonna be a bit of work to convert the shed and yes about a week give or take monitoring rh, tempn all of that be4 putting plants in there

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Seemed as you were asking whether or not to grow in your new shed?

D

dean1963

Go for it man. Do the shed. All of these details can be ironed out and you know you'll like it better. More room and a sturdy structure. Grow all year and have a hide away from whomever

I vote shed. Make this a poll so I can vote 😄
thought i'd give an update on how the grow shed went.
E9noxis was correct about ironing the shit out as i go. thanks bud.
this is what i have so far, any suggestions are more than welcome.
first picture is the secret door to my pot empire. lol
2nd is the og kush photos under 15k lux
3rd is purple kush auto under 2300 lux
4th and 5th are just air circulation
6th shows my expanded metal mesh stand i built to keep the girls off the floor.
thoughts on improving it?

20220712 175038 HDR
20220712 175056 HDR
20220712 175059 HDR
20220712 175101
20220712 175110
20220712 175121 HDR

Latest posts

Top Bottom